Privacy Security?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Privacy Security?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
Tex
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Privacy Security?

What happens to all of the confidential private information and fingerprints you submit to state, local and federal law enforcement AFTER you have been approved for a conceal carry license?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #2

Do not know but i know my fingerprints and background info are on record. As i am an Aussie going thru all the crap of getting my Work Authority and permanent Residence . I've seen my file that DHS has and it's about 2 or 3 inches thick

Rogue Aussie

Old 08-05-2007, 06:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
What happens to all of the confidential private information and fingerprints you submit to state, local and federal law enforcement AFTER you have been approved for a conceal carry license?
Wait you mean you didn't have submit a semen sample too?????

I am guessing that it goes into a national database for when you decide to go on a shooting spree. Course it can also go into someones apartment and then get stolen like a bunch of military records.... that was interesting. Thank you feds appreciatted that.

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." George S. Patton

www.sabrearms.com
www.sabrearmsairsoft.com

Old 08-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #4

Default Wherever it is, some bureaucrat will misuse it.

That it is guaranteed.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:21 AM   #5

What I get tired of is submitting 2 sets of fingerprints every time...In my case, I'm up for renewal on my CCW permit....I guess they want to be doubly sure I'm the same person renewing my permit...
Some agency is getting rich with all my print cards over the years...

Old 08-06-2007, 12:05 PM   #6

It goes into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). As public record and as a practical matter, your data is neither private nor secure. The whole purpose of NCIC is to share data.

Read about it here. It's kind of funny when you consider a bunch of goverment employees are in charge of it.

NCIC Description