Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 03:39 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
basscat89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 57
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
in wisconsin its a no jeapordy fine like getting a ticket for walking on the dont walk grass. personally i would rather explain why i had a gun in pro-murder the children area than be dead from some mass killer.

one thing all gun free zones have in common is that they are always where mass murders go to kill lots of unarmed people.
Amen!!! I like the way you think
__________________
basscat89 is offline  
 
Old 02-22-2013, 03:43 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
basscat89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 57
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton

That law changed several years ago. It now states that you can carry in establishments that serve alcohol for consumption on the premise, as long as you aren't drinking.
I heard that, but I also heard it was false, all I know is I carry where and when I want. With crazy people in this world who go into theatres and schools just to kill people, I'd rather explain why I had a gun to shoot an assassin than my obituary say killed by assassin
__________________
basscat89 is offline  
 
Old 02-22-2013, 03:59 AM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscat89

I heard that, but I also heard it was false, all I know is I carry where and when I want. With crazy people in this world who go into theatres and schools just to kill people, I'd rather explain why I had a gun to shoot an assassin than my obituary say killed by assassin
I definetly agree with you on that one, but for me it's to an extent. Like obvious places like airports and what not. I won't carry there.
__________________
WillBender is offline  
 
Old 02-22-2013, 04:08 AM   #44
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
I definetly agree with you on that one, but for me it's to an extent. Like obvious places like airports and what not. I won't carry there.
why not? if you carry such as you say, and are concealed and have a permit why let a little thing like a sign stop you? you don't feel compelled to respect a property owners rights, why worry about carrying here as well?
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 02-22-2013, 04:27 AM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

why not? if you carry such as you say, and are concealed and have a permit why let a little thing like a sign stop you? you don't feel compelled to respect a property owners rights, why worry about carrying here as well?
Well not respecting a property owners rights is a lot different actually. If I for some odd reason got caught in a local shop and the owner told me to leave, ok ill leave. Not breaking any law, and certainly wont get in trouble. just his personal rule. However if you carry in a post office and for some reason get caught your going to federal prison. Same with an airport unless your transporting the legal way. It's actually illegal to have your gun in your car if your on federal property. (Parking lot) I have heard of some saying their boss found out for whatever reason and got fired on the spot. Luckily didnt call the police. And this is even with your permit.
__________________
WillBender is offline  
 
Old 02-22-2013, 04:31 AM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

why let a little thing like a sign stop you?
Well there is a BIG difference in a "little sign" and a federal offense. I'm not going to let a local shop owner prevent me from carrying in his shop. I can guarantee they won't see it, however in not willing to be that when it comes to prison and undercover LE that are trained to spot things like that.
__________________
WillBender is offline  
 
Old 02-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #47
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
Well there is a BIG difference in a "little sign" and a federal offense. I'm not going to let a local shop owner prevent me from carrying in his shop. I can guarantee they won't see it, however in not willing to be that when it comes to prison and undercover LE that are trained to spot things like that.
well i am not going to debate or argue the points of this with you anymore. seems as you feel it's your rights are primary and others rights are secondary to yours. and that you feel it's your right to pick and choose what you will or will not abide by. so be it. Karma is bitch and she remembers things like this. just don't get all butthurt when someone disregards your rights or wishes, because you will have no leg to stand on.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
pnolans Likes This 
Old 02-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

well i am not going to debate or argue the points of this with you anymore. seems as you feel it's your rights are primary and others rights are secondary to yours. and that you feel it's your right to pick and choose what you will or will not abide by. so be it. Karma is bitch and she remembers things like this. just don't get all butthurt when someone disregards your rights or wishes, because you will have no leg to stand on.
That doesn't make any sense, debate what? The fact that its a federal offense. And you are right about one thing. In my opinion when law states otherwise my rights do come first. I carry to protect not only myself but my family as well. And if I need to go somewhere where I don't feel comfortable without my weapon, to bad. And like someone else said on here, I would rather explain the defense of myself or my family then have my obituary say we got killed by someone. There is no debate about it. I have not once told you what you should or should not do, and you are trying to teach me
__________________
WillBender is offline  
 
Old 02-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #49
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
That doesn't make any sense, debate what? The fact that its a federal offense. And you are right about one thing. In my opinion when law states otherwise my rights do come first. I carry to protect not only myself but my family as well. And if I need to go somewhere where I don't feel comfortable without my weapon, to bad. And like someone else said on here, I would rather explain the defense of myself or my family then have my obituary say we got killed by someone. There is no debate about it. I have not once told you what you should or should not do, and you are trying to teach me
well i stated my position and stand firm on it. i will say this, you are selfish and inconsiderate of others rights because you only are thinking of yourself. like i said, at some point Karma will bite you on the azz! enjoy your life.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 02-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

well i stated my position and stand firm on it. i will say this, you are selfish and inconsiderate of others rights because you only are thinking of yourself. like i said, at some point Karma will bite you on the azz! enjoy your life.
Your right you did state your opinion. Which is "I respect everyone's rights, I'm not an ******* like everyone else is because I don't do that." Which is what your saying, because if your calling me inconsiderate and telling me karma is a bitch well I would bet you would be surprised how many others you are taking to as well. The fact is in the end karma " might" get me for carrying in a place I'm not supposed to but you should know that with your attitude towards everyone else's opinion which is your wrong and I'm right is going to get you or your family hurt or killed. I would call that karma but that's just truth. Karma is going to be nothing but more of a bitch then that.

P.s. why do you always say have a nice life. Or have a good night right after an angry rant like your not coming back and then reply 10 minutes later?

I hope in the end arguments like this make us all better people and help us make better decisions. I know we all have our opinions. But To each is own. You should "RESPECT" that.
__________________
WillBender is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
As Concealed Carriers could we? Wiebelhaus Politics, Religion and Controversy 24 10-04-2012 02:07 PM
Open carry prohibited in California havasu Legal and Activism 45 10-14-2011 06:51 AM
Superman a ‘prohibited person’ opaww Legal and Activism 16 05-10-2011 08:00 PM
Any Licensed Display Pyrotechnics on here? RJCXJ The Club House 3 06-28-2010 01:05 PM