Is printing that big a deal in open carry states - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Is printing that big a deal in open carry states

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 04:39 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just pm'ed the virginia resident expert (at least I think he is) C3shooter, hopefully he'll get a minute and stop by to give his take on this. I greatly appreciate all input, but being from virginia I think he may be able to put this thread to bed,, so to speak.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 921 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

I live in Mass. We have crappier gun laws than most states (NY, IL, NJ... are a few exceptions). With our laws, "printing" isn't an issue. As long as no part of the gun itself is visible, we're good, doesn't matter if there is a buldge.

I'm 5'9, 155lbs. I carry a Glock 20 or my S&W 1911, on a belt holster. And have a jacket over it. I work in Boston, across from a cop hangout (Dunkin Donuts), and walk by them every morning to get my coffee. Not once have they given me any grief. Same with other cities and towns I go to.

Basically, it's whatever your state means by concealed.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-15-2012, 05:06 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 921 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Just found this... http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308 From the Code of Virginia.

18.2-308. Personal protection; carrying concealed weapons; when lawful to carry.

A. If any person carries about his person, hidden from common observation,

To me, this sounds like printing is NOT an issue. But, that's just how I read it.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Last edited by Mason609; 03-15-2012 at 05:26 AM. Reason: content

Old 03-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thPointOfContact View Post
I'm told that in Georgia it's quite legal to walk or ride a bike UNTIL you get your driving license. At that point you can no longer walk, run, hop, skip, roller skate, or bicycle. From that point on, even going to the end of the driveway to check the mail must be done from your car.

Now... how much sense does That make?
(Not picking on ya, just that I've heard the same thing before and no one ever seems to be able to post a statute saying so.)
I know. I tryed looking it up last night and cant find anything. Im gonna ask a good friend of mine to look it up for me and see what he comes up with.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1382 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
I know the laws pretty good. Been doing alot of reading online about Michigan gun laws the past five months or so. But no real world experiance with carrying concealed and someone seeing it. So i dont know exactly whats gonna happen when it does.
nothing

OC gets more attention from the uninformed masses and sometimes will lead to LEO contact.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #26

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retaks View Post
I know. I tryed looking it up last night and cant find anything. Im gonna ask a good friend of mine to look it up for me and see what he comes up with.
Here's what I found for Georgia:

Quote:
Q: Do I need to carry my firearm concealed or may I carry openly?
A: Under the law, a Georgia Weapons License holder may carry a weapon or longgun openly or concealed in any location that is not off limits. However, should you choose to openly carry a handgun, please be aware of the image you present to the public while doing so. They vote.
Here's the link:

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/frequently-asked-questions/

Maybe this helps?

Old 03-16-2012, 03:35 AM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Here in PA you can technically open carry with a license to carry. It's discouraged and I don't recommend it unless your shooting on private property. If you don't want to advertise you have a firearm on your person just make some clothing changes for yourself.