Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glore

It's a right to carry. It's each persons RESPONSIBILITY to carry in a RESPONSIBLE way, you are RESPONSIBLE for how each of these scenarios in a public place go down. If done properly, Nobody should even know you are armed....Bonus huh...Not only do you get the jump on a bad guy, you don't get the looks from grandma of fear. I don't see the need for some people to get all radical about this issue. IT'S MY RIGHT! As he is carrying an AK down the road (If you haven't seen the video...YouTube it.). I believe some gun rights have improved such as concealed carry in how many states now?? No need to test the patience of the public that doesn't have the same outlook as you "Mr. Ak" guy. Get a Krink and tuck that under a leather coat if you wanna test your right to carry. Anyway my point is.....well nevermind.
That's what I was trying I say so well said. But I got the impression from aaxe or whatever that if you did that then you are disrespecting others rights and making other gun owners look bad. I think it's your responsibility to conceal your weapon properly upon doing so.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender

That's what I was trying I say so well said. But I got the impression from aaxe or whatever that if you did that then you are disrespecting others rights and making other gun owners look bad. I think it's your responsibility to conceal your weapon properly upon doing so.
Oh my apologies, that was not directed toward you in any way. I just read the thread and quoted after I recalled seeing the video, a wine induced rant spun off.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glore

Oh my apologies, that was not directed toward you in any way. I just read the thread and quoted after I recalled seeing the video, a wine induced rant spun off.
Haha, no worries. My implication was that the law says you can carry in any public building with obvious permit. And the argument was if a shop owner doesn't want you in there with a gun they have the right to throw you out. Well in my opinion if you carry properly and conceal properly. They have no reason to throw, law abiding citizen doing no harm or causing no problems to anyone

Old 02-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #24

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Buffalo Wild Wings is definitely anti gun, Carmike Cinemas is as well. Neither will see another penny of my money.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #25
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 911 Times on 602 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Home depot no, menards yes, last I heard.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
Home depot no, menards yes, last I heard.
What do you mean by Home Depot no? And what is mernards?

Old 02-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022
Buffalo Wild Wings is definitely anti gun, Carmike Cinemas is as well. Neither will see another penny of my money.
HELL YEA BROTHER!!! I used to eat at BWW all the time, but haven't been back since they started that anti gun crap. I don't know how the law is where you are, but here in Ga, you're technically not allowed to carry in any place that serves alcohal. But they don't really push the issue in restaurants, just bars and night clubs

Old 02-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #28

Liked 26 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022 View Post
Thank you that's good to know from a western new York view

Old 02-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #29
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20943 Times on 11899 Posts
Likes Given: 52525

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
Abide by laws?? I understand if its your private property of your home, that's completely different . But a store no. I can take my weapon in and out if a school as feel necessary. And you for get to set the rules. When you open a business you abide by the rules already set in place. Like any public building. Like I said you can refuse service and ask me to leave but if its not for a legit reason prepare for a court hearing because its the law. This has nothing to do with respecting others rights. The only rights that are being discussed are the carriers. It is my right as a law abiding citizen to carry a concealed handgun here I please, give or take a few obvious places. It's the law. You can make all the rules you want but the truth is that the law says I am able to. And I don think your going to personally search every person so if us as cc's do our job at concealing you won't even know, and it doesn't even have to be concealed. I can open carry in any building as long as I have my permit as well. I am not saying I don't understand what you are getting at, but your telling me that any building you see that says no weapons allowed your not going to go in even though you know you have the legal right to?
Wiilbender you would be wrong again. the property owner of any establishment has the right to refuse service and entrance to anyone for any reason they want. and you say the only rights are being discussed are the those who carry, well what about the rights of the property owner?

state may say you have the right to carry and i'm not saying you don't, but a business isn't obligated to follow those laws if they don't want someone carrying on their premises, and that's a fact whether you like it or not. permit or not, if a person doesn't want you to carry on their premises, then you are violating the law, and that's a fact as well.

the rights of a property owner trump your right to carry. simply put, yes state says you have the right to carry if you have a permit, but any property owner whether open to the public or not has the right to refuse you to carry on their premises if they so choose to.

kind of like drinking. as long as you're over the age of 21 then you can legally buy and drink alcoholic beverages. now now if you decide to drive under the influence and are intoxicated, then you have broken the law. nobody has told you can't drink, but you can't drink and drive and be legal if you are intoxicated. so nobody has infringed your right to drink, but driving drunk you ae infringing on everyone else's rights to reasonable expectation of safety.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #30

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscat89

HELL YEA BROTHER!!! I used to eat at BWW all the time, but haven't been back since they started that anti gun crap. I don't know how the law is where you are, but here in Ga, you're technically not allowed to carry in any place that serves alcohal. But they don't really push the issue in restaurants, just bars and night clubs
I live in North Ga too. Since I live in the Tn border I keep up with their rules too , they are trying to pass a bill where you can keep your weapon in your car at work and so forth. Problem is, it won't keep you from being fired for it.

Closed Thread