Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Praise or support in public?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #21
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post

My neck of the woods...state wise....West Virginians enjoy firearms and there are a surprising number of folks that OC here...while I might not buy you an ice cream for carrying....I might for stopping by and enjoying our beautiful state.

As for my preference, I understand both sides of the argument. I would prefer open carry but there are still folks that are uncomfortable with it. it makes better sense to conceal socially that is
Makes more sense tactically also. I do wish I had the option to oc anyway.
__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:27 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Nate882004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 50
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Default

I do not have my concealed carry yet. When I get it I will conceal. But, until I do I will OC everywhere I can legally. I find it sad that so many don't oc cause they're afraid of what other people might think. I don't ask or want to be recognized, but it was nice when it happened. There is a time and place for everything.

__________________

Nate from WV, live in NC

Nate882004 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:32 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
NC1760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nawth Cackalackee
Posts: 898
Liked 627 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 1244

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
Now if absolutely everyone had a gun and oc'd than we woild have a rather polite and safe society.
Sure it would be..... Then you'll have guys like that asshat who walked into a grocery store with an AR!5 to "prove a point" and scared the $h*t out of everybody... http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/28/man-who-brought-ar-15-into-grocery-store-to-face-no-criminal-charges/ ... BTW, this is EXACTLY how the anti's want us all to look to the public in general, so thank you very little.

You're not doing anybody any favors by open carry (legal or not) so get a permit, put it on, cover it up and keep it to yourself.
__________________
NC1760 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:48 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
apwvsd40ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 538
Liked 135 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Sure it would be..... Then you'll have guys like that asshat who walked into a grocery store with an AR!5 to "prove a point" and scared the $h*t out of everybody... http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/28/man-who-brought-ar-15-into-grocery-store-to-face-no-criminal-charges/ ... BTW, this is EXACTLY how the anti's want us all to look to the public in general, so thank you very little.

You're not doing anybody any favors by open carry (legal or not) so get a permit, put it on, cover it up and keep it to yourself.
While I get your argument...why do you think it is such an issue to open carry? I realize there are lots of opinions on this...but I am curious. As I said earlier...the majority of the reason I do not open carry off of my property is because of public perception.

As far as how the "anti's" want us to look...how does open carry shed a bad light on the person or the overall group if it is legal?
__________________

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

apwvsd40ve is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:59 AM   #25
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TekGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 1,705
Liked 1125 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Default

My wife and I both have CCW permits and we both always carry, So we both watch each other for "printing" and activities that will expose us such as bending at the waist to pick something up. I'm proud to say that through our own diligence, no one has ever spotted us carrying and said something about it. We both agree that we'd rather surprise a criminal rather than try to intimidate him with open carry. We also both hate the media representation of anyone that open carries as a "cowboy" and don't want to add to the problem for all of us.

__________________

.
.
“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

TekGreg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:31 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,272
Liked 3706 Times on 1827 Posts
Likes Given: 1006

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Sure it would be..... Then you'll have guys like that asshat who walked into a grocery store with an AR!5 to "prove a point" and scared the $h*t out of everybody... http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/28/man-who-brought-ar-15-into-grocery-store-to-face-no-criminal-charges/ ... BTW, this is EXACTLY how the anti's want us all to look to the public in general, so thank you very little.

You're not doing anybody any favors by open carry (legal or not) so get a permit, put it on, cover it up and keep it to yourself.
I've been carrying concealed daily for 17 years now and used to share ^^THIS^^ philosophy... But I may be attending my first OC rally this month in Vancouver

I have no interest in provoking video confrontation and this
Group will be meeting for the second time at a local coffee shop that welcomes OC.

Not 100% yet...

I wonder if this is what gays feel like when deciding to come out of the closet?

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:52 AM   #27
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TekGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 1,705
Liked 1125 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

I wonder if this is what gays feel like when deciding to come out of the closet?

Tack
Yup, exactly, Tack! In fact, I bet once you do, you'll leave this forum and start hanging out with "your own people."
__________________

.
.
“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

TekGreg is offline  
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:07 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,272
Liked 3706 Times on 1827 Posts
Likes Given: 1006

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Yup, exactly, Tack! In fact, I bet once you do, you'll leave this forum and start hanging out with "your own people."
Haha...

Give that man a CIGAR! It's not often anyone pulls off the elusive Tack burn but you did it Greg!

Very Nice!

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 AM   #29
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TekGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 1,705
Liked 1125 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Haha...

Give that man a CIGAR! It's not often anyone pulls off the elusive Tack burn but you did it Greg!

Very Nice!

Tack
Thank you! I can now proudly wear the flaming Tackleberry patch on my jacket - I love being a member of an exclusive club!
__________________

.
.
“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

TekGreg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
NC1760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nawth Cackalackee
Posts: 898
Liked 627 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 1244

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
While I get your argument...why do you think it is such an issue to open carry? I realize there are lots of opinions on this...but I am curious. As I said earlier...the majority of the reason I do not open carry off of my property is because of public perception.

As far as how the "anti's" want us to look...how does open carry shed a bad light on the person or the overall group if it is legal?
I don't feel like repeating statements again.... so please go back and read my 1st posting in this thread for your answers to the above. Thanks
__________________
NC1760 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Petition To Keep Public Lands Public Vikingdad The Club House 1 01-27-2013 04:26 AM
Public education on OC and CCW ffrandy Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 9 09-17-2012 06:52 PM
buck mark impressions and praise pranc2 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 14 04-08-2011 12:13 PM
Obama to appeal for public support on health care AcidFlashGordon Politics, Religion and Controversy 12 03-13-2010 02:35 AM