? re: deep-carry handguns - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > ? re: deep-carry handguns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post

Not quite illegal but a gun that can be fired from a wallet (as opposed to a wallet holster where the gun must be drawn to fire) are NFA firearms and require special tax stamps like SBR or sawed off shotguns.
My dad has never had to pay any special tax on his LCP. Also this is his approved and certified back up weapon that he uses on duty. Carries it just as the picture above.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #42

Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucznik View Post
I need a handgun for truly deep-carry purposes. This gun needs to be able to be carried in a pocket with NO chance of it ever printing, bulging out the pocket unnaturally, or being noticed in any way. It must also, however, be (reasonably) accurate and shootable. I was considering a Ruger LCP but, I owned a similar little .380 once (a S&W baby Sigma) and it HURT to shoot. Any suggestions?
Beretta bobcat or tomcat. A derringer, or an naa mini revolver.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:09 AM   #43
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10542 Times on 4552 Posts
Likes Given: 1691

sort of. If the "wallet" disguises the firearm to the point that you cannot SEE the firearm, that is considered an AOW, which IS a Class III (NFA) firearm. New wallet holsters leave enough showing to see the gun. Older ones wrapped all the way over, fired by sliding finger into hole on one side.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #44
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I share a similar problem and need deep concealment. I have three different pistols I use which are the Colt Mustang Pocketlite 380, Kimber SOLO 9mm and a Sig P938 9mm. I have put at least 500 rounds thru all of them and each have shot flawless. They are not the cheapest mind you but are great little bug guns. A holster I would suggest to look at is called the "Recluse". Google it and see. Good luck!!

HOTTY TODDY!!!!

Old 03-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #45

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I'd go with an LCP or S&W Bodyguard 380 in a pocket holster. I can carry my BG380 in my front pocket in any pants and it never prints. Can't quite say that of my Kahr PM9.
I Second the BG380 I carried mine in my front pocket and if there was a print(very rare) it looked like a smartphone, it's all in what you carry it in. I can't say how recoil is compared to a LCP but I felt it was very manageable.

Last edited by Crazvet; 03-02-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #46
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8979 Times on 4847 Posts
Likes Given: 18983

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B22wLsy YEkTOMDU4MjJlNTktOTRlZi00NTJkLWE0MGMtZmEwNGFlMWE3Z Dlm&hl=en_US
There are some great comparisons on this website.