? re: deep-carry handguns
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > ? re: deep-carry handguns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts

Default ? re: deep-carry handguns

I need a handgun for truly deep-carry purposes. This gun needs to be able to be carried in a pocket with NO chance of it ever printing, bulging out the pocket unnaturally, or being noticed in any way. It must also, however, be (reasonably) accurate and shootable. I was considering a Ruger LCP but, I owned a similar little .380 once (a S&W baby Sigma) and it HURT to shoot. Any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2013, 05:08 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8519 Times on 4930 Posts
Likes Given: 11063

What is the point if you can't access it quickly? Why not just go for a pocket holster that hides the outline? Or maybe a fanny pack or a "murse"?? That way you can use whatever you have been carrying, just make it less noticeable.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Cattledog Likes This 
Old 02-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Anything that small in a caliber higher than .25 is going to have a bite to it. Best thing you can do is call around to local ranges and see if they have small handguns to rent. That said, the Ruger lcp or lc9 would be good options. I've carried the kel tec pf-9 and its accuracy is remarkable for the barrel length and comfortable to shoot, for me. Lots of options, but if your concern is with recoil you need to shoot before you buy.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #4

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucznik
I need a handgun for truly deep-carry purposes. This gun needs to be able to be carried in a pocket with NO chance of it ever printing, bulging out the pocket unnaturally, or being noticed in any way. It must also, however, be (reasonably) accurate and shootable. I was considering a Ruger LCP but, I owned a similar little .380 once (a S&W baby Sigma) and it HURT to shoot. Any suggestions?
What is the big deal about printing? Are you new to carrying?

Old 02-19-2013, 05:32 AM   #5

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15

What is the big deal about printing? Are you new to carrying?
Or illegally??

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #6

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Want to infiltrate a Mexican cartell?

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #7

Liked 743 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 232

In some states it is illegal to "print". He also maybe worried about his job. Do you need to know his reason for everything? A LCP seems the best answer. You don't have to shoot it everyday. Or one of those tiny 22 revolvers in a pocket holster.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

verbete4 Likes This 
Old 02-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

there are custom holster makers that make pocket holsters just for the lcp that totally hides the outline for no-print states

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #9

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts

I'm legal to carry and have no delusions of grandeur. I have also been carrying for about 15 years so, I'm no newbie; but, not under the same conditions as I now find myself. "Normal" carry options have proven to be less than acceptable so; I'm looking for other options. I simply, for employment and... "political sensitivity" reasons, cannot afford any chance of my daily carry gun being discovered.

Work dress code is not casual enough to allow for a fanny pack or "murse." Sorry, I should have mentioned that from the beginning.

I have a S&W Shield but, small as it is, it is still too big for all-the-time carry. Thus, any gun of similar (or greater) size is automatically out. I do keep a larger gun in my car but, I need to find an option that affords me the chance to fight my way to it, if needed.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #10

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I am not a particularly large person, but I can carry a full size 1911 under my arm using a "belly band" under my shirt. The disadvanage is that it's slow to reach.