Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Proud of the wife (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/proud-wife-47649/)

peybella 09-02-2011 03:01 AM

Proud of the wife

Probably doesn't warrant a separate thread but I have to give kudos to the wife. She has been thinking of getting her concealed carry license and finally took the plunge. We took a trip to Panama City last weekend so that the wife could relax and concentrate on learning properly, gaining confidence in her self, and ultimately choosing her gun of choice. To get her started I purchased a Walther P22 for her. I was hoping she would finally decide on a larger caliber pistol and she didn't disappoint. She started with the P22, moved up to the .380 and then the instructor did something totally unexpected. He handed her a Glock 45 and had her fire four magazine's. It was obvious that this caliber was a bit much but I stood back, wondering what the instructor had in mind. Then, he handed her a Glock 9mm. She lined up on the target and ripped the center apart. After the first magazine the instructor had her do fast magazine drop and load drills. While counting over her shoulder aloud, again she ripped the center target apart. After firing three sets of drills he walked her to the target, pointed to her marks and said "you just found out what gun you should be using".
She did great and I think I've just lost my 9mm Taurus. We had a great time and it was a true pleasure watching my wife come out of her shooting shell. She gets her certificate this week.

Glasshartt 09-02-2011 03:20 AM

Way to go!

towboater 09-02-2011 03:21 AM

GREAT!! I'd be proud too!!

CA357 09-02-2011 03:32 AM

Excellent!

That's also an interesting evaluation technique.

WDbeej 09-02-2011 03:35 AM

Very nice, congrats to her

peybella 09-02-2011 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357
Excellent!

That's also an interesting evaluation technique.

I thought so as well. During the class room session, I noticed him taking notes on how she held each pistol frame. I think he knew pretty much where to go with her before they even entered the range. Very methodical and pretty impressive. My training is military so it was interesting for me to watch how he worked with a new shooter.

csaw44 09-02-2011 04:27 AM

Good job by the instructor and your wife. And you for getting her to the class. Congrats

Thicker 09-12-2011 08:35 PM

Be very proud of her.......My wife completed the ccw class along with me......She continues to surprise me with her markmanship.....:;)

winds-of-change 09-13-2011 12:38 PM

Absolutely, this warrants it's own thread.

As one woman to another.....I congratulate her and I'm proud of her. I think all women, married or not, need to take responsibility for themselves and your wife has done exactly that.

levelcross 09-13-2011 02:58 PM

Congratulations to both your wife and yourself, the instructor sounds like a wise choice for the training and selection of a weapon. My wife started out with the smaller calibers also and now has a yearning to play with a .45, which a couple of months ago was not an option.

Hope will never be part of my emergency plan.