Pros vs cons... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Pros vs cons...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts

I have two semi-auto pistols and both are for carry. I ALWAYS have one in the chamber and safety off. Both these guns have a 10lb trigger pull on the first shot so it is like carrying a revolver and I feel safe. But I DO have a good gun belt and IWB holster to carry them.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #32

Liked 409 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 1169

the zimmerman case is a perfect example why you should carry with one in the chamber,he was on the ground being attacked when he finally pulled his pistol now if there would have not been a round in the chamber would he of had the time or the ability to rack the slide.i for one do not want to find out that i could not rack a slide in time in a life or death situation,or ven a situation i percieve to be life or death.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #33

I got to agree with some of you except I don't think you go far enough.

Personally I carry my S&W M & P with a round in the pipe and the weapon in my hand. Holsters just slow me down.

I also carry 500 rounds of nuclear ammo. Plain old hollow point +p's are for tree huggin' sissies.

When I get attacked by flesh eating zombies, I wanna be ready to rock 'n roll as quick as possible. I will shoot everybody in sight if someone even looks at me funny. What are you lookin' at bub?

Now seriously, you live your life and I will live mine. If I gotta live in a quick draw world like Dodge freakin' City then I am already dead. God bless you who live there.

I gotta go to work, the gas station, the mall etc. There are limits to everything we do. I carry concealed cuz I don't have time for the hassle. I tell the cop I have a permit and am armed for the same reason.

I hope to God I die in my sleep never having to point my gun at another human being.

My personal concern is that when some whackjob goes off his meds and starts working his way towards me, I don't want to go out on my knees saying "please don't hurt me". We all know how that works.

If I am stuck in traffic when word goes out that Zimmerman was acquitted and the riots start, I want to have more in my hand than my cell phone and my shrivelled dick.

I would rather be explaining to the cop " he said he was gonna kill me and I believed him".
But that is just me. Like I said, you live your life...

No disrespect meant to anybody...

Old 07-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #34
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8140 Times on 4699 Posts
Likes Given: 10510

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyS View Post

No disrespect meant to anybody...
I am having a difficult time believing you are being sincere.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #35

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Carry an empty chamber if you wish. I will say if I had carried that way in the past I would probably not be here to comment on the idea. I think we do ourselves a greater service by getting to know our weapons and become comfortable with it enough to carry it loaded fully. There is no substitute for proper training.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

TekGreg Likes This