Printing issues??? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Printing issues???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29

before making yourself bigger, and possibly uncomfortable, change the holster. A custom made holster will solve these issues for under $70.

Thats not really true. I have been carrying Glocks of all sizes for years in all types of clothing including swim trunks and they can certainly be hidden. There is no print from my 19 in any clothing using my defensiveholsters.com holster.
There is a big difference in going out of your way to conceal a large pistol and having a pistol that is truly compact and doesn't require any work. A thinner pistol will conceal better than a Glock (or equivalent brand that jokingly calls its shorter models "compact") even if they are the same height and length

Old 05-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

What does that mean?
When the outline of the gun you are carrying concealed shows though your clothing.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #23

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I wouldn't call using the proper holster for your body "going out of your way".

Old 05-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29
I wouldn't call using the proper holster for your body "going out of your way".
There is something to be said for a proper holster but the fact remains that a thicker pistol sticks out from your body further.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #25

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You cannot disagree with that, it is simple physics. The disagreement was with the notion that a "glock will just print like that". My Glock does not print.

Different strokes for everyone, that is why there are dozens of gun companies and hundres of companies making accessories.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #26

Liked 1961 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
What does that mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxuser3890 View Post
When the outline of the gun you are carrying concealed shows though your clothing.
...AND someone realizes you're carrying...

Old 05-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #27

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by invicta8926 View Post
Last night while at KFC in Springlake I looked into the glass and noticed the outline of my Glock clearly shown because of the chair I was sitting in. I'm not sure about the vest but I'm going to the gun show on June 2nd to see if I can find something to alleviate the problem. Any idea's considering warm weather is here?
I have heard that Ramora IWB holsters work well. Very low profile, not a lot of bulk typical of many IWB style holsters...

http://remoraholsters.com/Products.html

Printing issues??? - Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 05-27-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:56 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

"Printing" when you are CCW'ing is a combination of a lot of different factors. All you have to do is correct one of them and it makes a big difference.

Thinner pistol? Yes, if you have one.

Different holster? Yes, I have several that I use for different events.

Clothing? A BIG yes here, most people do not take in to account the size of shirt they are wearing. What fit you good before might not work for you when you are carrying. Most of the time when you adjust your wardrobe it makes all the difference. A larger shirt is cheaper then a new handgun and sometimes cheaper then a different holster.

People, in my opinion, have become less observant to what others have on their sides. Most of the time people see others carrying cell phones that are to big to fit in there pockets. And what color are most of the holsters for a cell phone? Black. So that is what people think you have under your shirt when they look. Only those that are carrying really know the difference.

When in doubt carry around the house like you would if you are out on the town, ask your wife/gf or a friend to watch you and see what you have to do to correct the problem.

What is worse then "Printing" is to have your child ask you in public if you are carrying your gun. Had that happen a time or two. Best fix for that is to name your weapon. I know it sounds weird, but it works. Plus it is a whole lot easier to explain if you have "Robert" then to explain why you are carrying.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:31 AM   #29

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Unless your wearing a ski jacket or bulky vest, Any gun with a full length grip WILL PRINT. If you doubt this you simply have not been carrying long enough.

Grip length and thickness are the keys. Ideal dimensions are less than 4" tall from the bottom of the mag well to the top of the slide and 1" or less in thickness.

Anyone interested if my logic on these dimensions can click on my Avatar, go to my threads, and read "Ideal dimensions for a CCW pistol".

Tack

Old 05-28-2012, 03:01 AM   #30

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
People, in my opinion, have become less observant to what others have on their sides. Most of the time people see others carrying cell phones that are to big to fit in there pockets. And what color are most of the holsters for a cell phone? Black. So that is what people think you have under your shirt when they look. Only those that are carrying really know the difference..
True. I was at the Broward Convention Center today for a Home Expo. It's located in a Gun Free Zone because it is a Port under Customs Authority. I wore the exact same tactical short sleeve shirt (almost looks like a regular shirt sleeve shirt but a tad thicker material) but instead of my gun, I had two cellphone cases on my right hip which look almost identical to my gun in terms of the way it silhouettes against the shirt.

Walked past numerous security guards and several uniformed Police Officers.
Not a single look from anyone. Even stopped and chatted with a Broward Sheriff's deputy.
Had I had my gun with me, I would have been committing a felony, but noone would have even noticed...or asked. BTW...some say they ask if you have any weapons when you enter the Port....the guards did not ask. At least not me. Guess I look harmless.