Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Wiilbender you would be wrong again. the property owner of any establishment has the right to refuse service and entrance to anyone for any reason they want. and you say the only rights are being discussed are the those who carry, well what about the rights of the property owner?

state may say you have the right to carry and i'm not saying you don't, but a business isn't obligated to follow those laws if they don't want someone carrying on their premises, and that's a fact whether you like it or not. permit or not, if a person doesn't want you to carry on their premises, then you are violating the law, and that's a fact as well.

the rights of a property owner trump your right to carry. simply put, yes state says you have the right to carry if you have a permit, but any property owner whether open to the public or not has the right to refuse you to carry on their premises if they so choose to.

kind of like drinking. as long as you're over the age of 21 then you can legally buy and drink alcoholic beverages. now now if you decide to drive under the influence and are intoxicated, then you have broken the law. nobody has told you can't drink, but you can't drink and drive and be legal if you are intoxicated. so nobody has infringed your right to drink, but driving drunk you ae infringing on everyone else's rights to reasonable expectation of safety.
Yea your right, but lets say a store has that sign, are you personally going to put our gun away to go into that store.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 PM   #32

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscat89 View Post
HELL YEA BROTHER!!! I used to eat at BWW all the time, but haven't been back since they started that anti gun crap. I don't know how the law is where you are, but here in Ga, you're technically not allowed to carry in any place that serves alcohal. But they don't really push the issue in restaurants, just bars and night clubs
Not true. You need to read up on Georgia law if you're going to carry. Distinctions are made between a "bar" where the serving of food is incidental to the main purpose of serving alcohol, and a restaurant that also serves alcohol. For instance, you're perfectly OK to carry in Appleby's or Red Lobster, even though they may serve alcohol.

Here's a quote from GeorgiaPacking.org. "Places off limits to carry: In a bar unless the owner permits carry (the owner has to grant permission for you to be able carry, a bar is defined as an establishment that is devoted to the serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption by guests on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the consumption of those beverages, like taverns, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, and cabarets)"

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Last edited by treehugger49; 02-22-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:02 AM   #33

Liked 101 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Most states, churches are banned from CC.

In Nebraska, zero tollerance for alcohol and CC. If a establishment derives over half their income from alcohol sales, no CC.

Hospitals, government buildings, schools, voting places, or any business where it is posted no CC.

In a glove box is OK, if you are alone in the car. If you have passengers, everyone must have a CW permit to hide a gun in the vehicle. If some passenger does not have a CW permit, the holder of the permit has to have the gun hidden on them and not accessible to others in the car.
Correction, in some states churches are off limits . And those states are ill informed.
In wa glove box is not ok.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19570 Times on 11108 Posts
Likes Given: 49272

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
Yea your right, but lets say a store has that sign, are you personally going to put our gun away to go into that store.
nope! i will shop elsewhere and use my wallet to vote. that's the way a responsible and mature adult handles these types of situations. acting like an adult is more than years but an attitude. respecting others even when you don't agree or abiding by laws even when you don't feel them to be fair is part of being an adult.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 AM   #35

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

nope! i will shop elsewhere and use my wallet to vote. that's the way a responsible and mature adult handles these types of situations. acting like an adult is more than years but an attitude. respecting others even when you don't agree or abiding by laws even when you don't feel them to be fair is part of being an adult.
I feel sorry for you. But even more sorry for the people's lives that could of been saved had you decided just to do your shopping there. Yet the responsible and or mature adult you call yourself takes the simplest rules and shatters them into what you are making a big scene. "That's what a mature adult would do" well a "mature" adult would probably consider why they have that rule and would go on with their day like any "mature" adult would, Just like you once said to me is "you will find out the hard way."

Old 02-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19570 Times on 11108 Posts
Likes Given: 49272

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
I feel sorry for you. But even more sorry for the people's lives that could of been saved had you decided just to do your shopping there. Yet the responsible and or mature adult you call yourself takes the simplest rules and shatters them into what you are making a big scene. "That's what a mature adult would do" well a "mature" adult would probably consider why they have that rule and would go on with their day like any "mature" adult would, Just like you once said to me is "you will find out the hard way."
Willbender feel sorry for yourself. people' lives i could have saved? that's a real mature reply! since when was it my place or responsiblilty to save others lives? what are you some badazz or a mall ninja who thinks that carrying is some game where you get to be the hero and save the day? or get to play cops and robbers? Jesus H. Christ, grow up kid!

and you try and twist my words out of context and i take the simplest rules and shatters them? simply because i act like an adult and have learned to think for myself and still be able to respect others rights. i guess this is something your generation of "Me" would think of. what you want and to hell with others. your an inconsiderate and selfish person only concerned with what your rights are and hae no regard for others and what their rights are.

no sir, i believe you will be the one to find out the hard way. i haven't lived as long as i have by being stupid and foolish and plan being around a lot longer by having learned to be smarter and using my brain. something that seems to eluded you so far. have a nice night, you're simply unteachable and are failing to want to even try to learn.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

Willbender feel sorry for yourself. people' lives i could have saved? that's a real mature reply! since when was it my place or responsiblilty to save others lives? what are you some badazz or a mall ninja who thinks that carrying is some game where you get to be the hero and save the day? or get to play cops and robbers? Jesus H. Christ, grow up kid!

and you try and twist my words out of context and i take the simplest rules and shatters them? simply because i act like an adult and have learned to think for myself and still be able to respect others rights. i guess this is something your generation of "Me" would think of. what you want and to hell with others. your an inconsiderate and selfish person only concerned with what your rights are and hae no regard for others and what their rights are.

no sir, i believe you will be the one to find out the hard way. i haven't lived as long as i have by being stupid and foolish and plan being around a lot longer by having learned to be smarter and using my brain. something that seems to eluded you so far. have a nice night, you're simply unteachable and are failing to want to even try to learn.
I think you and I could get along, I am a truly sensible guy, I try to push the ways of rules to find the limits of them without going to far, so I can become a better person in the end. I dont get upset over others opinions or points of view i just try to put it in perspective. i try not to judge and certainly don't beat others opinions down. I know everyone has there opinion and I do as well. And I don't try to teach others so to speak. So to call me unteachable is a bit harsh. I tell others what I know in hopes they want to be taught or self Persue the subject themself. I take bashings or beaurocratic lectures everyday! I take it with a grain of salt. I feel the more knowledge the better good or bad.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:18 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscat89 View Post
HELL YEA BROTHER!!! I used to eat at BWW all the time, but haven't been back since they started that anti gun crap. I don't know how the law is where you are, but here in Ga, you're technically not allowed to carry in any place that serves alcohal. But they don't really push the issue in restaurants, just bars and night clubs
That law changed several years ago. It now states that you can carry in establishments that serve alcohol for consumption on the premise, as long as you aren't drinking.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-22-2013, 02:48 AM   #39
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5119 Times on 2665 Posts
Likes Given: 310

in wisconsin its a no jeapordy fine like getting a ticket for walking on the dont walk grass. personally i would rather explain why i had a gun in pro-murder the children area than be dead from some mass killer.

one thing all gun free zones have in common is that they are always where mass murders go to kill lots of unarmed people.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-22-2013, 03:33 AM   #40

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49

Not true. You need to read up on Georgia law if you're going to carry. Distinctions are made between a "bar" where the serving of food is incidental to the main purpose of serving alcohol, and a restaurant that also serves alcohol. For instance, you're perfectly OK to carry in Appleby's or Red Lobster, even though they may serve alcohol.

Here's a quote from GeorgiaPacking.org. "Places off limits to carry: In a bar unless the owner permits carry (the owner has to grant permission for you to be able carry, a bar is defined as an establishment that is devoted to the serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption by guests on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the consumption of those beverages, like taverns, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, and cabarets)"
I think I do remember reading this, but here in Covington a few months ago a friend of mine had a pistol on his side at longhorns and the manager asked him to leave. So I figured that restaurants counted as well

Closed Thread