Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Question about open carry (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/question-about-open-carry-38512/)

cddbrowns 02-15-2011 05:04 PM

Question about open carry

Sorry if this has already been talked about in here, walking out the door and was curious. So before I forget, what is the "law" on open carry? I live in VA and I have heard that you can, then you cant, then you can, then you cant. Would like to know a little more about the open carry and what it means. I am going to get my CCW soon, but would be nice to carry openly till then. In a holster where it can be seen? Is that open carry, or what would be considered open carry?

NGIB 02-15-2011 05:06 PM

OC is just like it sounds - holstered gun on display for all to see...

JonM 02-15-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddbrowns (Post 446047)
Sorry if this has already been talked about in here, walking out the door and was curious. So before I forget, what is the "law" on open carry? I live in VA and I have heard that you can, then you cant, then you can, then you cant. Would like to know a little more about the open carry and what it means. I am going to get my CCW soon, but would be nice to carry openly till then. In a holster where it can be seen? Is that open carry, or what would be considered open carry?

contact your district attourney's office. you pay their salaries via taxes they should be able to answer that question for you or point you where to look for official rules. they are also the ones that will prosecute you if your doing it wrong based off what you read in a forum on the interweb...

Neophyte1 02-15-2011 06:09 PM

Open Carry

for additional information; Open Carry . org

OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! ...

even with this information; follow "JonM" advice

utf59 02-15-2011 06:42 PM

You might start here. Google is your friend.

cddbrowns 02-15-2011 07:55 PM

Thanks for the info.

And what is google?

camiller 02-15-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddbrowns (Post 446159)
Thanks for the info.

And what is google?

seriously :confused: Google

cddbrowns 02-15-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camiller (Post 446256)
seriously :confused: Google

Dude, I was kidding to the smarty mc smart pants answer.......

therewolf 02-15-2011 10:24 PM

Fast answer: YES, you CAN open carry in many states.

Sheeple will get a little hysterical, occasionally, when they see this.

When they call the cops,

you'll get harassed, and probably not during a time particularly convenient,

or favorable to your

choosing.

Kooter 02-16-2011 05:38 PM

To me, open carry says "Shoot me first" if I were in a situation where I might need to draw and use my firearm.

Its hard to think like a BG but if I were, that's what I would do.