the racine county sheriff deputy and me - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > the racine county sheriff deputy and me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

It's actually comforting to me when I make a traffic stop and someone hands me their CCP with their DL. When that happens I do t even ask about their weapons.

Statistically speaking, if someone wants to shoot me during a traffic stop it'll be BEFORE they identify as a CCW Holder and before they could begin to put me "on edge".

Old 04-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #12

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I live in a Constitutional carry state. An LEO can not ask if you are armed during a traffic stop. The citizens does not have to declare. The Free States in America are very unique in regards to liberty.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #13

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Not required to declare in FL either, but I do it out of courtesy. I hand my CWP on top of my DL when I rarely get pulled. Cops have enough BS to worry about, why not just be up front if you're a LAC. Glad to hear you didn't get hassled by one of the few bad ones Jon.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #14

It's always nice to have a pleasant encounter with law officers

Old 04-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #15

Liked 2005 Times on 1105 Posts
Likes Given: 1341

In Colorado we are not required to inform either. But a good friend of mine is a Sheriffs Deputy. He told me that he wishes people would tell him. He finds out anyway when he runs their license. Then he just wonders why they didnt say anything. Then he feels a little uneasy. Cops have enough to be uneasy about without us making it worse. I always inform when pulled over or when they are helping me. My wife and I have both been in accidents and needed help. I sat in the front of a police car to keep warm while waiting for a tow truck. No way I am getting in a police car without telling them.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5984 Times on 3131 Posts
Likes Given: 426

We arent requiredto declare our carry status here in wisconsin unless the officer asks. I just give mine over to get that out of the way in case they spot my gun bump or see a spare mag i forgot about or if something gun related slid into plain sight.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-24-2013, 03:40 AM   #17

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

In the class I took for CCW the instructor touched on different scenarios regarding show or not show the CCW permit. He has a lot of friends on the local police force(s) and tghey alway consider it a plus when they get told up front. Then tend to appreciate being told up front rathern then finding out when running the license. He told a few stories regarding that situation, but the best, and the funniest was of a new CCW holder. When pulled over and the officer was approaching the car, he held his pistol out the window(not threatening) and yelled "I've got a gun". 3 squads and 6 officers later, and a couple of hours, it was all settled...a huge mis-understanding and a waste of time. He thought he had to tell the police he was armed and did it the most stupid way he could muster.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:04 AM   #18

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

in va when they run you plate the dmv tells them your a ccw holder last 2 stops dwi check points they dident even ask
and at a truck saftey inspection the state troope just wanted to check out my keltec because he was thinking about getting one him self he was to bizzey checking out my gun to even look at my truck. but i live in the sticks dont think it would be the same in the city

Old 04-24-2013, 04:21 AM   #19

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

In the Constitutional carry states they can not check you out. There are no records on citizens who own or carry firearms.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:24 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5984 Times on 3131 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
In the Constitutional carry states they can not check you out. There are no records on citizens who own or carry firearms.
The police in wisconsin dont know who has em and who doesnt other than by asking. If they ask the law we have says you have to hand over your ccw card.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...