Pulled my gun today
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Pulled my gun today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 20 Posts

Default Pulled my gun today

I came home tonight and just as i opened my front door i heard a loud crash and saw the blinds in front of my sliding glass door move. I used my lacrosse stick to flip the lights on and protection as i made my way to my room (i didn't have my CCW on me today) and grabbed my .380, cleared my house then went around the back to see if anyone was around. Found no one but was grateful that everything in learned kicked in and instinct took over. Grabbed my weapon, flipped the safety off, two hands with a firm grip, etc...everything i learned and practiced like section nature. One thing tonight taught me tho was that i got my CHL for a reason. Not to carry occasionally...but to carry. If i had been ten seconds later they would have been in my apartment and i may not have been able to get to my weapon and would only have had my lacrosse stick to defend myself.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3112 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

Lesson learned!
I'm glad things worked out for the better.
Now look at security (a broom stick for the sliding door track).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 03-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3177 Times on 1831 Posts
Likes Given: 2037

Don't forget to call the police! Not that they would have been able to save your bacon, but they can add your break-in to any possible ongoing investigation. The info. gleaned from your situation may be able to help others and it may increase patrols in your neck of the woods.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #4

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
Lesson learned!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust
Don't forget to call the police! Not that they would have been able to save your bacon, but they can add your break-in to any possible ongoing investigation. The info. gleaned from your situation may be able to help others and it may increase patrols in your neck of the woods.
Two very good tidbits of advice

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

levelcross Likes This 
Old 03-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #5

Liked 382 Times on 235 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Good job, and I'm glad that you didn't have to fire a shot. One question though, why ever leave your home unarmed?

01100011011011110110110101100101001000000110000101 10111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110 01010010000001110100011010000110010101101101

Old 03-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1108 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 242

I bet you frightened the furballs right out of the neighbors house cat!

Old 03-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Lesson learned!
Its a sliding glass door, they broke through it

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
Called em, brought a K9 unit out, didn't give me any other similar incidents in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver35 View Post
Good job, and I'm glad that you didn't have to fire a shot. One question though, why ever leave your home unarmed?
I'm glad i didn't as well. To secure around me so i knew i was safe. Also, not going to lie, to see if the BG was still around so i could give the cops more than a pile of broken glass.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #8

Liked 117 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Scary stuff. Not trying to second guess you but if I'm outside and I think there might be a bad guy inside, I'm staying outside until I know for sure. There is nothing inside my house worth getting into a gun fight over.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #9

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

For something like this to happen to you it seems that everything turned out somewhat alright. Glad that you are OK.

As for occasional carry I really don't get that mentality. Last night we went out to eat as a family with my in-laws and daughter and son in law, my wife and myself. We had 5 armed people at the table and my mother in law is one who will never carry as she will tell you that she does not need to carry a gun, just look out for her .410 at home.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxpress View Post
Scary stuff. Not trying to second guess you but if I'm outside and I think there might be a bad guy inside, I'm staying outside until I know for sure. There is nothing inside my house worth getting into a gun fight over.
I was already halfway I'm my house and fight our flight took over and i choose fight apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross View Post
For something like this to happen to you it seems that everything turned out somewhat alright. Glad that you are OK.

As for occasional carry I really don't get that mentality. Last night we went out to eat as a family with my in-laws and daughter and son in law, my wife and myself. We had 5 armed people at the table and my mother in law is one who will never carry as she will tell you that she does not need to carry a gun, just look out for her .410 at home.
Thank you. Yeah by the grace of God it turned out well. As for carrying...i honestly thought i lived in a pretty sage community in a pretty safe town. Its Eugene after all...half the population is stoned 99% of the time! But i learned my lesson. Very grateful to learn it that way instead of the alternative