Praise or support in public? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Praise or support in public?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #41
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
Depends, i had a beretta, i never put the manual safety on while carrying, i carried it half cocked, i did like the built in drop safety. I now edc (both cc & oc) a ruger da revolver, it has a transfer bar safety, which i think was pure genius. Like oc, manual safeties have their place, it is more of a personal choice, as is the choice of revolver or semi-auto. The option should be available, if you want to cc with the safety on, and not one in the pipe, than thats a personal choice, just be aware of the drawbacks.

Basically there shouldnt be any criticism on any of it, just the facts and the choice and leave it at that.
Great answer. But..wouldn't your stance that the clothing slows you down kinda require a stance that a manual safety does the same?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #42

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

I have not. If your wearing it correctly, no one will know that your carrying anyway.

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

Old 04-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Quote:
See what below, theres nothing there, just as your argument, lol. There will always be a slight delay, even a fraction of a second, for you still will have to move clothing out of the way, and what are you going to do if one hand is injured? And history, correctly examined proves out that an openly armed society is far more polite to eachother, sure there will always be crime and criminals. In the old west the main violence was bandits and drunken gamblers, many towns had ordinances against wearing arms in town, but that didnt stop anyone, thats why the derringer was so popular.
Are you saying my signature line does not appear when you read my post????
To say open carry makes people more polite would would infer they are afraid of those who are carrying a gun, this is why I do not agree with this statement and ask that people refrain for using it!
Secondly, the only place where open carry was restricted in the 'old west' was in the 'red light' part of town where the drinking, gambling, and prostitution took place. Just some fact you will learn if you study the history of the anti-gun movement. The exception to this is if there was corrupt political 'machine/boss' in control of the town, city, county, state, or country they would restrict the RTKABA's to control the opposition. This the root of all the anti-gun legislation in this country and most others!!!

Lets assume you are correct, which your not, when you say you have a faster draw from open carry. You lose ALL of that and more by not have the element of surprise on your side. I have been there, saw that, done that, and have scares to prove it!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 04-12-2013 at 06:15 PM.
blindshooter Likes This 
Old 04-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 462 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 141

I thought in America they carried firearms for self defence of themselves or families. Not for posing looking for phrase attention or making political statements.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #45

Liked 106 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post

Great answer. But..wouldn't your stance that the clothing slows you down kinda require a stance that a manual safety does the same?
That is my stance, for me, i was beating around the bush on that. I dont feel like arguing, as we are all allowed our oppinions.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #46
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:

That is my stance, for me, i was beating around the bush on that. I dont feel like arguing, as we are all allowed our oppinions.
I'm good with not arguing. When a person has conflicting opinions on issues I find it interesting to know the reasoning.

I don't need No stinking signature.