Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Yeah- I'm sure he flys a flag & shouts "I'm proud to be an American"
I served my country for 6 years, I did 2 tours in afghanistan, 1 in Iraq, and came home on medical discharge to be treated like scum. I watched friends who I consider brothers be shipped home in bags. I'd still be there today if I hadnt enlisted in marine scout sniper school. I got to California and had a sezure. I was stopped in my tracks on my way of accomplishing my life long dream of being a scout sniper. I ask God every single day why He wouldn't allow me to go on.

Maybe I do have a lack of respect for others rights, I shouldn't, but when I spent the best years of my life fighting for my countries rights, it's a little hard to accept it when they try to limit mine.

You're right, I do fly a flag and yell I'm proud to be an American. I also display my grandfathers flag for serving in WWII and Korea, also my fathers flag for serving in Vietnam. But I am no kid with a learners permit and my first handgun.

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone on this thread with what I'v said. I just value my family's life a little more than a no carry sign.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #102

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49

Actually, it's not.

Your second amendment rights do not trump my private property rights.

It's that simple. You can't pick and choose which rights and laws you decide you'll recognize and which ones you won't - and still have an orderly society ruled by law - not men.
Actually....

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

You can argue what your oppinion of a well regulated militia is, but you can't get any more clear on "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #103

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscat89 View Post
I served my country for 6 years, I did 2 tours in afghanistan, 1 in Iraq, and came home on medical discharge to be treated like scum. I watched friends who I consider brothers be shipped home in bags. I'd still be there today if I hadnt enlisted in marine scout sniper school. I got to California and had a sezure. I was stopped in my tracks on my way of accomplishing my life long dream of being a scout sniper. I ask God every single day why He wouldn't allow me to go on.

Maybe I do have a lack of respect for others rights, I shouldn't, but when I spent the best years of my life fighting for my countries rights, it's a little hard to accept it when they try to limit mine.

You're right, I do fly a flag and yell I'm proud to be an American. I also display my grandfathers flag for serving in WWII and Korea, also my fathers flag for serving in Vietnam. But I am no kid with a learners permit and my first handgun.

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone on this thread with what I'v said. I just value my family's life a little more than a no carry sign.
Well golle gee wizz--I'm sorry-
I didn't realize you were the only one to serve-----
Go right ahead & shet on everyone else's right & enjoy yours

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #104

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

Well golle gee wizz--I'm sorry-
I didn't realize you were the only one to serve-----
Go right ahead & shet on everyone else's right & enjoy yours
Did I ever say I was the only one?
Golle gee wizz you're a moron---
All I was saying is that I'm not some punk kid with a glock who thinks I'm a badass and nobody can tell me what to do. I'm a middle aged father just trying to make ends meet. And I'm not going to let a sign in Applebee's tell me I can't be prepared when and if it came down to protecting my family. You say that's selfish and disrespectful? Have you ever in your life walked in wal-Mart throu the door that says "EXIT?"... How disrespectful of you. Have you ever stood in a parking lot with a no loitering sign for more than the time it takes to walk to your car?... How disrespectful!!!

Like I said before, I'll be explaining to police why I had a gun to defend myself before my or my daughters obituary says killed by an assassin.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #105

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscat89 View Post
Did I ever say I was the only one?
Golle gee wizz you're a moron---
All I was saying is that I'm not some punk kid with a glock who thinks I'm a badass and nobody can tell me what to do. I'm a middle aged father just trying to make ends meet. And I'm not going to let a sign in Applebee's tell me I can't be prepared when and if it came down to protecting my family. You say that's selfish and disrespectful? Have you ever in your life walked in wal-Mart throu the door that says "EXIT?"... How disrespectful of you. Have you ever stood in a parking lot with a no loitering sign for more than the time it takes to walk to your car?... How disrespectful!!!

Like I said before, I'll be explaining to police why I had a gun to defend myself before my or my daughters obituary says killed by an assassin.
Whatever big boy- I can see you're much to smart & important for me to converse with-- Hell, take my rights too- you're much more deserving

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #106

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

Whatever big boy- I can see you're much to smart & important for me to converse with-- Hell, take my rights too- you're much more deserving
I never said I deserved anything more than anybody, I never called myself smart or important. I just stated my opinion. And your opinion is just as important as anything I say. I respect you and your argument completely.
Hell, i was just enjoying a good debate while I sit at work waitin on somthin to do. Never ment to offend nobody, or take anybody's rights.

I joined this blog for a good discussion and maybe to even learn somethin.

Didnt mean for it to turn hostile, or make anyone mad.

You get where I'm coming from?

Old 03-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #107

Liked 198 Times on 137 Posts

Is his position really much different than the rest of us? I dont think it is, i cant tell you how many times ive heard the phrase, "Id rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6" on this forum.

Honestly i dont see why our 2nd amendment rights would ever take a backseat to property ownership. Are we not entitled to protecting ourselves if we are on someone elses property? The way i see it the 2nd amendment says, "shall not be infringed", it doesnt say its void if you're on private property.

Btw, when my wife and i were looking to buy a house i carried to every single showing.

Just my 2 cents.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #108

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Is his position really much different than the rest of us? I dont think it is, i cant tell you how many times ive heard the phrase, "Id rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6" on this forum.

Honestly i dont see why our 2nd amendment rights would ever take a backseat to property ownership. Are we not entitled to protecting ourselves if we are on someone elses property? The way i see it the 2nd amendment says, "shall not be infringed", it doesnt say its void if you're on private property.

Btw, when my wife and i were looking to buy a house i carried to every single showing.

Just my 2 cents.
There's nothing that requires you to be on my private property, in my restaurant, at my place of business. Therefore, your second amendment rights are not being infringed by my asking you, if you are armed and I don't care for armed folks to be on my property, to stay off the premises.

It's really quite simple. I don't understand why this has been turned into such an issue. You may carry whereever it is legally permitted. I have legal backing if I choose not to permit carry on my premises.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

People Like This 
Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #109
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16853 Times on 9764 Posts
Likes Given: 43911

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49 View Post
There's nothing that requires you to be on my private property, in my restaurant, at my place of business. Therefore, your second amendment rights are not being infringed by my asking you, if you are armed and I don't care for armed folks to be on my property, to stay off the premises.

It's really quite simple. I don't understand why this has been turned into such an issue. You may carry whereever it is legally permitted. I have legal backing if I choose not to permit carry on my premises.
Treehugger, some seem to think that their right to carry trumps and over rules a property owners right to restrict whatever he so chooses. they seem to think this is an infringement of their 2nd amendment rights. it's not an infringement, it's the property owners right to do as he wants not those who are guests of his establishment.

for me the choice has always been very simple, if i don't agree with their policies whatever they may be, i will take my business elsewhere. why thy can't see this is beyond me. simply put, it's just reeks of a total lack of respect for others.

i a person wants his rights respected then a person needs to learn to respect the rights of others. you gotta give sometimes to get.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #110

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It's all just the beginning, first they tell you you can't carry in restaurants, then you can't carry in your car, then before you know it, guns are illegal and your nation is overrun.

Don't think it's possible, that it "couldn't" happen.... Tell that to Poland.

Closed Thread