Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   ? re: deep-carry handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/re-deep-carry-handguns-84582/)

lucznik 02-19-2013 05:02 AM

? re: deep-carry handguns

I need a handgun for truly deep-carry purposes. This gun needs to be able to be carried in a pocket with NO chance of it ever printing, bulging out the pocket unnaturally, or being noticed in any way. It must also, however, be (reasonably) accurate and shootable. I was considering a Ruger LCP but, I owned a similar little .380 once (a S&W baby Sigma) and it HURT to shoot. Any suggestions?

Vikingdad 02-19-2013 05:08 AM

What is the point if you can't access it quickly? Why not just go for a pocket holster that hides the outline? Or maybe a fanny pack or a "murse"?? That way you can use whatever you have been carrying, just make it less noticeable.

Cattledog 02-19-2013 05:12 AM

Anything that small in a caliber higher than .25 is going to have a bite to it. Best thing you can do is call around to local ranges and see if they have small handguns to rent. That said, the Ruger lcp or lc9 would be good options. I've carried the kel tec pf-9 and its accuracy is remarkable for the barrel length and comfortable to shoot, for me. Lots of options, but if your concern is with recoil you need to shoot before you buy.

lbwar15 02-19-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucznik
I need a handgun for truly deep-carry purposes. This gun needs to be able to be carried in a pocket with NO chance of it ever printing, bulging out the pocket unnaturally, or being noticed in any way. It must also, however, be (reasonably) accurate and shootable. I was considering a Ruger LCP but, I owned a similar little .380 once (a S&W baby Sigma) and it HURT to shoot. Any suggestions?

What is the big deal about printing? Are you new to carrying?

kytowboater 02-19-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbwar15

What is the big deal about printing? Are you new to carrying?

Or illegally??

HOSSFLY 02-19-2013 11:17 AM

Want to infiltrate a Mexican cartell? :confused:

hiwall 02-19-2013 01:51 PM

In some states it is illegal to "print". He also maybe worried about his job. Do you need to know his reason for everything? A LCP seems the best answer. You don't have to shoot it everyday. Or one of those tiny 22 revolvers in a pocket holster.

JonM 02-19-2013 01:57 PM

there are custom holster makers that make pocket holsters just for the lcp that totally hides the outline for no-print states

lucznik 02-19-2013 02:04 PM

I'm legal to carry and have no delusions of grandeur. I have also been carrying for about 15 years so, I'm no newbie; but, not under the same conditions as I now find myself. "Normal" carry options have proven to be less than acceptable so; I'm looking for other options. I simply, for employment and... "political sensitivity" reasons, cannot afford any chance of my daily carry gun being discovered.

Work dress code is not casual enough to allow for a fanny pack or "murse." Sorry, I should have mentioned that from the beginning.

I have a S&W Shield but, small as it is, it is still too big for all-the-time carry. Thus, any gun of similar (or greater) size is automatically out. I do keep a larger gun in my car but, I need to find an option that affords me the chance to fight my way to it, if needed.

txpossum 02-19-2013 02:47 PM

I am not a particularly large person, but I can carry a full size 1911 under my arm using a "belly band" under my shirt. The disadvanage is that it's slow to reach.