Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Pulled my gun today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #21
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1355 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
A hit with a .22 is better than miss with a .45.

There it is.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

And your 380 should hide very will regarding carry. When I carry with light clothing it can be carried in a pocket or I carry mine in a De Santis Ankle Holster (Black Nylon) most of the time. But the important point is "I have it on" at all times should I need it! Other than *Federal Buildings, Signs or Not! But it is well concealed! I never show it or talk about it when I am out! I am sure you do not need any explanation at this time about that! Glad you are OK, since it could have been a horrific experience!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 03-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #23
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 908 Times on 599 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Like I said, you saw no one, nothing is gone, moved, disturbed, nothing, only a sound and a curtain move. You saw the neighbors house cat take off. He most likely came over to clean up something that smelled good in your kitchen sink.

Set up a video camera, and he will be back. Post the video here so we can see it.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:09 AM   #24
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6581 Times on 3598 Posts
Likes Given: 12905

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
Like I said, you saw no one, nothing is gone, moved, disturbed, nothing, only a sound and a curtain move. You saw the neighbors house cat take off. He most likely came over to clean up something that smelled good in your kitchen sink.

Set up a video camera, and he will be back. Post the video here so we can see it.
No, man. They broke his glass door.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 03-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 860 Times on 413 Posts
Likes Given: 80

All is well that ends well, Good job!

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

Old 03-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #26
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6953 Times on 4184 Posts
Likes Given: 8362

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Don't underestimate a lacrosse sick!
Or a Lacrosse player. It's a tough sport and the players are tough, too. Lacrosse is not for 'sissies'.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:22 AM   #27

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Many years ago my wife and I experienced an attempted car jacking. It occurred not on a city street but on an isolated desert highway 100 miles from the nearest city.
There was a light snow falling and very dark around midnight. We were driving thru the night to Montana. There in my headlights was a U-haul moving truck blocking the highway parked at an angle.
My first response was pass my Colt Commander to my left hand. As I slowed to stop a man appeared from behind the truck in my headlights. He started walking toward the driver side door. I told him to stop do not come any closer. He was speaking in Spanish about a break down. He wanted a ride.
By this time the Colt was in my right hand. That is when I heard someone behind me attempting to open the rear right car door. I turned very fast running at an ultra-high adrenalin level.
I yelled at the shadow in the rear window, down you SOB!! The Colt was ready to fire locks off a "Flying Ash Tray" in the chamber. The shadow ran to the truck. This is all moving at warp speed. The first felon was moving toward my left door. I thrust the Colt out the window fully prepared to shoot. He raised his arms and screamed he was not armed and ran behind the truck.
The scene was clear but I had to get around the truck. I did not know if we were going to be ambushed from the cover of the truck. I put my wife down on the floor and punched the Big V-8 into the desert and clearing the truck back on the highway and gone.
This was before good cell phones. When I finally contacted the Highway Patrol they were looking for these guys. They were armed and very dangerous illegals.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #28

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver35 View Post
Good job, and I'm glad that you didn't have to fire a shot. One question though, why ever leave your home unarmed?
Not all of us can carry all the time. I spend more time at work than not and we can not carry at work. With that said, I have had my cc for almost two years and am only now starting to carry every chance. It helped a lot to move my carry gun from the safe to a lock box in my room. With that said, I carry every chance I get, as long we are not going somewhere that I can not. I didn't notice how much time I spent in gun free zones like schools until I started working on my permit.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1806 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 2034

Default route 666..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Many years ago my wife and I experienced an attempted car jacking. It occurred not on a city street but on an isolated desert highway 100 miles from the nearest city.
There was a light snow falling and very dark around midnight. We were driving thru the night to Montana. There in my headlights was a U-haul moving truck blocking the highway parked at an angle.
My first response was pass my Colt Commander to my left hand. As I slowed to stop a man appeared from behind the truck in my headlights. He started walking toward the driver side door. I told him to stop do not come any closer. He was speaking in Spanish about a break down. He wanted a ride.
By this time the Colt was in my right hand. That is when I heard someone behind me attempting to open the rear right car door. I turned very fast running at an ultra-high adrenalin level.
I yelled at the shadow in the rear window, down you SOB!! The Colt was ready to fire locks off a "Flying Ash Tray" in the chamber. The shadow ran to the truck. This is all moving at warp speed. The first felon was moving toward my left door. I thrust the Colt out the window fully prepared to shoot. He raised his arms and screamed he was not armed and ran behind the truck.
The scene was clear but I had to get around the truck. I did not know if we were going to be ambushed from the cover of the truck. I put my wife down on the floor and punched the Big V-8 into the desert and clearing the truck back on the highway and gone.
This was before good cell phones. When I finally contacted the Highway Patrol they were looking for these guys. They were armed and very dangerous illegals.
Out in the middle of nowhere, and you let them go.........ummm can I ride shot gun next time.....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 03-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #30

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

LOL on some of those responses. I wasn't trying to flame. I just assumed (and you know how that goes) You had multiple options.. If that's what you got, that's what you got . Still would recommend staying outside though.

In god we trust, all others we monitor...