Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers - Page 16
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz View Post
Axxe , I admire your patience for carrying the flag for those of us that try to use a little common sense and respect the rights of others. I fear though you are pizzing into the wind and burning electrons to no avail. There are always people that will use confrontation and ARGUE that their way is the only way. Or use twisted logic or what ifs to defeat what should be straight forward consideration and respect for another law-abiding citizens desires.
Yeah- plus the fact there will always be those who are convinced that THEIR rights are MUCH more important & enforceable than any other law abiding citizens
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #152
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Yeah- plus the fact there will always be those who are convinced that THEIR rights are MUCH more important & enforceable than any other law abiding citizens
that is pretty much exactly the way i see it. it boils down to respecting other rights. and how can someone expect others to respect their rights, when they refuse to respect those of others. IMO, you cant.

respect is two way street. you get respect by giving respect. very simple.
People Like This 
Old 03-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #153

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
that is pretty much exactly the way i see it. it boils down to respecting other rights. and how can someone expect others to respect their rights, when they refuse to respect those of others. IMO, you cant.

It SHOULD be that simple----
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
It SHOULD be that simple----
it is if you follow the Golden Rule. treat others as you wish to be treated.

common sense and reason. something some seem to be lacking this day and age Hossfly.
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 03-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #155

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

I was under the impression that those signs only have force of law in states that have laws written in which they say they carry force of law,these provisions are usually followed by guidelines and rules dictating what exactly the signs must look like and say to be considered law.

My state has such a law,many others do as well. And some do not.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
I was under the impression that those signs only have force of law in states that have laws written in which they say they carry force of law,these provisions are usually followed by guidelines and rules dictating what exactly the signs must look like and say to be considered law.

My state has such a law,many others do as well. And some do not.
the weight of the law and what the owner is trying to convey, even if his sign isn't legal, may be tow different things, but even if his sign isn't legal by the states legal statutes, i think his message is pretty clear and his rights should be respected as a property owner. just how i feel about it.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #157
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 266 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Exactly. To paraphrase you: what is law and what is common sense consideration may not be the same.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #158
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 266 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

the weight of the law and what the owner is trying to convey, even if his sign isn't legal, may be tow different things, but even if his sign isn't legal by the states legal statutes, i think his message is pretty clear and his rights should be respected as a property owner. Just how i feel about it.
it doesn't matter of the sign is legal or not - if there is a sign, respect the owners wishes. Can't you understand that simple concept. He doesn't want your business if it means allowing guns on his property. How hard is that to understand ?
People Like This 
Old 03-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #159

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz

it doesn't matter of the sign is legal or not - if there is a sign, respect the owners wishes. Can't you understand that simple concept. He doesn't want your business if it means allowing guns on his property. How hard is that to understand ?
I didnt know we were arguing ethics,I thought it was simply a topic of legality we were discussing.

And I do respect the right of shopowners to disregard my right to self defense while in their establishment by simply not using their service or doing business with them.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #160

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

no sir, you're quite wrong again! even if it's not a law, you are still disrespecting another persons rights and wishes. if they have a sign whether it be no guns allowed or no trespassing, you know in your mind that you are doing something wrong. you know they don't want firearms on there premises and you know it's not your property. so like i said you twist all the facts around and rationalize and justify it anyway you want to, but you know that it's wrong.

in Texas, i don't even have to ask you to leave. i pick the phone up, make a call and you get a free trip to the county lock-up. that's a fact. delude yourself into believing what ever makes fou feel better.
Im not wrong. It is now a law! As you said it was.

Closed Thread