Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > question about concealed carry and your spouse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My Wife and I also took our CPL class together back in Nov and now just waiting. My issue with her is that I have been asking her to find out if she can carry at work and she seems LAZY to find the answer. That bothers me!! The reason we started all of this is because on Tuesdays she leaves work at 8pm or 11pm and the security is your typical don't give a #### don't wanna be here group. At 11 they are gone and don't look back. Wifey works on top floor so at 11 she punches out and makes her way out to the parking lot/structure that is much smaller that the building it hides behind. I basically insisted she gets her CPL and she now wants the LCR 38 sp
And I want the SR9C. We have no issues and to me that is awesome. Just need a GOOD safe. We have boys 16 & 8. Easiest way to convince her was at the range and I told her how fun it was and a great stress reliever because she deals with a ton of trash calling her every name in the book at work. One trip to the range and she was hooked.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:28 AM   #52

Liked 279 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That may have to be something you can find out. Ask her if she still has her employee handbook and see if there is anything stating that there is a no weapons policy. Or you could email her company and tell them your looking for employment and you have a question about their firearms policy. Something to think about.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 397 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 127

My wife won't carry, but she told me a couple of weeks ago that she felt safer with me while I was carrying...of course, I'm always carrying.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1563 Times on 932 Posts
Likes Given: 778

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
So I got into firearms after I got married. My wife likes shooting but she won't carry. We had a night out last night and went to dinner and saw a movie. I had my lc9 in my front pocket in a pocket holster the whole time. She didn't know about it until the movie theater. She told me she wishes I wouldn't carry it. Ive tried explaining why but she doesn't agree I guess. What is everyone elses experience with this?
Tell her you are a responsible person who cares about your safety and the safety of others that is why you insist on carrying a gun.
DON'T let her emotion and misinformation place you and others in jeopardy!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 01-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1139 Times on 558 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Ive tried explaining why but she doesn't agree I guess. What is everyone elses experience with this?
I guess I would point out the Aurora movie theatre. No one carried and people died. With your carry you increase the odds that you and she can get out of a mess like that, and perhaps stop it. Since Aurora my wife seldom mentions me carrying, except to reassure herself that I am.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!