? re: deep-carry handguns - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > ? re: deep-carry handguns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall
In some states it is illegal to "print". He also maybe worried about his job. Do you need to know his reason for everything? A LCP seems the best answer. You don't have to shoot it everyday. Or one of those tiny 22 revolvers in a pocket holster.
I ask 2 questions and now I need to know everything.

I asked why he is worried about printing. I was going to explain after he commented back. That in some states you do not have to worry about printing. If he was in a state ware it is illegal then that's another story.

Most people who are new to carrying are worried about printing. If he lived in say Alabama it's a none issue.

Just trying to find out more about the OP's situation before I give a answer.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucznik View Post
I'm legal to carry and have no delusions of grandeur. I have also been carrying for about 15 years so, I'm no newbie; but, not under the same conditions as I now find myself. "Normal" carry options have proven to be less than acceptable so; I'm looking for other options. I simply, for employment and... "political sensitivity" reasons, cannot afford any chance of my daily carry gun being discovered.

Work dress code is not casual enough to allow for a fanny pack or "murse." Sorry, I should have mentioned that from the beginning.

I have a S&W Shield but, small as it is, it is still too big for all-the-time carry. Thus, any gun of similar (or greater) size is automatically out. I do keep a larger gun in my car but, I need to find an option that affords me the chance to fight my way to it, if needed.

MMMmmm...yeah you're in a tough spot. I'd still say the LCP is still going to be the most reliable, slimmest and most powerful compromise. I hate to say it but you might have to gain 30 pounds.

I know guys that can hide a full size 1911 wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

They do have this holster at the NRA store. never tried one but it kind of looks promising.
22678lg.jpg  

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #13

I carry the Ruger LCP daily. I use an Uncle George Wallet Holster and it can be used for rear or front pocket carry. It just looks like a large wallet in my back pocket.

As far as the LCP "hurting" to shoot I would recommend the Hogue Handall Hybrid. It slips over and is secured by using a longer included pin.

It really helps with the recoil and feel of the gun. I have actually found my LCP fun to shoot with after adding the extra grip. It doesn't stick to the holster I use and I have no problem drawing from the pocket.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #14

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I keep the LCP in the car with a pocket holster. When I make quick trips somewhere and am too lazy to holster my .40, this gun comes in real handy. I don't have any issues with recoil. Very accurate little gun.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:20 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Seecamp 32 is almost invisable. They are kind of expensive for a little mouse gun but shoot accurately. They were also made in .380.

Kimber CDPII Custom Shop 45
S&W M&P 9
Ruger LC9
Ruger LCR 357 Mag.
S&W 686 Stainless 357 Mag.
Dan Wesson 357 mag
Seacamp 32
Browning Buckmark Plus 22
High Standard Duramatic 101
Baretta 950 c 22 short

Old 02-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #16
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2335 Times on 1257 Posts
Likes Given: 842

I'd go with an LCP or S&W Bodyguard 380 in a pocket holster. I can carry my BG380 in my front pocket in any pants and it never prints. Can't quite say that of my Kahr PM9.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 02-20-2013, 01:54 AM   #17

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Proof that any gun can be hidden...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2086834/Now-THATS-concealed-weapon-Inmate-hides-inch-revolver-rectum--unloaded.html

How's that for "deep" concealment?

Old 02-20-2013, 02:43 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 577 Times on 335 Posts
Likes Given: 177

Look at the NAA Pug 22 mag. I have one and really like the little thing. When I can't carry a larger caliber, this little guy is right there with me. Fits perfect into the change pocket of a pair of blue jeans. There's a picture of it in my avatar.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 AM   #19

Liked 2019 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

I also have the NAA mini revolver. Mine has the 22lr and 22mag cylinders. It takes a little practice. But I am dead on with mine at 10 yards or less. They even have a folding grip for it. It can easily be mistake for a large pocket knife. 22mag in your pocket beats 44 mag in your car.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #20

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucznik
I owned a similar little .380 once (a S&W baby Sigma) and it HURT to shoot.
It would be worthwhile to try and find an LCP or other similar guns and try them out. No pocket gun is going to be fun to shoot but you should be able to find one that works for you if you are not totally recoil adverse.