Rain, lawn sprinklers, kids with water pistols... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Rain, lawn sprinklers, kids with water pistols...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #11
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1932 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I like the title here, Balota. If you're caught getting wet from a lawn sprinkler I know it's not your lawn getting watered. ROFL

Just for the record, everyone. Balota is a lawn hater and a lawn killer. But the problem is........

Lawn-2
Balota-0
That's cause you've only been keeping score for a couple seasons... Lived here since '83, lawn 20 - balota 0.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 11-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #12

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

A few years ago on the day I had to qualify at an out door range with my Glock it rained. it was soaked for a about an hour and a half. I wiped it down as soon as I could and then cleaned it thoroughly as soon as I got home. No issues!

Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7097 Times on 4272 Posts
Likes Given: 8606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
That's cause you've only been keeping score for a couple seasons... Lived here since '83, lawn 20 - balota 0.
ROFL...............is there anywhere that you can just rent a back hoe?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
You are carrying (open or concealed) and get caught in wet weather of some kind. You and your gun get a little wet. Besides the obvious (dry off ASAP) what should be done to handle this situation? How long after exposure do you need to break the gun down and clean/relube thoroughly? What special details do you need to consider while the gun is wet? Shooting in the rain? Is there any impact on leather parts of a holster?
If you're taking care of the gun in the first place there is no need to panic. Clean and oil it at your first opportunity.

It's the leather I am more concerned about. I wouldn't use it until it is completely dry. Damp leather is more likely to expand and contract with temperature changes than dry leather is. I've also seen holsters get green and fuzzy if they are allowed to stay damp.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #15

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
If you're taking care of the gun in the first place there is no need to panic. Clean and oil it at your first opportunity.

It's the leather I am more concerned about. I wouldn't use it until it is completely dry. Damp leather is more likely to expand and contract with temperature changes than dry leather is. I've also seen holsters get green and fuzzy if they are allowed to stay damp.
I like the way green moss grows on any brass rivets or snaps 'n such

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET