Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers - Page 20
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

Until robbers rapists and spree killers respect life liberty and property why should anyone respect their regards.

Carrying a gun doesnt automatically make everyone around you unsafe. In fact its quite the opposite.

Here in wisconsin only a few weeks after the first ccw cards were issued a brand new ccw person was carrying in a prohibited gricery in milwaukee when two young thugs burst in with shotguns he shot one of them chasing them both out of the store. So what your saying is because there was a sign he should have respected it and him his wife the employees and other patrons should have been shotgunned to death...
Well put!!!

Old 03-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #192
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3373 Times on 1879 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Most states, churches are banned from CC.

In Nebraska, zero tollerance for alcohol and CC. If a establishment derives over half their income from alcohol sales, no CC.

Hospitals, government buildings, schools, voting places, or any business where it is posted no CC.

In a glove box is OK, if you are alone in the car. If you have passengers, everyone must have a CW permit to hide a gun in the vehicle. If some passenger does not have a CW permit, the holder of the permit has to have the gun hidden on them and not accessible to others in the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022 View Post

I live in North Ga too. Since I live in the Tn border I keep up with their rules too , they are trying to pass a bill where you can keep your weapon in your car at work and so forth. Problem is, it won't keep you from being fired for it.
AR 10 that's not always true, in Utah the castle doctrine extends to your vehicle, it has to be your vehicle, your name on the title/registration, and you can keep a loaded firearm in your car.

There is also a law that says it's unlawful for anyone to have a policy that says a person can't keep a firearm in their vehicle. As long as the vehicle is locked and the firearm can't be seen from the outside.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #193

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

AR 10 that's not always true, in Utah the castle doctrine extends to your vehicle, it has to be your vehicle, your name on the title/registration, and you can keep a loaded firearm in your car.

There is also a law that says it's unlawful for anyone to have a policy that says a person can't keep a firearm in their vehicle. As long as the vehicle is locked and the firearm can't be seen from the outside.
It's the same in most states throughout the deep South too. Not all apply the law on storing in a locked vehicle though, but in most, your vehicle is an extension of your home.

There are so many great resources to get informed on individual state laws, it's absolutely beyond stupid that anyone still quotes laws like they apply everywhere.

Here's a good one right here. I other everyone to read the disclaimers.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Last edited by trip286; 03-11-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #194

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

My employer , Norfolk Southern, will fire your butt if they find out you have a firearm in your car. The politician in Tn that wrote the law later admitted this law doesn't protect your job, even if or when this gets signed into law it's still their right to prohibit weapons on their property, it would just now mean you can't be prosecuted for it. Now with it being a union job , a few weeks later you can be right back to work but just the same, you are out of a check for a while.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/feb/28/bill-allowing-people-store-their-firearms-legally-/

Old 03-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #195

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm pretty sure she's speaking specifically of Utah, at least that's how I took it. There are several states that protect your right to keep your firearm in your car. Mississippi, I believe, may be one, but that excludes educational campuses.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I'm pretty sure she's speaking specifically of Utah, at least that's how I took it. There are several states that protect your right to keep your firearm in your car. Mississippi, I believe, may be one, but that excludes educational campuses.
Would make sense that they protect your job if they are going to write the bill though. Am I right?

Old 03-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #197

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022

My employer , Norfolk Southern, will fire your butt if they find out you have a firearm in your car. The politician in Tn that wrote the law later admitted this law doesn't protect your job, even if or when this gets signed into law it's still their right to prohibit weapons on their property, it would just now mean you can't be prosecuted for it. Now with it being a union job , a few weeks later you can be right back to work but just the same, you are out of a check for a while.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/feb/28/bill-allowing-people-store-their-firearms-legally-/
Not in indiana or kentucky, both states have laws that says if you have a ccw or handgun permit you can keep a pistol or long gun in your vehicle even if its parked on company property. The exception would be if it was a secure lot. They also cannot ask you if you have a gun in your car and they cant fire you for having one.

Heres a link explaining the law and its first lawsuit.
http://www.shrm.org/hrdisciplines/safetysecurity/articles/Pages/Indiana-Workplace-Gun-Law-Lawsuit.aspx

It went into effect March 18, 2010 and is called P.L. 90-2010. Btw, this link is for the indiana law which is nicknamed Indiana's "Take your gun to work law"

Im could be wrong about KY though, i was told by a friend who lives there they have a similar law but since i dont live there i never bothered to research it.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 03-12-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

Not in indiana or kentucky, both states have laws that says if you have a ccw or handgun permit you can keep a pistol or long gun in your vehicle even if its parked on company property. The exception would be if it was a secure lot. They also cannot ask you if you have a gun in your car and they cant fire you for having one.

Heres a link explaining the law and its first lawsuit.
http://www.shrm.org/hrdisciplines/safetysecurity/articles/Pages/Indiana-Workplace-Gun-Law-Lawsuit.aspx

It went into effect March 18, 2010 and is called P.L. 90-2010
I wish ours was like that. They have been talking about this law for a while, maybe in the future.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:08 AM   #199
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3373 Times on 1879 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022 View Post

Would make sense that they protect your job if they are going to write the bill though. Am I right?
I only know that's how it is in Utah. The only other state I've looked at was Wyoming and I can't really fine anything on it....

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #200

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

Until robbers rapists and spree killers respect life liberty and property why should anyone respect their regards.

Carrying a gun doesnt automatically make everyone around you unsafe. In fact its quite the opposite.

Here in wisconsin only a few weeks after the first ccw cards were issued a brand new ccw person was carrying in a prohibited gricery in milwaukee when two young thugs burst in with shotguns he shot one of them chasing them both out of the store. So what your saying is because there was a sign he should have respected it and him his wife the employees and other patrons should have been shotgunned to death...
No matter how many times i have said something aling the lines of this it gets shot down. So very well put.

Closed Thread