Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #241
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 5,533
Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post

No. I will not. Almost all mass shootings happen in a "no gun" zone. If I did not have legal right to carry there such as a courthouse or post office I wont. But I will find another way to prepare myself for the worst without breaking the law. Property owners cannot and will not ever take away my right to carry. They can keep me from being there by asking me to leave but that comes down to if your doing your job at concealing. No one should know but you. Its not about respecting others rights. Thats such a bull sh1t excuse. The fact is I carry to protect me and my family. I will not let a shop owner tell me. So far all I have gotten from the other side of this view is well your not respecting there rights. And its illegal and that is contradicting. Well first its 100% not illegal and second if all you have is direspecting rights then thats not enough. People disrespect my rights everyday i dont see others calling then out and telling then off.
In not trying to convince others that this is what they should do. Which is pretty much what your doing. Kinda feels like all you say is listen to me im right your wrong.

A link I found interesting. Check it out.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/13942-gun-free-zones-called-magnets-for-mass-shooters
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
Picked this out of the link I posted in case some didnt or could read. Just a small part but definetly something to think about.

"Lott recalled this summer's shooting at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, where 12 people were killed and 58 wounded when a killer opened fire with semi-automatic weapons.*
*There, you have seven movie theaters that were showing the Batman movie when it opened at the end of July. Out of those seven movie theaters, only one movie theater was posted as banning
permit-concealed handguns. The killer didn't go to the movie theater that was closest to his home. He didn't go to the movie theater that was the largest movie theater in Colorado, which was essentially the same distance from his apartment as the one he ended up going to. Instead, the one he picked was the only one of those movie theaters that banned people taking permit-concealed handguns into that theater."
That's the whole point.... You can CHOOSE to go to a movie theater that allows firearms, or a grocery store or where ever. If the grocery store down the road from my house put up a sign that said no firearms, I'd walk my happy little butt back to my truck and drive less than a mile to the one that doesn't. It's about being responsible and respectful and on top of that, not supporting businesses that don't support your right to carry.
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 03-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #242
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,904
Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
That's the whole point.... You can CHOOSE to go to a movie theater that allows firearms, or a grocery store or where ever. If the grocery store down the road from my house put up a sign that said no firearms, I'd walk my happy little butt back to my truck and drive less than a mile to the one that doesn't. It's about being responsible and respectful and on top of that, not supporting businesses that don't support your right to carry.
Plain, simple & RIGHT ON
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #243
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Your can carry in a hospital in Cali? Holy crap!

On the property owner's note, a good statement I've heard is this, to paraphrase...
"if armed security is provided (most hospitals and courthouses) I may not be comfortable, but I will be willing, to go unarmed. If armed security is not provided, I either don't go, or my firearm is well concealed. Also, if someone bans guns in an establishment, and they don't provide security, they should be held accountable if a mass shooting happens."

I say just look up your state law. In some states, the most a store owner can do is ask you to leave, then press trespassing charges if you don't. Bear in mind, in some of those states, trespassing with a firearm is an offense all it's own, and is a felony in some places.

In some states, posted "no guns" signs must meet a set of guidelines. i.e., 2" lettering, white background, no lower than 4', no higher then 5', posted within 10' of entrance in plain view, etc., etc.... And in many of those states with stringent requirements on posting guidelines, those legal signs may carry the full weight of law.

In other states, a sign that appears to be written in crayon by a drunken lemur with Parkinson's could carry the weight of law.

As with so many gun laws, because of the variations state to state, KNOW YOUR LOCAL LAWS, and stop brow beating each other, all of you.

I'll get a cat herder if I have to.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 03-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #244
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 5,533
Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Your can carry in a hospital in Cali? Holy crap!

On the property owner's note, a good statement I've heard is this, to paraphrase...
"if armed security is provided (most hospitals and courthouses) I may not be comfortable, but I will be willing, to go unarmed. If armed security is not provided, I either don't go, or my firearm is well concealed. Also, if someone bans guns in an establishment, and they don't provide security, they should be held accountable if a mass shooting happens."

I say just look up your state law. In some states, the most a store owner can do is ask you to leave, then press trespassing charges if you don't. Bear in mind, in some of those states, trespassing with a firearm is an offense all it's own, and is a felony in some places.

In some states, posted "no guns" signs must meet a set of guidelines. i.e., 2" lettering, white background, no lower than 4', no higher then 5', posted within 10' of entrance in plain view, etc., etc.... And in many of those states with stringent requirements on posting guidelines, those legal signs may carry the full weight of law.

In other states, a sign that appears to be written in crayon by a drunken lemur with Parkinson's could carry the weight of law.

As with so many gun laws, because of the variations state to state, KNOW YOUR LOCAL LAWS, and stop brow beating each other, all of you.

I'll get a cat herder if I have to.
Do I have to?
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Old 03-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #245
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

Do I have to?
It's for their protection, dear.
I'm kidding. You get to use a hammer.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Old 03-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #246
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 5,533
Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

It's for their protection, dear.
I'm kidding. You get to use a hammer.
Yes! I love hammers
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Old 03-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #247
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: BFE,Mississippi
Posts: 19,111
Liked 5658 Times on 3326 Posts
Likes Given: 4788

Default

What was that about getting hammered? I could use a drink!

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

orangello is offline  
 
Old 03-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #248
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas by God, Texas!
Posts: 24,567
Liked 16919 Times on 9805 Posts
Likes Given: 44108

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
No. I will not. Almost all mass shootings happen in a "no gun" zone. If I did not have legal right to carry there such as a courthouse or post office I wont. But I will find another way to prepare myself for the worst without breaking the law. Property owners cannot and will not ever take away my right to carry. They can keep me from being there by asking me to leave but that comes down to if your doing your job at concealing. No one should know but you. Its not about respecting others rights. Thats such a bull sh1t excuse. The fact is I carry to protect me and my family. I will not let a shop owner tell me. So far all I have gotten from the other side of this view is well your not respecting there rights. And its illegal and that is contradicting. Well first its 100% not illegal and second if all you have is direspecting rights then thats not enough. People disrespect my rights everyday i dont see others calling then out and telling then off.
In not trying to convince others that this is what they should do. Which is pretty much what your doing. Kinda feels like all you say is listen to me im right your wrong.



A link I found interesting. Check it out.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/13942-gun-free-zones-called-magnets-for-mass-shooters
you are totally wrong and i am right and by the general consensus of what others are saying i know i'm right. because it comes down to choice. you talk about GFZ's, as if you have to be there. well no you don't. you talk as if just because a business posts a sign prohibiting guns, like you have to go there, and again, no you don't. you have made the decision to direspect others rights, period. and now you are trying to justify and rationalize that decison to us and others.

you said it's not illegal, and all they can do is ask you to leave. yes in your state and others, that's true. some states you can be arrested and have your permit revoked, and have to pay a fine. seems as those states are definately saying the property owners rights trump your right to carry.

Willbender. i don't know how old you are, not do i really care, but you are sounding more and more like a spoiled little kid, throwing a hissy fit because we have shown the error of your thinking. and by many of your other posts on this subject, just because a person can carry, doesn't mean they should. you are definately in this catagory.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
vincent Likes This 
Old 03-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #249
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

you are totally wrong and i am right and by the general consensus of what others are saying i know i'm right. because it comes down to choice. you talk about GFZ's, as if you have to be there. well no you don't. you talk as if just because a business posts a sign prohibiting guns, like you have to go there, and again, no you don't. you have made the decision to direspect others rights, period. and now you are trying to justify and rationalize that decison to us and others.

you said it's not illegal, and all they can do is ask you to leave. yes in your state and others, that's true. some states you can be arrested and have your permit revoked, and have to pay a fine. seems as those states are definately saying the property owners rights trump your right to carry.

Willbender. i don't know how old you are, not do i really care, but you are sounding more and more like a spoiled little kid, throwing a hissy fit because we have shown the error of your thinking. and by many of your other posts on this subject, just because a person can carry, doesn't mean they should. you are definately in this catagory.
A hissy fit really? I could care less what you have to say about me not respecting others rights or not. You donhave a chose and I choose to not care about their sign. Doesnt bother me. I dont have to try and justify anything. It already is.Karma is a bitch and will bite you soon enough.
__________________
WillBender is offline  
 
Old 03-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #250
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mid-Atlantic NC
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1949 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 4282

Default

This thread says...



__________________
Member NRA, GOA, GRNC, SAF, NAGR

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
vincent is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
As Concealed Carriers could we? Wiebelhaus Politics, Religion and Controversy 24 10-04-2012 02:07 PM
Open carry prohibited in California havasu Legal and Activism 45 10-14-2011 06:51 AM
Superman a ‘prohibited person’ opaww Legal and Activism 16 05-10-2011 08:00 PM
Any Licensed Display Pyrotechnics on here? RJCXJ The Club House 3 06-28-2010 01:05 PM