? re: deep-carry handguns - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > ? re: deep-carry handguns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 114

I too carry an LCP - in a back pocket leather holster - similar to the one pictured earlier in the thread. It goes everywhere. But even with it's small size, I must be careful that the "top" is not noticeable - meaning the pockets are not deep enough or are too loose at the top. I am in close, many-people, social situations often in dress slacks. Some slacks are fine - some you need to be careful with.

I have other choices for carry - been looking for the perfect conceal - like so many others.... - LCR, Smith Airwieght 438 revolver, LC9 - the LCP is the best for conceal. I prefer revolvers for their simplicity and reliability - but not for deep carry.
If the back pocket is not deep enough, you can carry it in the same holster in a front pocket. It just does not print in those holsters.
Kick - Yes - the LCP kicks. But that is range time. Concealed carry self defense would be a short distance point and shoot quickly - two or three shots at the most. Not 40 - 100 shots at the range. "Hurts to shoot" wouldn't matter. You wouldn't even feel it. But if you didn't have a gun - you might feel something else... It's a comforting thing to have a reasonable gun concealed.

As an aside, I got the LC9 as a 9mm alternative. It shoots with a lighter kick than the LCP380! It's the weight difference - though there is not much of a difference. But the LC9 is just large enough and heavy enough that I really don't carry it - the LCP wins the selection every time I go out - as the most concealable.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucznik View Post
I need a handgun for truly deep-carry purposes. This gun needs to be able to be carried in a pocket with NO chance of it ever printing, bulging out the pocket unnaturally, or being noticed in any way. It must also, however, be (reasonably) accurate and shootable. I was considering a Ruger LCP but, I owned a similar little .380 once (a S&W baby Sigma) and it HURT to shoot. Any suggestions?
Deep carry? NAA .22 mag on a neck chain.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #33

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

I have carried a P3AT for years in my Guru Dave holster. It does not print and looks like a billfold in your hip pocket. Since buying and carrying a Sig P238 I am using a new version of this holster with a fake zipper. If you want to be comfortable shooting a small pistol you should try a Sig P238 before you buy anything else. Shoot one beside a LCP or a KelTec and see what I am talking about

image-4008869474.jpg   image-4250460969.jpg   image-1988691664.jpg  

Last edited by zeke4351; 02-27-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke4351 View Post
I have carried a P3AT for years in my Guru Dave holster. It does not print and looks like a billfold in your hip pocket. Since buying and carrying a Sig P238 I am using a new version of this holster with a fake zipper. If you want to be comfortable shooting a small pistol you should try a Sig P238 before you buy anything else. Shoot one beside a LCP or a KelTec and see what I am talking about
I'm not sure I like the idea of sitting on my gun...

Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #35

Correct me if I'm wrong but......isn't it now illegal to carry a pocket pistol in one of the "shoot through" wallet holsters? Pretty sure I read an amended law saying the gun cannot be able to fire in the holster and that I must be drawn out. I also believe its illegal to carry a pen gun and/or cane gun.

I personally think the LCP is the best bang for your buck in pocket .380's....wife loves hers, as do I. probably the highest quality is the seacamp .380 or .32.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #36

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Don't get much deeper than this.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #37
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2271 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
This is what my dad carries his LCP in every day. He had it for three months before I ever knew he was carrying the gun. Just looked like a wallet in his pocket. You can also fire the gun without removing it. He has carried in both front and rear pockets.

Attachment 86838
Those open trigger holsters just don't make sense to me. The #1 job of a pocket holster is to protect the trigger.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 02-28-2013, 01:37 AM   #38

Liked 23 Times on 15 Posts

Didn't think anyone mentioned the derringer. Only 2 shots but small and concealable, and in any caliber.. New barrels are less than 200$ and swap out in seconds. I believe it comes in 22 different calibers

Old 02-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #39

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post

Those open trigger holsters just don't make sense to me. The #1 job of a pocket holster is to protect the trigger.
The trigger is well protected. Like I said my dad has been carrying this rig for well over a year with no issues what so ever. Besides the LCP has such a long trigger pull that it would take something really crazy to happen for an accidental discharge.

"Just because I ain't sayin' it, don't mean I ain't thinking it"

Old 02-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #40

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile
Just looked like a wallet in his pocket. You can also fire the gun without removing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefarmboy21
Correct me if I'm wrong but......isn't it now illegal to carry a pocket pistol in one of the "shoot through" wallet holsters?
Not quite illegal but a gun that can be fired from a wallet (as opposed to a wallet holster where the gun must be drawn to fire) are NFA firearms and require special tax stamps like SBR or sawed off shotguns.