Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Prohibited places for licensed concealed carriers

Just out of curiosity I am aware of Oregon law that you can carry in any public building with your concealed permit. Wondering others input and maybe different laws in other states. Thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-20-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20073 Times on 11419 Posts
Likes Given: 50632

always check your states carry laws. different states have different restrictions. some states you can carry in a bar as long as you're not drinking, some states you can't even if not drinking. best suggestion, study up on the laws in your state to be on the right side of the law.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
always check your states carry laws. different states have different restrictions. some states you can carry in a bar as long as you're not drinking, some states you can't even if not drinking. best suggestion, study up on the laws in your state to be on the right side of the law.
I know in Oregon you can carry in any public place. A bar as well but it's illegal to be intoxicated with a weapon but only to the legal limit(.08)

Old 02-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
I know in Oregon you can carry in any public place. A bar as well but it's illegal to be intoxicated with a weapon but only to the legal limit(.08)
some states you can drink but not be legally intoxicated, and some you can carry but not be drinking if carrying. personally, speaking IMO, if carrying and it was legal to carry and even drink, i still feel guns and alcohol in any combination is bad. simply because, just like being involved in a car accident and having been drinking, but under the legal limit, you can still be charged with a DWI or DUI in many states. they could apply the same reasoning if you left a bar and had been drinking and had to use your CC pistol to defend yourself. IMO, that opens up too large a can of worms as to a prosecutor or an attorney for the BG you shot to use circumstances that maybe you were impaired and didn't use good judgement. just my opinions on this .
Old 02-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #5
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 883 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Most states, churches are banned from CC.

In Nebraska, zero tollerance for alcohol and CC. If a establishment derives over half their income from alcohol sales, no CC.

Hospitals, government buildings, schools, voting places, or any business where it is posted no CC.

In a glove box is OK, if you are alone in the car. If you have passengers, everyone must have a CW permit to hide a gun in the vehicle. If some passenger does not have a CW permit, the holder of the permit has to have the gun hidden on them and not accessible to others in the car.

Last edited by AR10; 02-20-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

some states you can drink but not be legally intoxicated, and some you can carry but not be drinking if carrying. personally, speaking IMO, if carrying and it was legal to carry and even drink, i still feel guns and alcohol in any combination is bad. simply because, just like being involved in a car accident and having been drinking, but under the legal limit, you can still be charged with a DWI or DUI in many states. they could apply the same reasoning if you left a bar and had been drinking and had to use your CC pistol to defend yourself. IMO, that opens up too large a can of worms as to a prosecutor or an attorney for the BG you shot to use circumstances that maybe you were impaired and didn't use good judgement. just my opinions on this .
For sure. I dont personally think they should be mixed at all either.
Their have been a few people that have fought the signing of which no weapons are allowed such as on schools or some stores or even on some police departments. Oregon law states any public buildings. You should check this link out. Had me really wondering what some people are thinking or why. http://www.oregonfirearms.org/chl-central/prohibited-places

Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

A lot of states allow it but the business themselves may not if they are private owned it is their rights to disallow conceal carry. Someone said that Buffalo Wild Wings doesn't allow it haven't actually looked myself but I know a lot of places here in Indiana have it posted on their doors as to whether they allow it

Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #8

i will add my opinion, that a property owners rights trump your rights to carry into their property. i have been flamed several times for this opinion, but i will stand by it and not be moved. if a business owner doesn't want people carrying into their establishment, then respect their rights. either don't carry or do business elsewhere is my position. vote with your wallet, but respect others rights if you want your rights respected.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #9

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I don't believe you are allowed to carry weapons in Federal Offices such as post offices courts etc.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #10

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

thats right and in most states you cant carry in schools and churches i would double check your states laws.