Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Proud New Holder (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/proud-new-holder-70165/)

Rugers9 08-12-2012 05:48 PM

Proud New Holder

I am now a proud New CCW holder, Arizona turn around times is Fantastic coming in, in less then 2 months.

vincent 08-12-2012 05:50 PM

Congrats!!!

Use your power wisely young Jedi...;)

michigan0626 08-12-2012 10:29 PM

Isnt Arizona a "Constitutional Carry" state? No permits needed at all to carry openly or concealed. Is there anything that makes it better or more worth while to get the permit even though you dont need one?

USMC-03 08-12-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michigan0626
Isnt Arizona a "Constitutional Carry" state? No permits needed at all to carry openly or concealed. Is there anything that makes it better or more worth while to get the permit even though you dont need one?

Maybe being able to carry in other states that honor the AZ permit?

firedawg60 08-12-2012 11:07 PM

Congrats!!

Rugers9 08-12-2012 11:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My means of getting one was for traveling.

Attachment 54314

Flatman6 08-12-2012 11:46 PM

Being able to carry in other states that honor az permits is an advantage. Plus, once you have your permit you can purchase a firearm without paperwork or waiting for a background check. It also may offer some additional protection if you actually use your firearm in a self defense situation.

michigan0626 08-13-2012 12:59 AM

Didnt think about that. Being able to carry under LEOSA I dont think about what state I travel into. Not that I travel much anyways.

Phelenwolf 08-25-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michigan0626 (Post 901714)

Congrates on getting your permit.

Yes, Arizona is a "Constitutional Carry" state. With open or concealed carry allowed. There are many reasons to get a CCW here in Az, now mind you I love the fact that you no longer need a permit to CCW but there are pro's and con's to having a permit and not having one.

Pro's:
You can carry in a resturant that servers alcohol
Purchase a weapon without all the hassel of calling DPS
Carry out of state in states that reconizes Az permits.

Con's
Can not carry in a resturant that servers alcohol
Have to call DPS to fill out paperwork for purchases
Can not carry out of state

But to each his own, thank GOD I live here in Az where I am allowed the freedoms to carry what I want and where I want, as long as I follow the rules.

aworldexport 08-28-2012 04:32 AM

Congrats on getting your CCW.Here in Missouri it took me one week after submitting the paper work.We do accept AZ CCW's here so visit anytime your always welcome. God bless..Be safe..