Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #161
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 250 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong

I didnt know we were arguing ethics,I thought it was simply a topic of legality we were discussing.

And I do respect the right of shopowners to disregard my right to self defense while in their establishment by simply not using their service or doing business with them.
You are right to do that. Perhaps the shopowner will realize one day that he is losing a lot of income from the growing number of CCers and rethink his policy. 'Til then, we can only patronize those that believe as we do... The safety of us and our families and our peace of mind is foremost.

Thank you for realizing where we were coming from in the discussion, and continue to battle for our legal rights while respecting the rights of others.

Perhaps we should have asked you to expand on your viewpoint in the discussion. Knowing that you were arguing fine points of laws might have taken us in a different direction.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #162

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz

it doesn't matter of the sign is legal or not - if there is a sign, respect the owners wishes. Can't you understand that simple concept. He doesn't want your business if it means allowing guns on his property. How hard is that to understand ?
Why did you quote axxe what you said is what he's been saying this whole time lol go back and read the rest of the thread.

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 03-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #163

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender

You are very wrong there! You are not breaking the law. At least in oregon. The ontly time it would be breaking the law is if the owner asks you to leave and you refuse. Then its tresspassing. Its simple. And you seem to think that its a law. Its not a law. No where does it say I cant carry in any establishment. No matter what is posted. The only time you would EVER break the law is when you don't leave when asked. The law clearly states that any persons with a chl can carry in any public buildings. Minus federal and courts etc. .
As is here in indiana, which ive stated several times already. Those signs carry no legal weight here in indiana so no, im not breaking the law. I know the laws in my state, so dont assume because its not legal in your state that isnt legal i mine.

Btw i dont recall calling anyone names or disrespecting anyone. I respect everyone's opinion but it seems like certain people start acting like smartasses when you disagree with them and thats when my respect disappears.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 03-09-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #164
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396

Why did you quote axxe what you said is what he's been saying this whole time lol go back and read the rest of the thread.
I read the whole thread. Apparently you didn't get the point Axxe was making. As for my quoting him, it was accidental, but at least was in support of what he was saying, and I don't need your sarcastic comments which add nothing.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz

I read the whole thread. Apparently you didn't get the point Axxe was making. As for my quoting him, it was accidental, but at least was in support of what he was saying, and I don't need your sarcastic comments which add nothing.
alrighty then I was just trying to clarify did not mean for it to sound sarcastic

Old 03-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #166
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19603 Times on 11127 Posts
Likes Given: 49355

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
alrighty then I was just trying to clarify did not mean for it to sound sarcastic
if you read all of Jgoertz's posts on this subject you would seen it was readily apparent he supports and feels the same as i do.

those who feel, that their rights to carry, override those of a property owner and feel the need to disregard signs and the rights of others, so they may feel secure, IMO are more of a liability than an asset to the gun owners cause.

i support and defend the 2nd amendment in it's entirety, not partially or part of it, but the whole amendment, the way it was written. i am also a member of the NRA and support and advocate more people carrying firearms. but in no way will i say at any point that a person's right to carry, ever trumps that of a property owner. bounderies need to be respected at all times. even when we disagree with the reason why.

case in point, i smoke, and i refuse to go into a place where i can't. smoking is my right and my choice. the few times i do go to a place that has a no smoking policy, i don't smoke. i respect their right to prohibit such activity. but for the most part, i just don't do business in places that have a no smoking policy. that is where making a choice comes in and doing things in an adult an mature manner.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #167

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

case in point, i smoke, and i refuse to go into a place where i can't. smoking is my right and my choice. the few times i do go to a place that has a no smoking policy, i don't smoke. i respect their right to prohibit such activity. but for the most part, i just don't do business in places that have a no smoking policy. that is where making a choice comes in and doing things in an adult an mature manner.
You're a considerate smoker, i appreciate that, as does my wife and kids. I cant tell you how many times we'll be sitting at a baseball game or a resturant with a no smoking policy and some jackass lights up. I can deal with a little smoke, but my wife cant. She starts to cough, eyes tear up, cant breath and not to mention what cig smoke can do to a 6 month old baby's lungs. Ive been known to reach over a flick that cancer stick out of somebody's lips and say no smoking. You may think its silly for me to say that given my take on this conversation but the way i see it, my choice to conceal a firearm and carry everywhere doesnt give innocent people in my vicinity cancer. My pistol doesnt emit clouds of heavy smoke, full of human carcinegens.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

if you read all of Jgoertz's posts on this subject you would seen it was readily apparent he supports and feels the same as i do.

those who feel, that their rights to carry, override those of a property owner and feel the need to disregard signs and the rights of others, so they may feel secure, IMO are more of a liability than an asset to the gun owners cause.

i support and defend the 2nd amendment in it's entirety, not partially or part of it, but the whole amendment, the way it was written. i am also a member of the NRA and support and advocate more people carrying firearms. but in no way will i say at any point that a person's right to carry, ever trumps that of a property owner. bounderies need to be respected at all times. even when we disagree with the reason why.

All of the bars and restaurants in Corpus Christi are no smoking because of an city ordinance:sad

Old 03-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #169
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 740 Times on 453 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscat89 View Post
If its illegal to carry in any establishment that makes most of its money on alcohol sales, is it illegal to carry in a liquor store?
In MI, the laws are screwy. One can OC or CC carry in an establishment that sells packaged liquor, but only with a CPL... and this even includes the parking lot.

AXXE, if the sign does not carry the rule of law, does the sign actually exist?

Old 03-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #170

Liked 26 Times on 16 Posts

Blah, blah, legal, blah, blah... How about a bit of respect for the rights of fellow Americans? Actually, forget about rights, can you please just respect the other person? The antics in this thread are a sad example of the kind of disrespect we exhibit for our fellow Americans today. Let's band together instead of arguing what is technically legal or not. Use common sense, if someone doesn't want you to carry on their property, RESPECT that. The reason we are able to enjoy gun ownership in this county is because we fought the English to keep them from infringing on our property rights. ......... sigh

Closed Thread