Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #111
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21326 Times on 12099 Posts
Likes Given: 53124

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscat89 View Post
It's all just the beginning, first they tell you you can't carry in restaurants, then you can't carry in your car, then before you know it, guns are illegal and your nation is overrun.

Don't think it's possible, that it "couldn't" happen.... Tell that to Poland.
last time i checked, this ain't Poland and we have the NRA and how many gun owners in this country? 10 million IIRC.

you're just trying to justify your position and very poorly i might add. if a person posts a sign on the front of their business, saying they don't want firearms on the premises, that is their right to do so. whether you agree or disagree, their rights need to be upheld. your carry rights are not being infringed, just that they have the right to set the rules on their premises.

don't like the sign on the front of a business, then go somewhere else that doesn't have one. that way you are respecting the rights of others, and are still able to carry to protect yourself and your family. pretty simple to me.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #112

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

last time i checked, this ain't Poland and we have the NRA and how many gun owners in this country? 10 million IIRC.

you're just trying to justify your position and very poorly i might add. if a person posts a sign on the front of their business, saying they don't want firearms on the premises, that is their right to do so. whether you agree or disagree, their rights need to be upheld. your carry rights are not being infringed, just that they have the right to set the rules on their premises.

don't like the sign on the front of a business, then go somewhere else that doesn't have one. that way you are respecting the rights of others, and are still able to carry to protect yourself and your family. pretty simple to me.
Lol, I was being sarcastic about the whole Poland thing. Just tryin to add a little humor to a pretty harsh argument.

And I totally agree, when an establishment has a sign on the front door that says in bold print "NO FIREARMS", I respect it and iether don't carry or go somewhere els. My only argument is the places that have signs that say "WELCOM TO _____", and then in tiny letters say "no guns". I just think it would make things a whole lot easier if everyone had to abide by the same laws that are established with a ccp. If you open your establishment to the public, anyone with a ccp can carry a gun unless the law states otherwise, like in some states, anywhere that makes most of thier income on alcohol. Because you know if longhorns put up a sign that said "NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED ON PREMISIS", the entire community would go hostile. But for some reason our country has made it ok for someone to say "NO GUNS", even though those of us with ccps paid money to the government for a liscense to carry.

That's all I'm saying, is it would make things easier on everyone.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #113

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49

There's nothing that requires you to be on my private property, in my restaurant, at my place of business. Therefore, your second amendment rights are not being infringed by my asking you, if you are armed and I don't care for armed folks to be on my property, to stay off the premises.

It's really quite simple. I don't understand why this has been turned into such an issue. You may carry whereever it is legally permitted. I have legal backing if I choose not to permit carry on my premises.
And nothing required those people to be in the aurora theater either but look how that ended, just because of a stupid sign and some inconsiderate business owner. I bet he feels like a real d' bag now huh, if he doesnt he should.

I usually dont patronize businesses that deny my 2nd amendment right but sometimes you dont have a choice. In those situations i just make sure its concealed well and get in a out as soon as possible because here in indiana those signs have no legal weight. Id rather be asked to leave than get shot bcause of a stupid sign.

Thats just my opinion, dont like it sorry but thats how i feel about it.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 03-06-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #114

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

And nothing required those people to be in the aurora theater either but look how that ended, just because of a stupid sign and some inconsiderate business owner. I bet he feels like a real d' bag now huh, if he doesnt he should.

I usually dont patronize businesses that deny my 2nd amendment right but sometimes you dont have a choice. In those situations i just make sure its concealed well and get in a out as soon as possible because here in indiana those signs have no legal weight. Id rather be asked to leave than get shot bcause of a stupid sign.

Thats just my opinion, dont like it sorry but thats how i feel about it.
Finally someone who gets it

Old 03-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #115

Quote:
Lol, I was being sarcastic about the whole Poland thing. Just tryin to add a little humor to a pretty harsh argument.

And I totally agree, when an establishment has a sign on the front door that says in bold print "NO FIREARMS", I respect it and iether don't carry or go somewhere els. My only argument is the places that have signs that say "WELCOM TO _____", and then in tiny letters say "no guns". I just think it would make things a whole lot easier if everyone had to abide by the same laws that are established with a ccp. If you open your establishment to the public, anyone with a ccp can carry a gun unless the law states otherwise, like in some states, anywhere that makes most of thier income on alcohol. Because you know if longhorns put up a sign that said "NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED ON PREMISIS", the entire community would go hostile. But for some reason our country has made it ok for someone to say "NO GUNS", even though those of us with ccps paid money to the government for a liscense to carry.

That's all I'm saying, is it would make things easier on everyone.
the thing is a property owner doesn't and isn't required to abide by your or anyone else's CC permit and firearm. and that's their choice. as much as i advocate CC, i will have to side with the property owners rights on this issue.

property owners rights trump your right to carry if they restrict such. this is the last i have to say on this. i think my position is pretty clear and saying anymore is just redundant and harping on the subject.

if you choose to disregard other rights and wishes and it makes you feel like a bigger person because you feel your rights are more important than a property owners, then so be it. do as you wish and it seems i would be wasting my time in trying to enlighten you as to the realities of things. i hope it doesn't come back to bite you in the azz one day. have a nice night.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #116

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

the thing is a property owner doesn't and isn't required to abide by your or anyone else's CC permit and firearm. and that's their choice. as much as i advocate CC, i will have to side with the property owners rights on this issue.

property owners rights trump your right to carry if they restrict such. this is the last i have to say on this. i think my position is pretty clear and saying anymore is just redundant and harping on the subject.

if you choose to disregard other rights and wishes and it makes you feel like a bigger person because you feel your rights are more important than a property owners, then so be it. do as you wish and it seems i would be wasting my time in trying to enlighten you as to the realities of things. i hope it doesn't come back to bite you in the azz one day. have a nice night.
I agree, I'm just sayin it would make things better for the community if those property owners who opened thier property to the public had to allow cc, just like some places have to be wheelchair accessible when open to the public. In my oppinion

Old 03-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #117

Quote:
I agree, I'm just sayin it would make things better for the community if those property owners who opened thier property to the public had to allow cc, just like some places have to be wheelchair accessible when open to the public. In my oppinion
well that's really just one very idiotic comparison! really did you make such an assinine statement?

a person in a wheelchair vs. a person with CC? FYI, a person in a wheelchair isn't there out of choice. a person carrying does have choices. either remove said firearm or go somewhere else.

did you forget to install your brain this morning or what?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #118

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

well that's really just one very idiotic comparison! really did you make such an assinine statement?

a person in a wheelchair vs. a person with CC? FYI, a person in a wheelchair isn't there out of choice. a person carrying does have choices. either remove said firearm or go somewhere else.

did you forget to install your brain this morning or what?
I wasn't comparing them, I was using the wheelchair accessible point just to say that there are certain things the property owner has to go by whether he wants to or not. Not saying a person with a ccp and a person in a wheelchair are the same. I admit it wasn't the best analogy.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:33 AM   #119

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

Finally someone who gets it
Oh trust me, read the first half if the thread. All it is is me trying for this position. Wasnt until now that others are saying there opinion. Like I said before, when I conceal I do it right. No one will know. And if for some reason they find out and ask me to leave I will. But when the time comes where me or my family is at risk the business owner who put the sign up can kiss my azz. And im sure my wife and arent going to be the only ones who are thankful we carry.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:40 AM   #120

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender

Oh trust me, read the first half if the thread. All it is is me trying for this position. Wasnt until now that others are saying there opinion. Like I said before, when I conceal I do it right. No one will know. And if for some reason they find out and ask me to leave I will. But when the time comes where me or my family is at risk the business owner who put the sign up can kiss my azz. And im sure my wife and arent going to be the only ones who are thankful we carry.
There's a few of us. But there's a lot of people out there who won't be ready when the $h1t hits the fan

Closed Thread