"Printing" your CC
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > "Printing" your CC

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
ajs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default "Printing" your CC

Does anyone know if you can get arrested or harassed for printing your gun in Michigan? or any state for that matter....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-16-2010, 03:40 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

In Oklahoma you can't print.

See if there is something on Handgunlaw.us .

Old 02-16-2010, 03:47 AM   #3

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

If it's printing, it's NOT concealed.

If it's not concealed you're breaking the law.

It's that Black & White.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-16-2010, 04:20 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Pennsylvania--- Open Carry and CC are both legal for residents(CC requires a License to Carry Firearms), so printing is not a crime.

Carrying a loaded firearm in your car is always considered CC(LCF required).

Philadelphia has the only exception----residents need LCF for OC and/or CC
-----------------------------------------------------------------
IMO if you're carrying concealed, try to keep it concealed.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 02-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
IMO if you're carrying concealed, keep it concealed.
Fixed.

ten.
Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 02-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yes. The point of keeping it concealed is so bad people won't be inclined to take it (because they won't know it's there).

Old 02-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
ajs

Thanks for your input guys, I had planned on keeping it as concealed as possible but I just wanted to know what would happen if someone did notice a print on me.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
If it's printing, it's NOT concealed.

If it's not concealed you're breaking the law.

It's that Black & White.
Let me be nice and say that this is not the way I understand the law.[mod edit]

Michigan is a traditional Open Carry state. This means that you don't even need a license to openly carry a firearm.

You need to check the laws yourself to see where you can carry and how you can carry. IIRC, there are rules for CC that don't apply to OC in MI, and vice versa.

And for anyone else reading this thread, there is no law on any state's statutes that prohibits your firearm from printing (if you claim it does, post a link to the statute).

That said, there are states (like Texas) that make it a criminal offense to intentionally not conceal your firearm. Laws of this nature can only be found in states that do not allow OC, and there are only 6 (Arkansas, Florida, New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Texas). No carry is permitted in Illinois, period (even fanny packers there have been convicted).

Last edited by user4; 03-24-2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Be nice, or be GONE

Old 03-20-2010, 02:39 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

With my first Texas CHL, printing was heavily stressed. In the training for my renewal, printing was less emphasized. If the piece is covered and out of sight, it should be OK. That doesn't mean some hotrod LEO can't make trouble for you and I'd avoid any carry issues if possible.

Most of my carry is in my right front pants pocket. I used to crumple up a napkin and place it over the piece to break up the pattern. It's really not a problem and easily corrected.

Printing...OK how about those fanny packs? In our extreme Houston summer weather, we fanny pack a lot. Not too obvious we are carrying, huh? We always get a glance from LEO's but we have NEVER been challenged.

Flash

Old 03-20-2010, 03:50 AM   #10

To agree with Roger4314, my first Texas CHL class stressed no printing, when I renewed, they stressed that as long as you are not intentionally not concealing, then you are on the right side of the law. My instructors example was the passenger seat of your car, if you just set you gun on the seat, you intentionally did not conceal. If you set it on the seat and placed newspaper over it, and some or all of the gun became visible, that was unintentional, and therefore legal.

I still make every effort to make sure my carry weapon is always concealed, but since my last class, I don't stress it as much. (eg. grabbing something off the top shelf at the grocery store.)

Closed Thread