Printing..... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Printing.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineguy View Post
Well being 6'3" and 260, I already wear big shirts and a T-shirt. I think if I become Jenny Craig's next spokesperson and dropped a few it might conceal better.

I can relate to that. I'm quite a bit smaller at 5'9", but when I gain weight, it's around the middle & I can see that space between me & my outer shirt getting smaller.

I actually don't worry too much about a small bulge, as long as it isn't pistol shaped. With everyone carrying cell phones, etc. I don't think anyone pays attention to a bulge.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee

I can relate to that. I'm quite a bit smaller at 5'9", but when I gain weight, it's around the middle & I can see that space between me & my outer shirt getting smaller.

I actually don't worry too much about a small bulge, as long as it isn't pistol shaped. With everyone carrying cell phones, etc. I don't think anyone pays attention to a bulge.
Good point!! Never thought of that.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #23

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Well in my experience it has alot to do with paranoia. I also observe other people everywhere i go. Most people just carry along with their day and arent looking and or dont care. You know you have a gun so it can seem like everyone knows your packing. I do like dark color shirts like black or dark blue though. I seem to notice printing more easily with white shirts. Different holsters can work wonders as well. Long as its not extremely obvious you should be good. Never adjust in public though, thats a dead giveaway.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #24
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 350 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 612

People only see what they want to see. If they're not actively looking on your left side for a gun, they won't see it. Most people are right handed so anyone looking would look to your right and not your left. Wearing dark colors or vertical stripes will help eliminate any printing. Don't worry about it. I know I don't.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #25

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
People only see what they want to see. If they're not actively looking on your left side for a gun, they won't see it. Most people are right handed so anyone looking would look to your right and not your left. Wearing dark colors or vertical stripes will help eliminate any printing. Don't worry about it. I know I don't.
Very true!!

Also see Low Printing Custom Kydex Holsters

Old 06-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Why do you really care if you print, as long as its covered you are good. In the state of sc it dont matter how obvious it is that you have a gun on your person just make sure your clothing covers it, its kinda like a dip can.in the back pocket you know what it is ,you just dont know what kind it is because its concealed!!!

Old 06-03-2012, 01:36 AM   #27

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If your CC holster has multiple positions for the belt clips, move the clip closest to your backside up one position. Leave the clip toward your belt buckle where it is. This angles the butt of your gun more in line with your torso. You might have to reposition your holster to 8:30 but this helps minimize printing. Another benefit is it angles your draw a tad more toward horizontal versus straight up. Then, if you are using kydex, you may have to tighten up retention just a tad. I carry a Glock 19 wearing a t-shirt and shorts with no problems.