Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   printing in arkansas (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/printing-arkansas-71994/)

Rtyauch 09-07-2012 09:02 AM

printing in arkansas

im going to be working in Arkansas for about 3 months and im trying to decide what to take with me. most of my guns print a little nothing to bad but i notice whats Arkansas stand point on printing. i have checked my CC permit does have reciprocity so no issue with that.

treehugger49 09-07-2012 12:36 PM

How long have you been carrying?

I would suggest that if multiple guns you own all print, then you are doing something wrong.

Perhaps you're using the wrong holster. OWBs are more difficult to conceal than IWB.

Perhaps you need to orient your holster at a different "clock" position on your belt.

Perhaps you need to adjust the cant of the holster.

Perhaps you are wearing clothing that is too fitted. Wear something more loose fitting.

I carry a full-sized XD-40 service and, to my knowledge, no one has ever noticed.

Rtyauch 09-07-2012 01:03 PM

i said most not all my ruger sr9c doesn't. i carry in about the 1 o'clock position because anywhere else is pretty noticeable. im 6'3 and 140 pounds. the point being is i wanted to take my Taurus millennium .45. ill be driving for the department of agriculture their is no dress code i do wear very loose clothing but if the wind blows the grip usually prints on the taurus a little cant tell its a gun at all... i guess im worried over nonsense.

mountainman13 09-07-2012 01:07 PM

Consider I'm 5'10" 180# and I carry a glock 20. Yea you're worrying too much.

treehugger49 09-07-2012 01:19 PM

Yep, probably this! ^^^^^^^

gollygee 09-07-2012 04:18 PM

There's a difference in "printing" & just a slight bulge in your shirt. You should check the Arkansas regs to determine what they call printing. In Texas, the pistol/revolver outline must show & generally will only be an issue, even then, if someone panics & calls 911. But, like you I prefer not even have a bulge because I'd just as soon not have anyone guess I'm carrying. Sometimes a dark cover garment or a patterned one may help.

Rtyauch 09-07-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gollygee (Post 931819)
There's a difference in "printing" & just a slight bulge in your shirt. You should check the Arkansas regs to determine what they call printing. In Texas, the pistol/revolver outline must show & generally will only be an issue, even then, if someone panics & calls 911. But, like you I prefer not even have a bulge because I'd just as soon not have anyone guess I'm carrying. Sometimes a dark cover garment or a patterned one may help.

yea i know Texas is strict and i wasn't sure about Arkansas. tried looking it up but couldn't find anything specific on Arkansas state sight so i thought id ask on here thinking maybe a Arkansas resident may have some input.. for the type of work ill be doing and the amount of money ill have on hand and the fact ill be going to an area im not familiar with i just want to carry a gun im more comfortable shooting...

treehugger49 09-07-2012 10:55 PM

Don't blame you for wanting to carry on your stay in AR.

Maybe this will help. I didn't read the whole document carefully, but didn't see any reference to "printing."

http://handgunlaw.us/states/arkansas.pdf

Rtyauch 09-08-2012 12:22 AM

thank you that website is very useful..

Ram Rod 09-08-2012 11:06 PM

How does law enforcement look at printing in Arkansas? Actually.....you shouldn't have to worry about too much about brandishing laws unless someone with little to do notices you and dials 911 for man with a gun. I do suggest to many folks that concealed is concealed. Arkansas is a concealed only state thus far. I don't know where folks get off thinking that printing is acceptable when concealing.....but then again....I understand the human misconceptions that abound as to what is acceptable, and what is pushing the limits. Concealed not only means hiding from view.....but also that nobody can detect that you're carrying. What part of printing is not detectable? We are all held responsible for our actions....we just need to be responsible in our actions to avoid confrontations and problems.
If you're from out of state, then I'd be even more careful about your carry here in Arkansas. If you're going to be in my neighborhood, I'll take you to the range sometime.