Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers - Page 21
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #201
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
No matter how many times i have said something aling the lines of this it gets shot down. So very well put.
frankly, i disagree with anyone, and i mean anyone who feels the need to overlook or disregard the rights of others simply because they have CC permit. an there is nothing anyone can do to change my viewpoint on that position. simply because we do have choices, that there is not one good reason for a person to violate the rights of another person.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 03-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #202
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Why should it be illegal to carry conceal in the Post Office, or better yet; while you are driving through the lot putting a letter into the drop box?

You do know that is against the law, right?

__________________
smithkowitz is offline  
 
Old 03-13-2013, 01:34 AM   #203
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Violation of rights? Whose rights bear the trump card and why? How about this; should a Felon of any type be allowed to post a No Firearms allowed on property sign?

__________________
smithkowitz is offline  
 
Old 03-13-2013, 01:45 AM   #204
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithkowitz View Post
Violation of rights? Whose rights bear the trump card and why? How about this; should a Felon of any type be allowed to post a No Firearms allowed on property sign?
wasn't aware a felon could be in possession of a firearm!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 03-13-2013, 02:42 AM   #205
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Missouribound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 777
Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithkowitz View Post
Why should it be illegal to carry conceal in the Post Office, or better yet; while you are driving through the lot putting a letter into the drop box?

You do know that is against the law, right?
All federally owned property is "no carry". Even failing,in debt and bankrupt ones like the post office.
__________________
Missouribound is offline  
 
Old 03-13-2013, 03:06 AM   #206
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,089
Liked 3273 Times on 1815 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post

All federally owned property is "no carry". Even failing,in debt and bankrupt ones like the post office.
That's right and in Utah where you can keep a gun in your car, you still can't on federal property because state laws don't apply on federal property
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Old 03-13-2013, 04:02 AM   #207
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Okay, so if we have a Constitutional Right to Bear Arms per the 2A and that right shall not be infringed upon, how can we be prohibited from carrying on Postal Property, or any Federal Property, especially since we are owners of the property?

__________________
smithkowitz is offline  
 
Old 03-13-2013, 04:05 AM   #208
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jgoertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 477
Liked 254 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

frankly, i disagree with anyone, and i mean anyone who feels the need to overlook or disregard the rights of others simply because they have CC permit. an there is nothing anyone can do to change my viewpoint on that position. simply because we do have choices, that there is not one good reason for a person to violate the rights of another person.
My sentiments also. It doesn't matter what stance you take, someone will come up with an exception.
__________________

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

jgoertz is online now  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #209
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Missouribound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 777
Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithkowitz View Post
Okay, so if we have a Constitutional Right to Bear Arms per the 2A and that right shall not be infringed upon, how can we be prohibited from carrying on Postal Property, or any Federal Property, especially since we are owners of the property?
That's an easy one. Most of the postal employees are....well "postal" Having a gun near them would be dangerous for the rest of us....
__________________
Missouribound is offline  
 
Old 03-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #210
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

frankly, i disagree with anyone, and i mean anyone who feels the need to overlook or disregard the rights of others simply because they have CC permit. an there is nothing anyone can do to change my viewpoint on that position. simply because we do have choices, that there is not one good reason for a person to violate the rights of another person.
Ok. Thats cool. Good for you. Not how I feel but whatever. I dont judge you so I dont appreciate you judging me for my choice.
__________________
WillBender is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
As Concealed Carriers could we? Wiebelhaus Politics, Religion and Controversy 24 10-04-2012 02:07 PM
Open carry prohibited in California havasu Legal and Activism 45 10-14-2011 06:51 AM
Superman a ‘prohibited person’ opaww Legal and Activism 16 05-10-2011 08:00 PM
Any Licensed Display Pyrotechnics on here? RJCXJ The Club House 3 06-28-2010 01:05 PM