Is printing that big a deal in open carry states - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Is printing that big a deal in open carry states

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

To me printing is having the shape of gun showing. Someone seeing the gun is something else.

In NC printing and even a peek is OK unless you cause someone to become scared and the they call it terrorizing the public.

It then comes down to the mood if the cops.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #12

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombihunter804 View Post
That's why I say "it may be seen as brandishing to the uneducated".
Sorry absolutely horrible reading comprehension on my part! I read right over "to the uneducated".

Old 03-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #13

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux
In MI, it's no big deal. In fact, most of the time I carry on an external holster with a shirt pulled over it. Very few people ever notice.
+1 in indiana too, this is an open carry state as well. I carry my full size 1911 in a blackhawk serpa paddle and usually just pull my untucked tshirt over it and go on. In six years of carrying its only been spotted twice, once by a walmart employee who is a high school buddy and also carries. The other time i was in bass pro looking at pistols and a woman next to me noticed it and asked what kind of pistol i was packin, her and hubby were looking at handguns for home defense.

I dont really worry about printing anyways because the gun laws here are pretty lax.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

By God I'm so glad I live in Colorado!! Here it is 100% legal to carry in the open or with a CCW, minus of course Federal buildings and schools. We just has a court case where the state supreme court ruled in favor of allowing CCW's to students going to CU. The libs in Boulder absolutely died on that one, everyone else cheered!! The only time there is a problem here is with police officers who don't know or aren't clear on the laws, those problems get cleared up quickly when their supervisors are involved.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #15

Liked 280 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Im still waiting for my Cpl in Michigan but i open carry my Gp100 and thats my only carry gun at the moment. But its not a problem from what i heard in my Cpl class. I guess only time will tell.

forumrunner_20120314_191648.jpg  

Old 03-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 841 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
Im still waiting for my Cpl in Michigan but i open carry my Gp100 and thats my only carry gun at the moment. But its not a problem from what i heard in my Cpl class. I guess only time will tell.
If you're OC, you're probably well aware of state police update 86...

Brandishing - as defined by a former MI Attorney General
the term brandishing is defined as: "1. To wave or flourish menacingly, as a weapon. 2. To display ostentatiously. –n. A menacing or defiant wave or flourish." This definition comports with the meaning ascribed to this term by courts of other jurisdictions. For example, in United States v Moerman, 233 F3d 379, 380 (CA 6, 2000), the court recognized that in federal sentencing guidelines, "brandishing" a weapon is defined to mean "that the weapon was pointed or waved about, or displayed in a threatening manner."
http://www.ag.state.mi.us/opinion/datafiles/2000s/op10176.htm

Old 03-15-2012, 12:41 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It is in Utah. Concealed is concealed..open is open

Old 03-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #18

Liked 280 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I know the laws pretty good. Been doing alot of reading online about Michigan gun laws the past five months or so. But no real world experiance with carrying concealed and someone seeing it. So i dont know exactly whats gonna happen when it does.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:51 AM   #19

Liked 28 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retaks View Post
From what ive been told here in PA open carry is 100% legal UNTIL you get your CCW permit. At that point you can no longer open carry. I really havnt researched this due to me not living in a great neighborhood so i really dont want neone to know im carrying anything.
I'm told that in Georgia it's quite legal to walk or ride a bike UNTIL you get your driving license. At that point you can no longer walk, run, hop, skip, roller skate, or bicycle. From that point on, even going to the end of the driveway to check the mail must be done from your car.

Now... how much sense does That make?
(Not picking on ya, just that I've heard the same thing before and no one ever seems to be able to post a statute saying so.)

Old 03-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #20

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thPointOfContact

I'm told that in Georgia it's quite legal to walk or ride a bike UNTIL you get your driving license. At that point you can no longer walk, run, hop, skip, roller skate, or bicycle. From that point on, even going to the end of the driveway to check the mail must be done from your car.

Now... how much sense does That make?
(Not picking on ya, just that I've heard the same thing before and no one ever seems to be able to post a statute saying so.)
Seems to be a lot of people who like to ride their bikes after they get a drivers license.