Read this before you decide to carry! - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Read this before you decide to carry!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 05:41 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4667 Times on 2323 Posts
Likes Given: 1086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
Just remember that anything you CAN and WILL be used against you in a court of law. On the other hand, it can't be used to help you.
Yes it can.... Now repeat after me. "I was in fear for my life, I want my attorney."

Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 689 Times on 400 Posts
Likes Given: 211

You make excellent points. I only hope that I am never in that situation.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:00 AM   #73

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

The OP was good, but off about one thing. Justified or not, expect jail time to some degree. Handing you back your ID and calling you a taxi is pretty remote. At the very least, expect to be questioned, at nausium , by an assortment of investigators at police headquarters. Durring this time, your lawyer will show up, allowing you to talk to the police, after you talk to your attorney. If your legal bill for day one is under five grand, count yourself lucky.

For most CHP holders, this will be the first trip in the back of a police car, with the added bonus of cuffed wrists behind your back, while in seatbealts.

The cuffs, the police car ride, hurting (or worse ) someone will all make you nervous. Shut up till you talk to your attorney

Last edited by AR10; 05-06-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #74

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I was wondering if I could share this on my Facebook page (Packed & Backed by the 2nd) and credit that it came from this forum? I know I could do it anyway, I just wanted to ask ahead of time and see if it violates any rules. Obviously, my 3800+ followers would get some great information.....and I'd imagine it would bring more people here. Anyway, just wondering. Thanks again for an awesome post.
You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time. - Unknown

Old 05-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #75
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8505 Times on 5084 Posts
Likes Given: 11131

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwb8568 View Post
I was wondering if I could share this on my Facebook page (Packed & Backed by the 2nd) and credit that it came from this forum? I know I could do it anyway, I just wanted to ask ahead of time and see if it violates any rules. Obviously, my 3800+ followers would get some great information.....and I'd imagine it would bring more people here. Anyway, just wondering. Thanks again for an awesome post.
Don't post it until you hear back from Canebrake. I am bringing this to his attention. He's been busy but he'll get back to you.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:49 AM   #76

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I haven't and am awaiting approval before doing so.
You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time. - Unknown

Old 05-07-2013, 04:27 AM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Great post!

A couple of other things to think about... You're in shock you need to tell them the officers you need to go to the hospital immediately....Also don't be embarrassed ( it's a good thing )if as a result of what happened you peed yourself or even crapped yourself. Its related to how the body processes extreme fear/stress...

Also there is a service you can buy for a monthly fee called "Pre-Paid Legal" it's not the do all end all legal solution. But it is pretty handy to have as a jump start for legal services and a portion of fees related....

FWIW

Become steel or get cut.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:42 AM   #78
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8505 Times on 5084 Posts
Likes Given: 11131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
Great post!

A couple of other things to think about... You're in shock you need to tell them the officers you need to go to the hospital immediately....Also don't be embarrassed ( it's a good thing )if as a result of what happened you peed yourself or even crapped yourself. Its related to how the body processes extreme fear/stress...

Also there is a service you can buy for a monthly fee called "Pre-Paid Legal" it's not the do all end all legal solution. But it is pretty handy to have as a jump start for legal services and a portion of fees related....

FWIW
I had "pre paid legal" through an employer for a while. I had to use them once. The lawyer was an idiot.

If you want a good lawyer who is well versed in firearms law, I would NOT use the pre paid legal services but find one and have him on retainer or at least carry his/her number with you.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

I defer to winds experience.....

Become steel or get cut.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #80

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I appreciate all of this. As someone who is waiting to obtain my CWP (my wife, too) this is an invaluable resource. Thanks to all who have made positive comments concerning the responsibilities of carrying a CW. As has been said many times - let us all just hope we never find ourselves in a situation where we will have to use our weapons.