Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Praise or support in public?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4513 Times on 2373 Posts
Likes Given: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate882004 View Post
Have you ever been out and had some stranger praise you for wearing your weapon and exercising your rights?
Nope cuz concealed is a huge almost 100% winning advantage of surprise. I think its pretty stupid to give that advantage away by showing my hogleg, so ive never been praised or ridiculed for carrying.

I dont carry a gun to make public display of myself or make a political statement. The only statement i intend to make is putting rounds center mass on an goblin looking to create a body count, rob me, or in the act of rape.

Now i get "awesome hat!!" "Too cool!!" "Can i touch it??" All the time when im wearing my skunk skin hat around.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 04-10-2013 at 12:42 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #12

Liked 37 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Nope cuz concealed is a huge almost 100% winning advantage of surprise. I think its pretty stupid to give that advantage away by showing my hogleg, so ive never been praised or ridiculed for carrying.

I dont carry a gun to make public display of myself or make a political statement. The only statement i intend to make is putting rounds center mass on an goblin looking to create a body count, rob me, or in the act of rape.

Now i get "awesome hat!!" "Too cool!!" "Can i touch it??" All the time when im wearing my skunk skin hat around.
I don't see an advantage to open carry vs. concealed, other than wanting to show your gun off .

Old 04-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #13

Liked 162 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindshooter

I don't see an advantage to open carry vs. concealed, other than wanting to show your gun off .
I totally agree.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6149 Times on 3729 Posts
Likes Given: 7024

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Oh, man!! Please don't be wearing that thing when I come up to go shooting with you.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 797 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
Have you ever been out and had some stranger praise you for wearing your weapon and exercising your rights?
I spent 30+ in uniform. It happened all the time!!!
Off duty I don't want the attention! I want to 'surprise' the public if the need should arise!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

NC1760 Likes This 
Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6149 Times on 3729 Posts
Likes Given: 7024

If and when I ever carry, I hope no one knows I'm carrying.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #17

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

Were you open carrying?

Either way that would just be weird. Like getting a free sandwich just because I'm exercising my right to breathe.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #18

Liked 87 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindshooter View Post

Faster draw, way faster. There is a time and place for everything, in libtard seattle 100% concealed, near my house, on the trail, camping, etc than open is just fine.

Now if absolutely everyone had a gun and oc'd than we woild have a rather polite and safe society.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:18 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 155 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post

Faster draw, way faster. There is a time and place for everything, in libtard seattle 100% concealed, near my house, on the trail, camping, etc than open is just fine.

Now if absolutely everyone had a gun and oc'd than we woild have a rather polite and safe society.
I agree with you, there are times for concealment then there are times that it is not needed.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #20

Liked 135 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
I was just at the Tamrack in Beckley, WV when I was given free ice cream in appreciation for having my firearm on my side and standing for what I believe in and exercising my right. Thank you "dude at the ice cream stand".
My neck of the woods...state wise....West Virginians enjoy firearms and there are a surprising number of folks that OC here...while I might not buy you an ice cream for carrying....I might for stopping by and enjoying our beautiful state.

As for my preference, I understand both sides of the argument. I would prefer open carry but there are still folks that are uncomfortable with it. it makes better sense to conceal socially that is

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

danf_fl Likes This