Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Pulled over for speeding while carrying in FL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Pulled over for speeding while carrying in FL

Just have to say I had a very nice experience with FL trooper this morning ! Moved here few months ago never been pulled over I woke up to a massive flu! Feeling like crap but can't afford to miss a day of pay so woke up little early and decided I would go in alittle early and take a nap in the car at work sense it's a 68 mile drive to work Got into my car at 330am and headed out . Feeling like crap and thinking to myself maybe I should stay home ,I get the lights flashing behind me !!i look down and I am going 80!! (10mph over) I pull over and get out my liscense ,reg , insurance and I know I didn't have to but I did CCW PERMIT HE comes to the car and says Hello Sir how r you this morning "as I hand him my info . I give him my info and say well could be better I am very sick and trying to make it to work. HE looks at my info and says "I see you have a CCW are you carrying now? I said "Yes Sir I am carrying now" Trooper : what are you carrying Me : A Glock Trooper : what cal. ? 9mm .40? Me: No Sir G29 10mm Trooper : well I guess that will put the bad guy on his ass!! ME: Yes Sir I hope He tells me to hold on a min then comes back and tells me that he really Appreciates me telling him upfront that I was carrying and that he was gonna just give me a verbal warning on speeding.. NO TICKET!! Not so sure how the stop would of went if I didn't tell him up front I was carrying and he found out when he radio me in ? I Was very surprised on the reply when I told him 10mm ! Lol. I was waiting for a why do you need such a Big cal. For ? We don't even carry those? Very happy over here!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverr1 View Post
Just have to say I had a very nice experience with FL trooper this morning ! Moved here few months ago never been pulled over I woke up to a massive flu! Feeling like crap but can't afford to miss a day of pay so woke up little early and decided I would go in alittle early and take a nap in the car at work sense it's a 68 mile drive to work Got into my car at 330am and headed out . Feeling like crap and thinking to myself maybe I should stay home ,I get the lights flashing behind me !!i look down and I am going 80!! (10mph over) I pull over and get out my liscense ,reg , insurance and I know I didn't have to but I did CCW PERMIT HE comes to the car and says Hello Sir how r you this morning "as I hand him my info . I give him my info and say well could be better I am very sick and trying to make it to work. HE looks at my info and says "I see you have a CCW are you carrying now? I said "Yes Sir I am carrying now" Trooper : what are you carrying Me : A Glock Trooper : what cal. ? 9mm .40? Me: No Sir G29 10mm Trooper : well I guess that will put the bad guy on his ass!! ME: Yes Sir I hope He tells me to hold on a min then comes back and tells me that he really Appreciates me telling him upfront that I was carrying and that he was gonna just give me a verbal warning on speeding.. NO TICKET!! Not so sure how the stop would of went if I didn't tell him up front I was carrying and he found out when he radio me in ? I Was very surprised on the reply when I told him 10mm ! Lol. I was waiting for a why do you need such a Big cal. For ? We don't even carry those? Very happy over here!!
Well, it's not mandatory for you to inform him in FL unless he asks. But you handled it right. And lucky you to have not gotten a ticket. doesn't that just
beat everything.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6744 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Very good to hear.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #4

Liked 26 Times on 12 Posts

Glad to hear there are states that still cherish the 2 nd amendment...wish I didn't live in ny

Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #5

Liked 279 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Good for you. Ive only been pulled over once while carrying in my home state of Michigan. I was on my motorcycle heading to my local gun store to look at a new carry weapon, and in Michigan your required to inform. I told him he asked what I was carrying and we talked about firearms for a little bit and off I went. Im glad you had a good experience with being stopped.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

He was probably bored at that time in the morning. Needed someone to talk to and said, "I bet that guy has a gun. I'ma go stop him and see." Then he got his needed citizen contact for the evening, bid you adieu and went back to listening to some crappy radio station waiting for shift change. LOL

I remember years and years ago, me and dad were headed to SC to go hunting and had a car full of rifles. He got pulled over and the conversation turned into where yall headed? He said hunting. So he asks, what you got with you. There's like 5 rifles in the back of various calibers. He says what do you need all that for. Dad say, well, whichever one decides to shoot the straightest when I check scope alignments, will be the one I take in the stand....and he (referring to me) gets the smallest one of the lot. (I was like 12) Dude laughs, says good call and sends us on our way without a ticket. There are a few LEO's out there that maintain at least some semblance of a sense of humor. Of course, back then SC was a lot like TX....just about everyone had a gun.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

It kinda makes you wish you could have donuts delivered like flower bouquets, no?

delivey guy: "ya, i gots a dozen jelly-filled for an Officer Jones"

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
It kinda makes you wish you could have donuts delivered like flower bouquets, no?

delivey guy: "ya, i gots a dozen jelly-filled for an Officer Jones"
Then the next morning at 3:30am you get pulled over again. "Are you profiling me as a donut happy cop sir? I appreciate the offer, however I'm a diabetic and those would kill me."

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverr1 View Post
It's all about respect. You showed him you cared enough to do things legally, and you showed him you were in full disclosure mode. He showed you his thanks for your attitude.

Of course he could have been keeping your sick a$$ from handling his citation pad.(grin)

Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #10
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 874 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 223

Congrats on no ticket.

Megs doses of Vitamin C, lots of pure water, and sleep.

Never shake hands with people, I wave at them when they reach for my hand, and I tell them I am a waver. I also do not hang around anyone with a cough. Not been sick in 30 years.