Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Read this before you decide to carry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts

This was exactly the info I was looking for! My next step is going to be training, retaining a lawyer, & more training. Thanks!!!

Old 07-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #82

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Great read, Canebrake.
I am currently waiting on my carry license from Texas.

Carrying a firearm to me is for my family, not to be what some want to be, a "badass".
I smoked for a lot of years and the main reason I quit was not because it was bad for me, but for my wife. My exposing her to my smoking was killing her as mast as it was killing me. I saw it as an unselfish sacrifice for her.

With the current state of the country, with me living 528 miles north of the border, and DHS releasing prisoners, I can't help but worry. Being in rural America, we don't have the big city crime problems, but sooner or later, bad guys will see it's less risk to move outside the city.
I hope and pray it doesn't come to taking a life, but my wife, not my possessons means the world to me. Again, thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by Randyman59; 07-08-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #83

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman59
Great read, Canebrake.
I am currently waiting on my carry license from Texas.

Carrying a firearm to me is for my family, not to be what some want to be, a "badass".
I smoked for a lot of years and the main reason I quit was not because it was bad for me, but for my wife. My exposing her to my smoking was killing her as mast as it was killing me. I saw it as an unselfish sacrifice for her.

With the current state of the country, with me living 528 miles north of the border, and DHS releasing prisoners, I can't help but worry. Being in rural America, we don't have the big city crime problems, but sooner or later, bad guys will see it's less risk to move outside the city.
I hope and pray it doesn't come to taking a life, but my wife, not my possessons means the world to me. Again, thanks for the heads up.
I agree with you mostly. My permit was obtained because i don't want to ever feel helpless the day one of my loved ones are in harms way

Old 08-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #84
CJx

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 36

You do not have to surrender your weapon to police in Florida stand your ground state, most likely don't have to in other states as well, as long as the shooting was lawful.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #85
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx View Post
You do not have to surrender your weapon to police in Florida stand your ground state, most likely don't have to in other states as well, as long as the shooting was lawful.
Yeah good luck with that.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 08-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #86
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19947 Times on 11336 Posts
Likes Given: 50308

Quote:
even in justified shooting, there is quite possibilty and it's more than likely the firearm will be taken in until the shooting iscleared one way or the other.

just out of curiosity, where are you getting your information from? i am pretty sure someone is feeding you wrong information.

best place to find out the truth on these types of subjects, is the state laws in your state, or an attorney.
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 08-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #87

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Tell that to George Zimmerman. His gun was taken as part of the investigation into the Travon Martin shooting and now the Feds have stepped in and siezed (illegally siezed) it with the excuse that they need it in case they file federal hate crime charges. Even the prez said he couldn't have it back - but that he could buy another one if he wants to. Hey Mr. prez, if you are going to illegally sieze Zimmerman's gun maybe YOU should buy him another one!

It is better to have what you do not need rather than to need what you do not have.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #88
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR22shooter View Post

Tell that to George Zimmerman. His gun was taken as part of the investigation into the Travon Martin shooting and now the Feds have stepped in and siezed (illegally siezed) it with the excuse that they need it in case they file federal hate crime charges. Even the prez said he couldn't have it back - but that he could buy another one if he wants to. Hey Mr. prez, if you are going to illegally sieze Zimmerman's gun maybe YOU should buy him another one!
And he was found to have been justified twice for the same shooting. Lmfao

I don't need No stinking signature.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #89

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

very good advise cane, one rule that I learned when I took my administration of justice course for private security when dealing with reports, and that rule apply when dealing with law enforcement over a shooting incident is CYA.......cover your ass.....and your advice will help do just that.

Colt Model (N) 1908
Smith & Wesson 30-1
Taurus Model 85
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Marlin 60
Sccy CPX-2
Ruger Target 22/45 MKIII

Previous Firearms:
Hi-Point JHP
Sccy CPX-2
Ruger LCP
Taurus PT-25
Cobra FS380CB
Cobra CA380BB

Old 12-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 176 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Did you read?

Draw down on the Bad Guy's center mass and watch his hands as you approach. Hands kill! Everything else is just a distraction! Clear the Tango of any weapons and make sure he is no longer a threat. DO NOT shoot again unless he moves at you. By this time you will more than likely be on someone's candid camera!

If the Tango is no longer a threat, safe and holster your weapon. The officers responding have no idea what has happened, won't know who the good guy is, won't know who the bad guy is, and if they find you standing over a body with a gun in your hand you're likely to get a bad reaction.

While keeping a safe distance, stay alert! This guy was trying to kill you just minutes ago! Continue your 360 sweeps for any BG’s that may show up!

What's your issue?
As I said, "approach." You have no business approaching the "Tango," much less "clear[ing him] of any weapons." That's the LEO's job. "Standing over a body" gives anybody the wrong impression, including any witnesses, especially if they watched you approach with the gun still aimed at him and delivering a coup de grâce if he "moves at you."

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh