Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
Nebraska it is against the law to have any firearm on a snowmobile. Any gun, open carry, concealed, boxed, broken down, nada.

Game and Parks does not want hunting with snowmobiles.
I actually just read that in 2011 Oregon passed a law that you can conceal carry on a snowmobile or atv without a license as long as its in a locked box or has a trigger lock on it. But obviously if you have your permit you don't need those things.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #72

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49

Generally no.... obviously military bases, even those used jointly with civilian facilities are considered federal property, but for the most part airports are either privately owned or controlled by county/city ordinances.
I haven't looked into yet but do you know if the dunes are federal land. Was wondering the rules on carrying there.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #73

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase127
In Alabama you can carry almost anywhere.

Restricted sights being.
government buildings
public schools
Bars
Airports
Exactly! I love living in pro gun states. The laws are pretty clear cut

Old 02-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #74

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by purelyhillbilly47441
It is actually a violation of law if you decide to ignore their "little signs" and carry anyways
This isn't always true and varies from state to state. In AL for example it is *not* a crime to carry on posted private property. The owner or his agent can require you to leave but the police would only become involved if you don't and even then you would only be charged with trespassing, not with illegal carrying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase127
In Alabama you can carry almost anywhere.

Restricted sights being.
government buildings
public schools
Bars
Airports
Close, but not exactly. From the actual statutes you are prohibited from carrying:

- In a public school.
- While attending a demonstration in a public place.
- TVA property.

There is no mention of bars or airports in the state laws as written. The individual sheriff who issues your permit can add additional restrictions but the apply only to permittees from his county.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:59 AM   #75

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben
This isn't always true and varies from state to state. In AL for example it is *not* a crime to carry on posted private property. The owner or his agent can require you to leave but the police would only become involved if you don't and even then you would only be charged with trespassing, not with illegal carrying.

Close, but not exactly. From the actual statutes you are prohibited from carrying:

- In a public school.
- TVA property.

There is no mention of bars or airports in the state laws as written. The individual sheriff who issues your permit can add additional restrictions but the apply only to permittees from his county.
Actually i took those locations off of the back of my AL CCW so yes they are mentioned and enforced

Old 02-25-2013, 02:17 AM   #76

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben

- In a public school.
- TVA property.

As is the case here in Indiana. No gun signs here have no legal weight. If a store owner hangs a no gun sign and its discovered youre carrying the most they can do is ask you to leave. If you dont leave then you can be charged with trespassing.

We have no law against carrying in bars and resturants that serve alcohol.

Churches are also not off limits.

We can in fact carry to a school, if dropping off or picking up our kids, but the weapon cannot leave the vehicle.

Also, our permit isnt a ccw, its a handgun permit, which allows either concealed or open carry.

Btw here's my source:
http://www.usacarry.com/indiana_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 02-25-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:37 AM   #77

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post

As is the case here in Indiana. No gun signs here have no legal weight. If a store owner hangs a no gun sign and its discovered youre carrying the most they can do is ask you to leave. If you dont leave then you can be charged with trespassing.

We have no law against carrying in bars and resturants that serve alcohol.

Churches are also not off limits.

We can in fact carry to a school, if dropping off or picking up our kids, but the weapon cannot leave the vehicle.

Also, our permit isnt a ccw, its a handgun permit, which allows either concealed or open carry.

Btw here's my source:
http://www.usacarry.com/indiana_concealed_carry_permit_information.html
I live in Indiana and I have been told u can carry in a bar but u can't drink ..but then I have been told by another Leo that I was not allowed to have it at the bar...for the record I was the dd that night

Old 02-25-2013, 03:49 AM   #78
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
I live in Indiana and I have been told u can carry in a bar but u can't drink ..but then I have been told by another Leo that I was not allowed to have it at the bar...for the record I was the dd that night
check your state laws. never rely upon what other say, even a LEO. they can and are wrong too.

everystate has different laws concerning carrying within a bar or club. some you can some you can't. read up on the laws in your state. know them.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:52 AM   #79

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

check your state laws. never rely upon what other say, even a LEO. they can and are wrong too.

everystate has different laws concerning carrying within a bar or club. some you can some you can't. read up on the laws in your state. know them.
Only thing I can find says u are allowed to but it dose not say if u can drink

Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 AM   #80
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
Only thing I can find says u are allowed to but it dose not say if u can drink
now what i'm saying is simply my opinion, not law by any means.

IMO, guns and alcohol do not mix. even if it were legal to drink and carry, i still wouldn't. and some states you can legally carry and drink, as long as you're not intoxicated. like i said this strictly my opinion.

Closed Thread