"Printing" your CC - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > "Printing" your CC

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 12:42 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Golden rule time, kiddies. If you can't discuss and debate without the flames, you will be given either a time out or flat out banned. Everyone here is an adult. ACT like it.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:47 AM   #22

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

2hot2handle isn't an adult. Na na na boo boo. lol

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 03-24-2010, 02:34 AM   #23

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Darin put his thoughts on it, so that is one LEO.

I agree NGIB that robo needs to stop in. It would be better if there were reply after reply from all the LEOs here, just a thought. Think about it, if all the next few threads there from robo, scubie, Glass, Brad (new SM)--just off the top of my head. I know there are others.
I should explain from my perspective a bit more. If you are printing, technically you're not concealed but here again every situation has to be judged individually and by its own merit. As a cop you can come across many different situations that will play out very differently.

Some guy who is walking around the mall stretching his arms to "pull" his shirt up, putting his hand on the gun and pretty much making every effort to advertise that he is carrying a gun, is completely different than a man who bends over to pick up his keys and the grip becomes pronounced through his shirt.

Just the same as a guy wearing a tight fitting shirt that he obviously knew outlined his carry versus a guy who is wearing a shirt that shows a slight bulge on his side.

There is no way to "stamp" a one size fits all answer when the circumstances can be so subjective. It depends on the cop, the person, their attitude, the efforts or lack there of to conceal the weapon, etc.

Sorry for the black and white rant earlier, I was more addressing the person and not the question from the OP.

I hope this sheds some light on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Golden rule time, kiddies. If you can't discuss and debate without the flames, you will be given either a time out or flat out banned. Everyone here is an adult. ACT like it.
Sorry guys. I realize Cane is a big boy and can handle himself, but that post was WAY out of line and I posted accordingly. I meant no disrespect to anyone here other than the individual it was directed at. I was out of line and I know that, but I just couldn't let it go especially after all the crap Cane has been catching lately.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Last edited by DarinCraft; 03-24-2010 at 02:38 AM.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #24

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

If you are printing while carrying concealed and have no problem with that then you are showing off.

Grow up and follow the intent of concealed carry.

If you need to show off, you do not have the maturity or the intelligence to qualify to be licensed to participate in this activity. And I don't want you walking down the same street that I, or my family may be on!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabam View Post
I do frequently discuss matters like this with friends and relatives who are lawyers, judges, and district attorneys. I do my best to be as informed as possible about legal requirements for carrying concealed, s.d., etc.
Wow, I'm impressed!

I am starting my 64th rotation around our sun and I have no lawyers I consider friends, and not one judge or district attorney in my family.

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello

Old 03-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #26

So no laws have posted to support all of the opinions...interesting.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #27

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysilo View Post
OK, let me put this in small words and very simple terms:

If your concealed gun is printing - it is not concealed...

Old 03-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #28

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysilo View Post
I guess it's just easier for us to do the research for you? Just easier to ask the question in a firearms forum?

Old 03-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #29

- orangello

Old 03-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2738 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Robo signing in on the thread.

First of all, I will review all posts made in this thread and mete out disciplinary action as I see fit. EVERYONE needs to remain civil, period.

You want some law quoted?

Texas Penal Code
Sec. 46.035 (a)

A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (the Concealed Handgun law) and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.

Some major questions one could have are;

1. What is concealed? Subchapter H defines (3) "Concealed handgun" means a handgun, the presence of which is not openly discernable to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person.

So, is printing the same as not concealed? I believe the answer may be yes. It depends a bit on interpretation and degree.

2. What is intentionally? The Texas Penal Code defines it as follows; Sec. 6.03(a) A person acts intentionally, or with intent, with respect to the nature of his conduct or to a result of his conduct when it is his conscious objective or desire to engage in the conduct or cause the result.

So, to make this a crime IN TEXAS you must satisfy ALL elements of the offense. If it cannot be proven you INTENDED to "print" then you do not have an offense. Texas has another Culpable Mental State called "Reckless". It is a lesser Mental State to Intentional. One could reasonably conclude that mere printing is reckless but not intentional and therefore not an offense. IF a person was printing and was warned that he was doing so AND did nothing to rectify the situation, one MAY be able to make a case that he was then engaging in an intentional act because he failed to correct the reckless act.

Remember, this is just Texas law and no bearing whatsoever on any other state's laws.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Closed Thread