Printing..... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Printing.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 951 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Default Printing

No printing for me. I went through the phase of trying to carry to much gun.

I ended up carrying a Kel-tec PF9 with belt clip kit installed. see photo below. No more holsters for me. I wear it outside my pants, inside my belt. It fits so flat, it is impossible to see. Plus, I have shot it so much, it's like pointing my finger at someone and bang. I practice at 15 feet.

Plus, I have carried so long, that it is like wearing a wristwatch.
dscn0633.jpg

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

Old 04-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

But does it draw well?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #13

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

There may be a combination of things that you should do. As already suggested, a different shirt material that does not tend to cling. I carry the same way, except I carry cross-draw & can carry a full size double stacked 9mm. I've found that cotton shirts have less tendacy to print, but of course, they must be ironed & I and my wife don't like to iron. I have found a few synthetics that seem to be of thicker material that work fine. Another thing is, shirts which are cut for wearing tucked are usually close fitting. The ones designed for wearing untucked are more blousey & I buy them a size larger than I really need. Of course, I'm an old codger & don't care if I dress a little sloppy.

Next is your gear. The proper holster with a good belt will hold the weapon up snug to your side. I wear a T-shirt undeneath it to keep it from chafing my skin. The best cant for me is one that angles the grip upwards against my side. When the grips are parallel to the floor, it seems that they stick out away from my body more & tend to put a bulge in my cover garment. That's where a good thick, stiff belt really pays for itself. The holster may have the correct cant, but a limber belt will let it tilt forward/backward.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee
There may be a combination of things that you should do. As already suggested, a different shirt material that does not tend to cling. I carry the same way, except I carry cross-draw & can carry a full size double stacked 9mm. I've found that cotton shirts have less tendacy to print, but of course, they must be ironed & I and my wife don't like to iron. I have found a few synthetics that seem to be of thicker material that work fine. Another thing is, shirts which are cut for wearing tucked are usually close fitting. The ones designed for wearing untucked are more blousey & I buy them a size larger than I really need. Of course, I'm an old codger & don't care if I dress a little sloppy.

Next is your gear. The proper holster with a good belt will hold the weapon up snug to your side. I wear a T-shirt undeneath it to keep it from chafing my skin. The best cant for me is one that angles the grip upwards against my side. When the grips are parallel to the floor, it seems that they stick out away from my body more & tend to put a bulge in my cover garment. That's where a good thick, stiff belt really pays for itself. The holster may have the correct cant, but a limber belt will let it tilt forward/backward.
Well being 6'3" and 260, I already wear big shirts and a T-shirt. I think if I become Jenny Craig's next spokesperson and dropped a few it might conceal better.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineguy View Post
For my cc I carry my xd9sc w/ an IWB CB super tuck. I typically wear a button up shirt daily(untucked). I am a lefty, so I carry at about 8 o'clock. I guess my question is this. Regardless of how I carry at points throughout the day, I print. Whether the wind blows my shirt against my carry or I bend over and someways in the way I twist my body. Is there something I am not doing/understanding or just plain "paranoid" that it will be observed by the general public? Any help would be great, thanks!!
Will, i must say, IMO the problem isnt the gun at all, its the position. I have both a G23 and G30sf and have no problems. I have tryed that position and it is very comfy but involves more risk of printing; especially when bending over. the 3o'clock works well for me and is comfy enough. Sometimes i forget im carrying.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #16

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
But does it draw well?
I had the P3AT with the belt clip and it drew pretty well. I never did like that I didn't have a trigger guard. That's one reason I started using it with a holster.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #17

Liked 393 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Most people don't notice because they're not looking for it. Unless your shirt blows up and actually exposes your piece, I wouldn't worry, especially with a Super Tuck.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #18
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2111 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 630

I am right handed and have found that carrying at 4 o'clock with the butt forward prints a lot less. It is also easier to draw in a car. You will have to learn to draw with it in this position but it just takes a little practice.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #19
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

One idea on warmer days try the Bersa in a pocket holster. I have to dress professional everyday, and find that an easy way to conceal.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb
One idea on warmer days try the Bersa in a pocket holster. I have to dress professional everyday, and find that an easy way to conceal.
I'm a truck driver and by law we can't carry at work or in a truck. But I do carry on days off. And like I stated in my OP, I'm left handed and carry at about 8 o'clock because it's most comfortable. Guess I'll try the 9 o'clock position and maybe adjust the holster more.