Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Propose a picture area for CCW?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 03:44 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbw View Post
So for those of us who may be in the later term of male pregnancy:
where is the best place to carry?
holster recommendations?

I really don't want to hear about the under the stomach holster
You might look into a shoulder holster, appendix carry or a fanny pack. You can also go with a SOB holster or a 'belly band', but many people will tell you that those aren't very good options.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 PM   #12
cbw

Thanx Matt, so far I have not found any holsters made just for the EMP 40, the Colt Contender holsters are suppose to fit and member Shank was looking into them for his EMP 40. I have not heard back from him yet. The one that came with he gun is ok for outside carry under a jacket, but I want a concealable one, most likely will have to be inside the waistband.

[The odds are always 50/50

Old 10-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbw View Post
Thanx Matt, so far I have not found any holsters made just for the EMP 40, the Colt Contender holsters are suppose to fit and member Shank was looking into them for his EMP 40. I have not heard back from him yet. The one that came with he gun is ok for outside carry under a jacket, but I want a concealable one, most likely will have to be inside the waistband.
High Noon Holster makes most of their holsters for the Springfield EMPs. Check 'em out: http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Belt_Holsters/belt_holsters.html

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Old 10-25-2008, 02:08 AM   #14

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
What's the point of that?
just to prove that with baggy clothing, you can conceal ANYTHING...

i want to see people bending over, stretching and what not like in real world situations..

Old 10-30-2008, 05:44 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Yeah well, that left-legged limp may give it away, and going up & down stairs would be a bit akward too. This is precisely why the state doesn't want you having a handgun...

Old 10-30-2008, 06:01 PM   #16

When did (is it state law or fed law) it become law you had to be of a certain age to own a handgun? The government needs to figure out WTF message they want to send, these rights/requirements/privileges (however you view them) should line up in my opinion....

Own a gun
Defend yourself
Provide for yourself
Serve your country
Drink alcohol
Drive a vehicle

Personally I think 14 is old enough for a kid who grows up working hard and learning about personal responsibility.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysilo View Post
When did (is it state law or fed law) it become law you had to be of a certain age to own a handgun? The government needs to figure out WTF message they want to send, these rights/requirements/privileges (however you view them) should line up in my opinion....

Own a gun
Defend yourself
Provide for yourself
Serve your country
Drink alcohol
Drive a vehicle

Personally I think 14 is old enough for a kid who grows up working hard and learning about personal responsibility.
What about one that does dumb stuff like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnorse View Post

can you find it?

gun out for comparison... remington 870 with 20" deer barrel...

i am not 21, can't own a handgun... so i deal with it..
can't wait till im 21 though.

thought this was funny...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9FF3LQlhBs

Roger Waters

Old 10-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #18

I don't see a problem with those pictures. Kid being stupid? Sure. Kid trying to impress some people online? Probably. Ideally "Darwin" takes care of them before they reach his age....

The difference is when you were young and stupid you couldn't snap a pic and post for all the world to see.....

Old 10-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysilo View Post
I don't see a problem with those pictures. Kid being stupid? Sure. Kid trying to impress some people online? Probably. Ideally "Darwin" takes care of them before they reach his age....

The difference is when you were young and stupid you couldn't snap a pic and post for all the world to see.....
Very true, but when I was younger and dumber, I lived in the woods and used firearms responsibly for fear of having my dad beat my ass.

I was taught how to shoot at age 5. I was first taught safety and respect before I was allowed to do any shooting.

Roger Waters

Old 10-30-2008, 10:46 PM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Very true, but when I was younger and dumber, I lived in the woods and used firearms responsibly for fear of having my dad beat my ass.

I was taught how to shoot at age 5. I was first taught safety and respect before I was allowed to do any shooting.
Yeah?.... Well that was in the days of "yes Sir, yes Maam", not "Uh, DUDE"...

We had guns everywhere...