private transfer of a handgun - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > private transfer of a handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 03:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

LIving in FL I do have a CCW permit. I am planning on buying a gun from my friends DAD who is 85 and doesn't want it anymore. He is the origianl owner/purchaser of the gun from a gun shop. What to I need to complete the sale. Is a bill of sale recommended and do I have to register the gun once it is in my possession. Help will be appreciated.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:51 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

As long as you satisfy the criteria for legal ownership of a handgun and are a Florida resident, you're good to go. There's no legal requirement to complete a bill of sale. You don't have to register the gun. You don't have to notify anyone. Pay the man...take the gun...head for the range.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 02-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Go to a gun shop. In CT they charge $50 to transfer ownership.
But that way it is in the computers that you no longer own that firearm.

Work the transfer price into the selling price.
In Ct according to the State posting as long as both parties have the permits carry or otherwise you can do the transfer with the proper paperwork without using a ffl dealer.

DPS: Firearms

link to ct laws reguarding transfers.