Printing.....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Printing.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Printing.....

For my cc I carry my xd9sc w/ an IWB CB super tuck. I typically wear a button up shirt daily(untucked). I am a lefty, so I carry at about 8 o'clock. I guess my question is this. Regardless of how I carry at points throughout the day, I print. Whether the wind blows my shirt against my carry or I bend over and someways in the way I twist my body. Is there something I am not doing/understanding or just plain "paranoid" that it will be observed by the general public? Any help would be great, thanks!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

A heavier material would likely help. It may be a bit of paranoia also.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

All winter I had no problem with my g23, Now I am having the same problem as you. I my self am looking in to a smaller pistol like a cm9 for summer ccw. I have a s&w p99c in 40 that conceals fine I just do not like the gun and will sell it most likely.

Rain, snow or sleet.... Mud, sand and dirt.... My GLOCK will work ;)

Old 04-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #4

I have a 380 thunder that would conceal better but don't have a holster for it and it's pretty small for my hand. I've had it for yrs for mainly HD.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineguy
I have a 380 thunder that would conceal better but don't have a holster for it and it's pretty small for my hand. I've had it for yrs for mainly HD.
How do you like that gun? I have been looking to buy one for my wife.

Rain, snow or sleet.... Mud, sand and dirt.... My GLOCK will work ;)

Old 04-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticGunner

How do you like that gun? I have been looking to buy one for my wife.
It's a really nice gun, shoots great and accurate! If I was a woman and needed/wanted to carry something small, this would be the one. It's thin and light and small. I just prefer a little bigger caliber. Perfect for a woman.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #7

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Printing is a factor of gun size, holster type, and body type. There is no silver bullet that fixes this for everyone. Only a trial and error process to discover what works for you.

In my 16+ years of daily CCW I've packed the full size spectrum of sidearms. 5 years ago I discovered the magic of a pistol that was no taller than 4" from top of slide to bottom of mag well and no wider than 1" at the slide. I've carried this gun with 1 bu mag in an office environment for 5 years with no concern of printing. Not to pump my choice of gun because there are many that fit these dimensions but if your currious, it's the Kahr PM 9. carried in a belly band rig slung low around the hip I'm able to position the gun strong side and it completely disappears.

Good luck

Tack

Old 04-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3099 Times on 1553 Posts
Likes Given: 383

I think your being self conscious about it.
Most people will never notice. All the crap on people's belts these days, most will just think you have some sort of electronic leash on your belt. Ironically, the people most likely to notice will probably be other people CCing.

NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Old 04-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
I think your being self conscious about it.
Most people will never notice. All the crap on people's belts these days, most will just think you have some sort of electronic leash on your belt. Ironically, the people most likely to notice will probably be other people CCing.
I was carrying the 16rd mag for it and a buddy of mine suggested the 10rd mag and that shorter 1"-1 1/4" made a huge difference but I guess in the back of my head I still feel like all eyes are on me. I just recently started carrying again after yrs of not carrying so maybe it's just all mental.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Imo if its not in the back of tour mind you might be too relaxed about it. Let's face it there are people out there actively seeking to take away our rights. All it takes is an anti in a restaurant to notice it and make a big commotion and you have problems.

I don't need No stinking signature.