Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers - Page 24
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 AM   #231
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo View Post

That's a very interesting take on it. Seems they would be saying that the government's rights are more important than the individual's. if everyone stops and thinks about that for a minute, I doubt that anyone on this forum would knowingly say something like that, and thanks for the link about property rights.

I think maybe we've beat this horse enough and the two sides are not going to change the other's viewpoint. Maybe we should let this thread die and all skip over to the 1911 section and drool over some more photo's of Canebrake's toys.
I dont find it contradicting at all. If it says in the law that It is illegal to do something. Ill abide by it. It doesnt say anywhere that I cant carry in a local shop with or without a posting. They ask me to leave. Ok ill leave. You are not breaking any law. In oregon that is. Now you walk into a courthouse or post office you will go to prison. Show me a law that says otherwise. And tell me how I am contradicting myself by abiding by a clear law and not abiding by a local shops "rule" to keep me fron protecting myself and my family.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #232
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
I dont find it contradicting at all. If it says in the law that It is illegal to do something. Ill abide by it. It doesnt say anywhere that I cant carry in a local shop with or without a posting. They ask me to leave. Ok ill leave. You are not breaking any law. In oregon that is. Now you walk into a courthouse or post office you will go to prison. Show me a law that says otherwise. And tell me how I am contradicting myself by abiding by a clear law and not abiding by a local shops "rule" to keep me fron protecting myself and my family.
what about just respecting someone else's rights and going elsewhere?

that would be the right, ethical and moral thing to do, even if it weren't the legal thing to do.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #233

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Allow whatever they want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
some seem to think just because a business is open to the public, that it's public property. not true, it's still private property and someone owns it, meaning they can prohibit or allow whatever they so choose to. http://www.constitution.org/powright.htm
This is actually not entirely true; if it were, then there would be a lot more places that still allow people to smoke cigarettes; like bars, restaurants, bowling alleys, etc..

Old 03-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #234

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithkowitz View Post
This is actually not entirely true; if it were, then there would be a lot more places that still allow people to smoke cigarettes; like bars, restaurants, bowling alleys, etc..
Kinda not entirely true either- Most places just bow to public pressure
Then there are entire cities that have gone "smokeless" so they have no choice even tho they are still private owned-- Hooraw for the government & personal rights --

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #235
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3252 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post

Kinda not entirely true either- Most places just bow to public pressure
Then there are entire cities that have gone "smokeless" so they have no choice even tho they are still private owned-- Hooraw for the government & personal rights --
Try entire states, welcome to Utah.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Try entire states, welcome to Utah.
WOW!!

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 03-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #237

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

what about just respecting someone else's rights and going elsewhere?

that would be the right, ethical and moral thing to do, even if it weren't the legal thing to do.
No. I will not. Almost all mass shootings happen in a "no gun" zone. If I did not have legal right to carry there such as a courthouse or post office I wont. But I will find another way to prepare myself for the worst without breaking the law. Property owners cannot and will not ever take away my right to carry. They can keep me from being there by asking me to leave but that comes down to if your doing your job at concealing. No one should know but you. Its not about respecting others rights. Thats such a bull sh1t excuse. The fact is I carry to protect me and my family. I will not let a shop owner tell me. So far all I have gotten from the other side of this view is well your not respecting there rights. And its illegal and that is contradicting. Well first its 100% not illegal and second if all you have is direspecting rights then thats not enough. People disrespect my rights everyday i dont see others calling then out and telling then off.
In not trying to convince others that this is what they should do. Which is pretty much what your doing. Kinda feels like all you say is listen to me im right your wrong.

A link I found interesting. Check it out.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/13942-gun-free-zones-called-magnets-for-mass-shooters

Old 03-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #238

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Picked this out of the link I posted in case some didnt or could read. Just a small part but definetly something to think about.

"Lott recalled this summer's shooting at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, where 12 people were killed and 58 wounded when a killer opened fire with semi-automatic weapons.*
*There, you have seven movie theaters that were showing the Batman movie when it opened at the end of July. Out of those seven movie theaters, only one movie theater was posted as banning permit-concealed handguns. The killer didn't go to the movie theater that was closest to his home. He didn't go to the movie theater that was the largest movie theater in Colorado, which was essentially the same distance from his apartment as the one he ended up going to. Instead, the one he picked was the only one of those movie theaters that banned people taking permit-concealed handguns into that theater."

Old 03-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
No. I will not. Almost all mass shootings happen in a "no gun" zone. If I did not have legal right to carry there such as a courthouse or post office I wont. But I will find another way to prepare myself for the worst without breaking the law. Property owners cannot and will not ever take away my right to carry. They can keep me from being there by asking me to leave but that comes down to if your doing your job at concealing. No one should know but you. Its not about respecting others rights. Thats such a bull sh1t excuse. The fact is I carry to protect me and my family. I will not let a shop owner tell me. So far all I have gotten from the other side of this view is well your not respecting there rights. And its illegal and that is contradicting. Well first its 100% not illegal and second if all you have is direspecting rights then thats not enough. People disrespect my rights everyday i dont see others calling then out and telling then off.
In not trying to convince others that this is what they should do. Which is pretty much what your doing. Kinda feels like all you say is listen to me im right your wrong.

A link I found interesting. Check it out.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/13942-gun-free-zones-called-magnets-for-mass-shooters
Your last 30 posts have been on this same thread--
We kinda know your stand by now

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #240
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 141 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Most states, churches are banned from CC.

In Nebraska, zero tollerance for alcohol and CC. If a establishment derives over half their income from alcohol sales, no CC.

Hospitals, government buildings, schools, voting places, or any business where it is posted no CC.

In a glove box is OK, if you are alone in the car. If you have passengers, everyone must have a CW permit to hide a gun in the vehicle. If some passenger does not have a CW permit, the holder of the permit has to have the gun hidden on them and not accessible to others in the car.
In CA churches are OK as well as hospitals. Schools, voting places,Some Govt. buildings and courts are a definite NO

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Closed Thread