Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #51
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
Your right you did state your opinion. Which is "I respect everyone's rights, I'm not an ******* like everyone else is because I don't do that." Which is what your saying, because if your calling me inconsiderate and telling me karma is a bitch well I would bet you would be surprised how many others you are taking to as well. The fact is in the end karma " might" get me for carrying in a place I'm not supposed to but you should know that with your attitude towards everyone else's opinion which is your wrong and I'm right is going to get you or your family hurt or killed. I would call that karma but that's just truth. Karma is going to be nothing but more of a bitch then that.

P.s. why do you always say have a nice life. Or have a good night right after an angry rant like your not coming back and then reply 10 minutes later?

I hope in the end arguments like this make us all better people and help us make better decisions. I know we all have our opinions. But To each is own. You should "RESPECT" that.
simply put, you are inconsiderate of others rights, because you feel just because you have the right to carry, that means you don't have to respect others rights such as a property owners right to prohibit you carrying into their palce of business.

and you feel the need to flame on me for having respect for others property and thinking i am somehow less than you for not diregarding those boundaries. well this same conversation was had here about a year or so ago with another younger member and he called me old fashioned for my position and viewpoint and this is just the way the younger generation does things and to just deal with it. well i was taught better and to treat others with respect and treat them as i wanted to be treated. seems this has been lost on your generation and your generation is about yourself and disregard others peoples feeling, wishes or rights.

well i have plenty of respect for a differing opinion or viewpoint, but when your opinion is that you have the right to carry and disregard others rights and that's okay and fine, sorry i can't have any respect for your opinions.
Axxe55 is offline  
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 02-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

simply put, you are inconsiderate of others rights, because you feel just because you have the right to carry, that means you don't have to respect others rights such as a property owners right to prohibit you carrying into their palce of business.

and you feel the need to flame on me for having respect for others property and thinking i am somehow less than you for not diregarding those boundaries. well this same conversation was had here about a year or so ago with another younger member and he called me old fashioned for my position and viewpoint and this is just the way the younger generation does things and to just deal with it. well i was taught better and to treat others with respect and treat them as i wanted to be treated. seems this has been lost on your generation and your generation is about yourself and disregard others peoples feeling, wishes or rights.

well i have plenty of respect for a differing opinion or viewpoint, but when your opinion is that you have the right to carry and disregard others rights and that's okay and fine, sorry i can't have any respect for your opinions.
Why are you sorry, you don't seem very sorry......and I dont get how I'm the inconsiderate one, when whoever shop owner wants to prevent my legal right for safety. How is that not inconsiderate of them? And your right. You are an old man with old ways. Which doesnt fit in this new age. It's not going to be my funeral. Suit yourself. Do as you wish, your just like my father. old man who doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself. This world has changed and you haven't. That doesn't work. I understand now why your such an ignorant person. Because your old and probably got beat senseless when you were a kid. Well hopefully soon your Alzheimer's will kick in and you won't be able to carry anymore. Lol, I just want you to know that your opinion is respected on my end. I don't really give a rats azz if you disagree with me because I'm not the kinda person to shy down from my personal opinions.
WillBender is offline  
 
Old 02-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #53
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
Why are you sorry, you don't seem very sorry......and I dont get how I'm the inconsiderate one, when whoever shop owner wants to prevent my legal right for safety. How is that not inconsiderate of them? And your right. You are an old man with old ways. Which doesnt fit in this new age. It's not going to be my funeral. Suit yourself. Do as you wish, your just like my father. old man who doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself. This world has changed and you haven't. That doesn't work. I understand now why your such an ignorant person. Because your old and probably got beat senseless when you were a kid. Well hopefully soon your Alzheimer's will kick in and you won't be able to carry anymore. Lol, I just want you to know that your opinion is respected on my end. I don't really give a rats azz if you disagree with me because I'm not the kinda person to shy down from my personal opinions.
as usual you are showing just how big a douchebag you are again. never said i was sorry and yes the can prohibit you're carrying if they so choose and if not respecting their rights and wishes, yes that makes you inconsiderate and selfish and that seems to be the hallmark of most of your generation. as i said i was taught better. and if being inconsiderate, selfish and disrespectful makes me old fashioned and not able to fit in the new age, then i have no desire to fit in. thing is i do actually care about others and try to respect others, which is where you are failing. i can still respect others and do my business elsewhere, without compromising my safety. see that's how mature adults think! BTW, last thing i need is any respect from the someone with your attitude and morals. so i really don't care or need respect from you. i only tend to regard such things from those with a higher set of values than yours.
Axxe55 is offline  
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 02-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

as usual you are showing just how big a douchebag you are again. never said i was sorry and yes the can prohibit you're carrying if they so choose and if not respecting their rights and wishes, yes that makes you inconsiderate and selfish and that seems to be the hallmark of most of your generation. as i said i was taught better. and if being inconsiderate, selfish and disrespectful makes me old fashioned and not able to fit in the new age, then i have no desire to fit in. thing is i do actually care about others and try to respect others, which is where you are failing. i can still respect others and do my business elsewhere, without compromising my safety. see that's how mature adults think! BTW, last thing i need is any respect from the someone with your attitude and morals. so i really don't care or need respect from you. i only tend to regard such things from those with a higher set of values than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

sorry i can't have any respect for your opinions.

First off you did say sorry. secondly, it is so sad to see you defend yourself. Your the only one standing for what you are defending. I have not yet seen one person say I agree with axxe55, Not one person. Yet have had others say opposite and agree with me. Its not that they are picking sides, but it makes sense. im not an inconsiderate azz because its justified. iWhy are you so stuck on me! Your an idiot! I'm just the only one standing up for this subject because everyone else on here knows how much of a stubborn old ass hole you are and how you don't seem to give a **** about anyone's opinion that's not agreeing with yours. I don't care what you say, none it bothers me. I know who I am and it certainly isn't what your calling me. However i do know what you are. I have had multiple people tell me that im not going anywhere with you because your an ancient piece of ****. you have been on this forum for how long? I could ask how many people that your an old ass hole who doesn't give a **** about others opinion? Probably 100%. Don't flatter your self old man. I am the one telling you I respect your opinion and your calling me a douchbag. I will say this one more time. I am a law abiding citizen, I have my concealed carry permit. I am legally aloud to carry in any public place or building. I carry for the protection of myself and my family. If I need to go to a store that has a no guns posting. I will. That's my right and I consider it rude for anyone to tell me I can't have that right in law to protect myself or my family. I stand by my opinion and don't judge yours.
WillBender is offline  
 
Old 02-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #55
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Axx55 is correct in my opinion. It is difficult to argue for the personal freedom attached to firearms but deny property rights to another citizen.
Is it illegal to shop while carrying a 12 pound decayed Tuna? Maybe not, but you would be expected to leave the store when asked. You can not hid the smell of a fish. You can with only a little imagination conceal a handgun from sight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
First off you did say sorry. secondly, it is so sad to see you defend yourself. Your the only one standing for what you are defending. I have not yet seen one person say I agree with axxe55, Not one person. Yet have had others say opposite and agree with me. Its not that they are picking sides, but it makes sense. im not an inconsiderate azz because its justified. iWhy are you so stuck on me! Your an idiot! I'm just the only one standing up for this subject because everyone else on here knows how much of a stubborn old ass hole you are and how you don't seem to give a **** about anyone's opinion that's not agreeing with yours. I don't care what you say, none it bothers me. I know who I am and it certainly isn't what your calling me. However i do know what you are. I have had multiple people tell me that im not going anywhere with you because your an ancient piece of ****. you have been on this forum for how long? I could ask how many people that your an old ass hole who doesn't give a **** about others opinion? Probably 100%. Don't flatter your self old man. I am the one telling you I respect your opinion and your calling me a douchbag. I will say this one more time. I am a law abiding citizen, I have my concealed carry permit. I am legally aloud to carry in any public place or building. I carry for the protection of myself and my family. If I need to go to a store that has a no guns posting. I will. That's my right and I consider it rude for anyone to tell me I can't have that right in law to protect myself or my family. I stand by my opinion and don't judge yours.
hmmmm.. no one agrees with me? well at least one person does. my opinions are very much respected here and ask any question you want about me don't get your feelings hurt when you don't get the answer you want! it might suprise you. and sorry was sarcastic, not an emotion for me when i said it, so there wasn't any feeling attached to it. i have little need for for any respect from someone like you who as i said who only cares about his rights and not those of others. simply put, yes you have the right to carry, but if a property owner or business prohibits carrying, then your rights end at his door and his begins. and that's a fact. as far as judging my opinions, means nothing to me just asdoes any respect from someone with your views.
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #56
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jgoertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 491
Liked 265 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Default

Dammit this getting tiresome. It has been beaten to death on this forum several times and nothing is ever resolved. The opinions are mostly irrelevant. Law trumps opinion. As far as I know every state and the federal govt. have the law posted and easily accessible online. CHECK YOUR STATE LAW AND THE LAWS OF ANY STATE YOU ANTICIPATE BEING IN. THE IF YOU DELIBERATELY VIOLATE THEM AND ARE CAUGHT, BE IT ON YOUR OWN HEAD, AND BLUSTER ABOUT THE SECOND AMENDMENT AND SUCH WILL BE AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY.

I think it was shown during the civil rights era than when you open up a business to the general public, you give up certain private property rights. Worth checking out before you go off half-cocked with an owner.
__________________
May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.
jgoertz is offline  
 
Old 02-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
treehugger49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Newnan,Georgia
Posts: 421
Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
Well not respecting a property owners rights is a lot different actually. If I for some odd reason got caught in a local shop and the owner told me to leave, ok ill leave. Not breaking any law, and certainly wont get in trouble. just his personal rule. However if you carry in a post office and for some reason get caught your going to federal prison. Same with an airport unless your transporting the legal way. It's actually illegal to have your gun in your car if your on federal property. (Parking lot) I have heard of some saying their boss found out for whatever reason and got fired on the spot. Luckily didnt call the police. And this is even with your permit.
This depends on the state. In many states, it is perfectly legal to carry onto the airport premises as long as you remain in the non-sterile area.

Too many "truisms" seem to be floating around in discussions like these, when in actuality you must be familiar with the laws applicable to the state in which you carry - and that's not a particularly easy task, considering the fact that carry provisions change from year to year after legislative sessions, and they can be wrapped up in "legalese" that make them very difficult to interpret.
__________________
XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
treehugger49 is offline  
 
Old 02-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #58
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
emo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 415
Liked 293 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Default

I agree with axxe. The issue is a difference of opinion on what is public. To me, public is property owned by the town or state. If an individual pays taxes on property, it is private property even if they choose to allow the public to access. They can set their own rules for that property. For example, different restaurants may have different dress codes. Violating their rules may not be against the law, they will just ask you to leave, but if you then refuse, you can be arrested for disturbing the peace. I believe, as axxe has suggested, that it is just easier to avoid the whole issue and not give my business to those that post a no gun policy. Now if I could just get my LGS to carry all the food, clothes, etc that I need, it would simplify my life.
__________________
Real dogs drool!
emo is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 02-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #59
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jgoertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 491
Liked 265 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz
Dammit this getting tiresome. It has been beaten to death on this forum several times and nothing is ever resolved. The opinions are mostly irrelevant. Law trumps opinion. As far as I know every state and the federal govt. have the law posted and easily accessible online. CHECK YOUR STATE LAW AND THE LAWS OF ANY STATE YOU ANTICIPATE BEING IN. THE IF YOU DELIBERATELY VIOLATE THEM AND ARE CAUGHT, BE IT ON YOUR OWN HEAD, AND BLUSTER ABOUT THE SECOND AMENDMENT AND SUCH WILL BE AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY.

I think it was shown during the civil rights era than when you open up a business to the general public, you give up certain private property rights. Worth checking out before you go off half-cocked with an owner.
Read my post again .
Axxe has the correct idea, leave if you're asked to or be cited for disturbing the peace.
__________________
May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.
jgoertz is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purelyhillbilly47441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

After reading all the needless banter from ppl on here it seems that everyone is forgetting one thing. Just because your state says you can carry on public land or businesses doesn't mean u care carry n said businesses if they say you can not. It is actually a violation of law if you decide to ignore their "little signs" and carry anyways because once you step foot into their business it's no longer a state owned property but that of the owner. And you are actually trespassing if you decide to ignite their wishes.
purelyhillbilly47441 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
As Concealed Carriers could we? Wiebelhaus Politics, Religion and Controversy 24 10-04-2012 02:07 PM
Open carry prohibited in California havasu Legal and Activism 45 10-14-2011 06:51 AM
Superman a ‘prohibited person’ opaww Legal and Activism 16 05-10-2011 08:00 PM
Any Licensed Display Pyrotechnics on here? RJCXJ The Club House 3 06-28-2010 01:05 PM