Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers - Page 18
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 12:50 AM   #171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixfix
Blah, blah, legal, blah, blah... How about a bit of respect for the rights of fellow Americans? Actually, forget about rights, can you please just respect the other person? The antics in this thread are a sad example of the kind of disrespect we exhibit for our fellow Americans today. Let's band together instead of arguing what is technically legal or not. Use common sense, if someone doesn't want you to carry on their property, RESPECT that. The reason we are able to enjoy gun ownership in this county is because we fought the English to keep them from infringing on our property rights. ......... sigh
Well said man

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 03-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #172

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396

All of the bars and restaurants in Corpus Christi are no smoking because of an city ordinance:sad
So are ALL public buildings in Louisville KY per city ordinance passed a couple years ago. Personally i think banning smoking in bars is plum stupid. It makes as much sense as going to a monster truck show and complaining about the noise.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #173
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
In MI, the laws are screwy. One can OC or CC carry in an establishment that sells packaged liquor, but only with a CPL... and this even includes the parking lot.

AXXE, if the sign does not carry the rule of law, does the sign actually exist?
even if the sign they use doesn't, isn't the implied intent being made as to what their wishes are? as it has been debated or discussed, just because something is legal to do, is it prudent or ethical or even moral to do? i think not.

i ask this question of anyone who has disagreed with me on this issue, what is so wrong with respecting the rights and wishes of someone else? why is it so hard for some few to make a choice rather than disrespect the rights or wishes of others?

want to change policies of these establishments? well those of you who feel the need to disregard those signs and feel the need to carry in spite of are making it harder to change those policies. take your business elsewhere and tell these establishments why. take out an editorial in the newspaper, send emails if possible to their business'. there are much better ways to send a message and still respect their rights or wishes, without disrespecting them. if you want change, then do it in a positive, mature and responsible manner.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #174

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

So are ALL public buildings in Louisville KY per city ordinance passed a couple years ago. Personally i think banning smoking in bars is plum stupid. It makes as much sense as going to a monster truck show and complaining about the noise.
I agree with you 100% on the upside though all the bars have bad ass patios with bars out side as well and they sell cigarettes.

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 03-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
I agree with you 100% on the upside though all the bars have bad ass patios with bars out side as well and they sell cigarettes.
a lot of clubs and restaurants have gone with outdoor patios simply because of these no smoking ordinances. they realized they would be losing a sizeable amount of sales if they didn't. lots of people like myself when i did go to the clubs and bars, smoked when they drank.

now when i go to a restaurant, i don't smoke and can wait until we get outside, so for strictly a place i'm eating, not smoking isn't an issue for me. and even though i do smoke, it would also irritate me when people were smoking while i was eating.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #176

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
a lot of clubs and restaurants have gone with outdoor patios simply because of these no smoking ordinances. they realized they would be losing a sizeable amount of sales if they didn't. lots of people like myself when i did go to the clubs and bars, smoked when they drank.

now when i go to a restaurant, i don't smoke and can wait until we get outside, so for strictly a place i'm eating, not smoking isn't an issue for me. and even though i do smoke, it would also irritate me when people were smoking while i was eating.
I go to Chili's, Applebees & Outback-
The bars are smoking friendly

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
I go to Chili's, Applebees & Outback-
The bars are smoking friendly
our Applebee's is too. the few times the wife and i do go out to a club with friends, ours are smoker friendly as well.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #178
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2032 Times on 1061 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396

Well said man
Just remember that there are those who will type until their fingers bleed squashing what they see as incorrect thinking. Firearms forums have thought police too.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #179
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2032 Times on 1061 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

Not everyone who drinks also smokes. It's obnoxious to breathe second hand smoke and I'm glad I don't have to in my state.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #180

Liked 378 Times on 251 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I must say, this thread is a great read. I truly enjoyed it

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Closed Thread