Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Damn man, seems a little harsh to say to someone for not argreeing with you.
Get sick of hearing the same ole shet over & over-
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #132
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Damn man, seems a little harsh to say to someone for not argreeing with you.
reality is a harsh fact. people want to make statements and when they get an opposing viewpoint based on reality and get simple facts thrown at them they want to attack or start telling others to not say anything.


i have always spoken my mind and will voice my opposition at what i don't agree with and i call things the way i see them. if i think something, then i say something. if people can't stand facing the realities of life shown to them, then they can go live with Alice in Wonderland.

blunt truth is, that a property owners rights, trump your rights to carry if they want to prohibit carrying a firearm on their property. that's a fact and the law will uphold that fact. IMO, if the property owner wants to prohibit carrying, then that's their right and by diregarding that, a person is IMO, selfish and inconsiderate. simply because there are other choices. i don't like the signs that prohibit either, and i strongly disagree with them, but i will abide and respect them and would go somewhere else to do business. really i don't that as being that difficult decision to make.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 03-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #133
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gearhead396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 953
Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Default

Looks like this is a pretty divided issue. I like heated debates:cool

__________________

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

gearhead396 is offline  
 
Old 03-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #134
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
Looks like this is a pretty divided issue. I like heated debates:cool
there is no debate. the law will side with a property owner. you get caught carrying when it's prohibited by the property owner, you are technically breaking the law. it's really that simple.

so what is there to debate? either a person will abide by the law or they choose to disregard it and break the law. IMO, it give more evidence for the liberal anti-gunners to see us gun owners and those who carry as a bunch of lawbreakers. disregarding the law and the rights of others does nothing but help them and hurt us.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 03-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #135
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gearhead396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 953
Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

there is no debate. the law will side with a property owner. you get caught carrying when it's prohibited by the property owner, you are technically breaking the law. it's really that simple.

so what is there to debate? either a person will abide by the law or they choose to disregard it and break the law. IMO, it give more evidence for the liberal anti-gunners to see us gun owners and those who carry as a bunch of lawbreakers. disregarding the law and the rights of others does nothing but help them and hurt us.
I hear what your saying and you make a good point. And I agree with you up to a point but like I said in my earlier statement they need to prohibit carrying a gun in their store by doing it the right way and getting a registered sign from the state. Those no gun sign from harbor freight carries no legal weight.
__________________

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

gearhead396 is offline  
 
Old 03-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #136
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
I hear what your saying and you make a good point. And I agree with you up to a point but like I said in my earlier statement they need to prohibit carrying a gun in their store by doing it the right way and getting a registered sign from the state. Those no gun sign from harbor freight carries no legal weight.
yes in Texas, you are correct, and i am sure most other states it's probably the same about the sign, it doesn't carry any legal weight that's something i agree with, but i think that the intent of what they are trying to convey is pretty loud and clear. they don't want you carrying on their property. i would go elsewhere. very simple.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 03-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #137
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jgoertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 483
Liked 264 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Default

Axe is right and this subject has been beaten to a liquified pulp. Let's move on.

__________________

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

jgoertz is offline  
 
Old 03-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #138
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

there is no debate. the law will side with a property owner. you get caught carrying when it's prohibited by the property owner, you are technically breaking the law. it's really that simple.

so what is there to debate? either a person will abide by the law or they choose to disregard it and break the law. IMO, it give more evidence for the liberal anti-gunners to see us gun owners and those who carry as a bunch of lawbreakers. disregarding the law and the rights of others does nothing but help them and hurt us.
You are very wrong there! You are not breaking the law. At least in oregon. The ontly time it would be breaking the law is if the owner asks you to leave and you refuse. Then its tresspassing. Its simple. And you seem to think that its a law. Its not a law. No where does it say I cant carry in any establishment. No matter what is posted. The only time you would EVER break the law is when you don't leave when asked. The law clearly states that any persons with a chl can carry in any public buildings. Minus federal and courts etc. .
__________________
WillBender is offline  
 
Old 03-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #139
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
You are very wrong there! You are not breaking the law. At least in oregon. The ontly time it would be breaking the law is if the owner asks you to leave and you refuse. Then its tresspassing. Its simple. And you seem to think that its a law. Its not a law. No where does it say I cant carry in any establishment. No matter what is posted. The only time you would EVER break the law is when you don't leave when asked. The law clearly states that any persons with a chl can carry in any public buildings. Minus federal and courts etc. .
no sir. you are quite wrong! if they have a sign that they want to prohibit you carrying within their establishment, and you are carrying, you are technically breaking the law, whether they caharge you or not. they wouldn't have the sign if they didn't want you to carry on their property. Texas is the same way as far as the sign. but you feel it's alright to go against others rights because you can't reason with simple facts. they con't want someone carrying and they have that right as a property owner.

you can try and justify it or rationalize it anyway that makes you feel better, but the simple fact is you're wrong, selfish and inconsiderate of other peoples rights and wishes.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 03-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #140
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Byron0022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 617
Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

I'm pretty sure in Georgia if any sign is posted saying they don't want firearms on their property it's considered valid. I think thus also considered your warning, I could be wrong though. I follow the law as far as carrying and alcohol goes and honestly I avoid places that doesn't allow me to carry.

__________________
Byron0022 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
As Concealed Carriers could we? Wiebelhaus Politics, Religion and Controversy 24 10-04-2012 03:07 PM
Open carry prohibited in California havasu Legal and Activism 45 10-14-2011 07:51 AM
Superman a ‘prohibited person’ opaww Legal and Activism 16 05-10-2011 09:00 PM
Any Licensed Display Pyrotechnics on here? RJCXJ The Club House 3 06-28-2010 02:05 PM