Pros vs cons... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Pros vs cons...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3257 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308Wins View Post
Of carrying a concealed weapon with one in the chamber?
And what about a safety? What do you think about having a safety at all, not keeping one in the chamber without a safety?
Thanks
Imagine if you will...the humble DA revolver. Multiple chambers, all loaded w/ no safety. Observation of safety rules prevented carnage with them. I see no reason to suspect that it wouldn't continue to be effective with them newfangled plastic beasties. Avoid indiscriminate pulling of the trigger and life will be good.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 07-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #22

I carry a Bond Arms .410/45LC single action always loaded and ready for me to cock.always loaded with a PDX Winchester round

Old 07-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #23
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2884 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Ever try to draw a pistol and rack the slide when you are in a car? I carry with one in the chamber because when I needed it quick it was there.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #24

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg

Americans are waaaaay too lazy to train like even the average Israeli citizen, much less one of their military. Israeli military also train in force-on-force hand-to-hand combat and have dozens of techniques to handle an attacker and buy them the quarter-of-a-second they need to draw and rack the slide. Be VERY honest with yourself and ask if you are willing to commit to a DAILY training regimen to be that good at carrying an unloaded gun. How long since you had drawing practice? How's your Aikido training going? How about disassembling and reassembling your firearm...blindfolded? How many hours of TV do you watch a week?

There is a commitment to doing anything, and adding difficulty to getting a gun into the fight to save your life is not something most Americans can handle. To keep applying Israeli techniques to the average American is audacious and laughable. We are not capable of this commitment - we might miss an episode of "Dancing with the Stars."
Exactly. Mericans today could care less. Unless youre hard core and really like that ****, but people like that are few and far between.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #25
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcowboy94 View Post
Exactly. Mericans today could care less. Unless youre hard core and really like that ****, but people like that are few and far between.
At first glance I thought your username was "Azzcowboy94".

Old 07-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #26

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

At first glance I thought your username was "Azzcowboy94".
What I do in my free time is non of you (or Osama bin bama's).. Unless youre into that too.
People Like This 
Old 07-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 692 Times on 402 Posts
Likes Given: 211

I carry all the time. Whatever gun I have with me, is fully loaded, and ready to go. Isn't that the point?

Old 07-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcowboy94 View Post
What I do in my free time is non of you (or Osama bin bama's)..
LOL! Glad you took it as it was intended!

Quote:
Unless youre into that too.
Wait. Was he coming on to me???
People Like This 
Old 07-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1921 Times on 845 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

IMO the pro's and con's would be living or dying. Can not imagine trying to rack a slide in a high stress situation and you may not have the time to do so. Before I had to do that I would go the DA revolver route and one empty hole under the hammer. But I also agree with WOC. It's your life and your choice and if you are comfortable with that then by all means do it.
People Like This 
Old 07-09-2013, 12:59 AM   #30

Liked 2181 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

I carry whatever I carry ready to go bang. Sometimes I do carry a 1911. The thing about a 1911 is it must be checked on a regular basis. I wonder how often the other 1911 guys test their safeties. Whenever I clean my gun after I reassemble...I make sure it is not loaded. Then I put the thumb safety on. I try to pull the trigger. Then I take the thumb safety off and try without pressing the grip safety. I test each safety on a regular basis. Pulling your gun out of the holster to put it away is not the time you want to find out a safety is not working properly.

I used to carry an empty chamber. But I am afraid that if I had to use one hand to fight someone off while I draw I would not be able to chamber a round.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
rockratt Likes This