"Printing" your CC - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > "Printing" your CC

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 05:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs View Post
Does anyone know if you can get arrested or harassed for printing your gun in Michigan? or any state for that matter....
havent heard of printing. What are we talking about here?

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:46 AM   #12

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
havent heard of printing. What are we talking about here?
Intentional or unintentional lack of proper concealment of a weapon that can be construed as brandishing in certain jurisdictions.

Brandishing" a firearm or deadly weapon is the act of drawing or exhibiting a firearm or weapon in a rude or threatening manner. Simply showing a firearm requires a 30 day minimum jail sentence. If the brandishing occurs in a public place with a revolver or concealable handgun, the charge is a misdemeanor with a minimum of 90 days in jail. If this conduct occurs in the presence of a police officer, the punishment can include prison time, in the worst case scenario, the police have guns and are trained to use deadly force against you. excerpted Orange County, CA

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 03-20-2010 at 05:48 AM.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Intentional or unintentional lack of proper concealment of a weapon that can be construed as brandishing in certain jurisdictions.

Brandishing" a firearm or deadly weapon is the act of drawing or exhibiting a firearm or weapon in a rude or threatening manner. Simply showing a firearm requires a 30 day minimum jail sentence. If the brandishing occurs in a public place with a revolver or concealable handgun, the charge is a misdemeanor with a minimum of 90 days in jail. If this conduct occurs in the presence of a police officer, the punishment can include prison time, in the worst case scenario, the police have guns and are trained to use deadly force against you. excerpted Orange County, CA
Thank you for clarifying that for me. Never heard that terminology before.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #14

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Thank you for clarifying that for me. Never heard that terminology before.
Do you have a conceal carry license? If so your instructor should have mentioned this issue. If you were carrying concealed say like in Portland or other large somewhat anti-gun towns and your weapon was showing a raised outline of the grip bulge on a jacket a LEO would more than likely confront you, perhaps in an unpleasent way. Out of site, out of mind (of people who may not like guns in civilians hands) and you'll stay out of trouble. Common sense at it's best.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #15

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabam View Post
I really don't mean to offend anybody, but printing is not an issue in my state or in most, if not all states, to the best of my knowledge. I carry daily and probably print sometimes. I frequently carry around l.e. officers and have never been asked about my concealed carry.

Brandishing is prohibited in most states. Printing is not brandishing, to the best of my knowledge, in any state.

Respectfully, I'd like to see the verbiage in any state's law that says that printing is contrary to that state's law.
The states which do not allow open carry at all can get cranky with printing. Florida is one of those states and depending on the LEO, printing can be a bad thing. My daughter lives in FL and I'm always very careful to conceal completely when I'm there. Technically, if you're printing - the gun is not concealed...

Old 03-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #16

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
The states which do not allow open carry at all can get cranky with printing. Florida is one of those states and depending on the LEO, printing can be a bad thing. My daughter lives in FL and I'm always very careful to conceal completely when I'm there. Technically, if you're printing - the gun is not concealed...
Thank you Dave!

What part of "Concealed Carry" don't you guys understand?

Printing while concealed carrying is like being a little bit pregnant! You either are, or are not.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #17

Likes Given: 3

It don't matter what you say now, we're not going to pay the slightest attention to you after attacking a WELL respected member and moderator. You're starting out the wrong way and will never have any credibility on this forum if you continue along this course. If I was you I'd tread VERY carefully and stay in the glock section. It seems you're an expert in all states' laws. Welcome to the ignore bin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Owner View Post
Let me be nice and say that this is a steaming pile of BS.

Michigan is a traditional Open Carry state. This means that you don't even need a license to openly carry a firearm.

You need to check the laws yourself to see where you can carry and how you can carry. IIRC, there are rules for CC that don't apply to OC in MI, and vice versa.

And for anyone else reading this thread, there is no law on any state's statutes that prohibits your firearm from printing (if you claim it does, post a link to the statute).

That said, there are states (like Texas) that make it a criminal offense to intentionally not conceal your firearm. Laws of this nature can only be found in states that do not allow OC, and there are only 6 (Arkansas, Florida, New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Texas). No carry is permitted in Illinois, period (even fanny packers there have been convicted).

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 03-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #18

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Owner View Post
Let me be nice and say I love my mom! [mod edit]

Michigan is a traditional Open Carry state. This means that you don't even need a license to openly carry a firearm.

You need to check the laws yourself to see where you can carry and how you can carry. IIRC, there are rules for CC that don't apply to OC in MI, and vice versa.

And for anyone else reading this thread, there is no law on any state's statutes that prohibits your firearm from printing (if you claim it does, post a link to the statute).

That said, there are states (like Texas) that make it a criminal offense to intentionally not conceal your firearm. Laws of this nature can only be found in states that do not allow OC, and there are only 6 (Arkansas, Florida, New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Texas). No carry is permitted in Illinois, period (even fanny packers there have been convicted).
You are such a pile of trash. What legal experience do you have from there on your soapbox? Me? I'm a retired cop and if you are "printing" you are not concealed. As far as me linking the laws that prove this to you? You can pound sand, I've already wasted too much of my time by simply responding to you.

Go back to mall ninja quarterly and where you can push junior high kids around, you friggin' douche.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Last edited by user4; 03-24-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: combative

Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #19

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

This is one thread that Robo needs to visit and kill. As a Texas LEO, he can tell us directly if printing is cause for concern in states that do not support open carry...

Old 03-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #20

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Darin put his thoughts on it, so that is one LEO.

I agree NGIB that robo needs to stop in. It would be better if there were reply after reply from all the LEOs here, just a thought. Think about it, if all the next few threads there from robo, scubie, Glass, Brad (new SM)--just off the top of my head. I know there are others.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Closed Thread